What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have some smiles today.

A two hour meeting this morning, with someone who knows business, who says that I have something worth doing. And she wants to help.

And then figuring out how to safely bring my chemo-undergoing girlfriend to her first orgasm since her whole ordeal started. Engineering is love. :heart:

Introducing one friend to another for a project that will benefit both of them.

A two hour meeting this morning, with someone who knows business, who says that I have something worth doing. And she wants to help.

And then figuring out how to safely bring my chemo-undergoing girlfriend to her first orgasm since her whole ordeal started. Engineering is love. :heart:

Here's to productive projects of all kinds!

I drove along a heart-catching hillway
the afternoon achingly Autumn perfect.
I passed a venerable gas station
1920s born
And slowed.
I smiled.
Its porte-cochere was a trellis
sheltering kudzu instead of cars
Mediterranean-revival tiles
Shifting but not crumbling.
Cracked glass eyes refusing to repose.
How many journeys were launched here?
How many ruined
Or saved from ruin?
How many arguments
Sandwiches and pulp novels
Hungry nervous anticipation
Satisfied regret
Semen drying on the hem of a black skirt
While the attendant fueled the Model A...
What thoughts while the lover
Bought two ice-covered nickel Coca-Colas
Carrying them both, deftly
In the interlocking fingers of one hand
For the long Indian summer drive back
To the dusty alley
With the brand new garage.

Last edited:
a young teen age couple looking at the condoms in walmart and discussing how to choose what to get. I over heard them talking about the fella's parents being out of town for some time and how they were going to spend it, and it sounded like she was pressuring him for sex. *giggles*

Walking down the book isle at Target and seeing 50 Shades flanked by another series that sounds similar and Ann Rice's "Beauty" trilogy. I guess this is the horny house wife section.
:rolleyes:

a young teen age couple looking at the condoms in walmart and discussing how to choose what to get. I over heard them talking about the fella's parents being out of town for some time and how they were going to spend it, and it sounded like she was pressuring him for sex. *giggles*

I found out recently that the reason my cousin and his wife got married so quickly is because HE wouldn't put out until they were married. Cracked me up. Talk about role reversal.

I found out recently that the reason my cousin and his wife got married so quickly is because HE wouldn't put out until they were married. Cracked me up. Talk about role reversal.

They ended up walking away with nothing and him saying, "I just want it to be right"

*giggles* So sounds like the same thing.

I drove along a heart-catching hillway
the afternoon achingly Autumn perfect.
I passed a venerable gas station
1920s born
And slowed.
I smiled.
Its porte-cochere was a trellis
sheltering kudzu instead of cars
Mediterranean-revival tiles
Shifting but not crumbling.
Cracked glass eyes refusing to repose.
How many journeys were launched here?
How many ruined
Or saved from ruin?
How many arguments
Sandwiches and pulp novels
Hungry nervous anticipation
Satisfied regret
Semen drying on the hem of a black skirt
While the attendant fueled the Model A...
What thoughts while the lover
Bought two ice-covered nickel Coca-Colas
Carrying them both, deftly
In the interlocking fingers of one hand
For the long Indian summer drive back
To the dusty alley
With the brand new garage.

Beautiful. :rose:

Been texting/emailing some one new over the weekend. This morning he asks about my psych exam and I tell him that I got a 40/50, and I'm not thrilled about that, but that it's probably better than I should expect considering I didn't read any of the chapters nor did I bother to fetch my notes to look up the answers I was unsure of, and that I'd probably do even better in school if I really applied myself.

He laughed, said "bad wenchie" and then threatens to spank me. :eek:

I told him it was too early for me to comment on that. *giggles* This might be a live one!:D

Some good news in the form of a phone call from my daddy. I'm not going to say anything more for fear that I might jinx it! :D

Thanks. It was a nice afternoon, with that kind of magical golden light you only experience on a clear autumn day. :)

I had a glimpse of that light myself today ~ so totally grateful that I was there.
:rose:

Some good news in the form of a phone call from my daddy. I'm not going to say anything more for fear that I might jinx it! :D

Double-No-Jinx-Vibes coming at ya', Bunny!!
:heart:

"I didn't see Hardcore Handjobs Vol.3, and I just don't wanna be lost..." :)

Beautiful. :rose:

DGE thanks C_in_C. :rose:

I had a glimpse of that light myself today ~ so totally grateful that I was there.
:rose:

I saw fairies, angels, vampires, and the Field of Dreams guys all stride out of a field as I was forwarding my playlist. When I looked back, they were just kids playing, and I nearly missed them. Pretty fucking awesome.

My first 9 page essay, signed. sealed. and delivered. :D

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Knew you'd kick academic ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back