Looking for an editor - Ongoing series

MaiaEmpire

I write for fun.
Hello, I hope I'm doing this correctly. I've been attempting to find a volunteer editor as a second set of eyes, as I have so far been checking my work with modest success. However, I've been told that an editor could be of great assistance, so here I am.

I've been writing a chronological series of stories, not strictly in chapters but more as stand-alone episodes, from the perspective of a high school senior. It's essentially the exploits of a group of students who are experimenting with their sexuality. I've configured the series to have combinations of whatever scenarios I feel like putting together. It leans lesbian, mostly because of the primary character, but it also involves straight, gay, and group sex involving the members of the group. I'm not interested in incest/BDSM/abuse or anything of that nature; it's mostly a light-hearted series where the characters are having fun. There's some light romance and emotion to it as well, because I can't help myself.

The primary issue is that my entries tend to be on the long side. I've had a few entries that ran over 20 pages, and most of that was exposition, dialogue, and other background information that I felt was necessary to flesh out the world and set up arcs for later additions. I feel that it makes the action that much better, plus sometimes I just like to write scenes that, though they eventually lead to sex, have no sex in them. My worry is that a volunteer editor wouldn't have the time or energy to edit entries of that length. When I get inspired my keyboard tends to fly, and as it stands I am sitting on two entries that I have yet to publish in addition to the dozen I have published already. I have many more stories in the back of my head that I am working towards, so it is kind of a long-term project. It's mostly for my own enjoyment; I just want to produce the types of stories that I would want to read.

The editor I'm looking for is one who likes the build-up and the story, and though they can catch any errors I may have missed myself, could also potentially suggest any plot fixes or ideas. There may be some logistical issues as well, like did I dare describe an outfit that a teenage girl wouldn't be caught dead in? Or did I mix up the location of a real-world place? That sort of thing. I prefer a female editor, mostly to keep the inner monologue consistent for the main character, though considering I have male bisexual characters it could be prudent to have that represented. But primarily I would want someone who would be interested in exploring where I'm going with this series, because there's more to come.

Sorry if I got wordy. Like I said, when the keyboard is tapping, my brain is a-yapping.

Suggestion: perhaps you can find several editors, each maybe doing a chapter or two.

Really all they'd be looking for is spelling or grammar errors and not really trying to change it, so they could just sort of breeze through it.

Back