I am Music

Youtube won't let me listen to your link, so I went looking but I don't think what I found is an original. Dylan has never really been my thing particularly (sorry!) but I just happen to like the one I posted :)

Oh well. If you ever decide to explore his music more, try the Nashville Skyline album. It's more of a country sound and I bet you'd like it. :kiss:

Today is eagleyez's birthday. As many of you know we met on this forum in 2003. We read each other's poems in the Twelve Bar Blues thread (which is active still), and started talking about poetry and music. It was like meeting the missing half of each other: an experience I never thought would happen to me. I am so blessed to have had him in my life.

https://youtu.be/Ys22VBr1E3Q

Today is eagleyez's birthday. As many of you know we met on this forum in 2003. We read each other's poems in the Twelve Bar Blues thread (which is active still), and started talking about poetry and music. It was like meeting the missing half of each other: an experience I never thought would happen to me. I am so blessed to have had him in my life.

https://youtu.be/Ys22VBr1E3Q

My thoughts with you my sweetest sister :heart:

Last edited:
And now for something more than a little different:-

The first part, very quiet and low.
Second the build up, (very sad).
Third - after about 3.30 to 4.00+ involves an angel.
Finally the ending - but only after 'not the ending.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLEQzfqO_l0

And the pianist wrote both the song and the music.

It may or may not be your genre but what a talent!

If you like folk rock and the music that came from Laurel Canyon in the mid to late 60s, watch this love letter of a documentary. I've linked the trailer but the film is currently available on Netflix.

Leoard Cohen 1934 - 2016

November 7 is the anniversary of his death. Before he died he asked his son Adam to pick out songs he had worked on and had never finished and complete them. This one of them, as yet unreleased.

What happens to the heart?

Last edited:
If you like folk rock and the music that came from Laurel Canyon in the mid to late 60s, watch this love letter of a documentary. I've linked the trailer but the film is currently available on Netflix.
You know, Ms. A., that this music is right in my sweet spot. I grew up on this (Buffalo Springfield Again was my favorite 1967 Christmas present--I was 14 at the time).

In the vein of obscure 60's tunes originating in Los Angeles, let me offer this one: Follow Me by the duo of lyme & cybelle (a/k/a the very young Warren Zevon and Violet Santangelo (a/k/a Laura Kenyon)).

The song reminds me a bit of some of the tracks on the Jefferson Airplane's Surrealistic Pillow.

I don't subscribe to Netflix, but placed a hold on the DVD at my library. I am currently 237th in line. :rolleyes:

You know, Ms. A., that this music is right in my sweet spot. I grew up on this (Buffalo Springfield Again was my favorite 1967 Christmas present--I was 14 at the time).

In the vein of obscure 60's tunes originating in Los Angeles, let me offer this one: Follow Me by the duo of lyme & cybelle (a/k/a the very young Warren Zevon and Violet Santangelo (a/k/a Laura Kenyon)).

The song reminds me a bit of some of the tracks on the Jefferson Airplane's Surrealistic Pillow.

I don't subscribe to Netflix, but placed a hold on the DVD at my library. I am currently 237th in line. :rolleyes:

I kind of wrote that post knowing it would appeal to you. I know we share a love of that music.

I see why Follow Me reminds you of Surrealistic Pillow (one of my all-time favorite albums). Both have that sound that I associate with 1966-1967 where there was a flowering of music that seemed balanced between folk rock and psychedelia.

Sorry you'll have to wait so long, but I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. It's a delightful blast from the past. :rose:

Bob Dylan turned 80 today. Woah.

My very favorite Dylan song is Never Say Goodbye, from the Planet Waves album. Unfortunately only covers are on YouTube. Alas.

I also really, really love Visions of Johanna and the whole Nashville Skyline album.

When I met eagleyez he had a small black-and-white postcard of Dylan tucked in a mirror. He was a big fan and loved Buckets of Rain from Blood on the Tracks (among many others).

Post a favorite of yours if you have one. :rose:

Back