Looking for editor

closeads

Virgin
Hi! It's my first time writing erotica and I'm not so confident with my writing skills and am looking for someone to help me. It'll be a long series (that I dont know how long it'll last) that covers different aspect of fetishes/genres. The story will be made up of multiple short stories slightly independent of each other, with plot recaps.

The general story:
The whole series will cover cross-dressing, sex toys and lots of sexy toys, maybe lesbian sex, mostly femdom but the story will be "Non Consent on a consent" (character forced to do things they agreed to even slightly reluctant. There will be sci-fi, but the setting's in the modern world.

First chapter:
First chapter is drafted! First chapter puts a focus on character development and has no sex, I aim to develop a strong image of the main character in the reader's eyes before actually moving on to the main plot.

Hi Closeads,

I hope you found an editor. I saw your thread on the AH about being a new erotica writer. I didn't see much of a problem as far as your writing goes on the thread. It wasn't too much different than a lot of other comments, so it's hard to judge from your comments what kind of writer you are.

I just wanted to make a suggestion. When writing a story, especially erotica, try not to jump into multiple themes in one story. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's a lot to bite off for a new writer. This is where the issue of what category the story would fit best in comes in. As a reader, there's just a few themes I like, and more themes that I don't like. When I find a story in a category I like, and then the story goes into other themes I don't like, I stop reading. It would be nice if some day Lit had genre categories, then sex themes for writers to choose when submitting a story, or even the ability to choose more than one category. Until that day comes, finding a good story on Lit will be a crap shoot for most readers.

Good luck with writing!

Back