The Official Author's Hangout 2015 Valentine's Day Contest Support Thread

question for you experienced sorts: I've been working out a story plot for a potential VDay contest submission that involves the man encouraging his female partner into a sexual situation with another man, then gets royally pissed off at her. Some violence ensues but it is all eventually resolved happily. LW doesn't seem quite appropriate - she didn't initiate - but what might be a good category? Neither non-consent nor romance seem quite right, though both will be involved. So...advice? It will not be humor, SF, horror, or gay male is all I know for sure.

Helpful inputs appreciated.

Does it end up in a threesome eventually? Maybe group sex?

Depending on what is involved in the "encouraged" her to do it, it might fit in Mind Control.

question for you experienced sorts: I've been working out a story plot for a potential VDay contest submission that involves the man encouraging his female partner into a sexual situation with another man, then gets royally pissed off at her. Some violence ensues but it is all eventually resolved happily. LW doesn't seem quite appropriate - she didn't initiate - but what might be a good category? Neither non-consent nor romance seem quite right, though both will be involved. So...advice? It will not be humor, SF, horror, or gay male is all I know for sure.

Erotic Couplings is often the catch-all category for stories that don't seem to fit anywhere else.

LW does not require that the woman initiate. I might go with LW and accept the inevitable slings-n-arrows. (Expect: WTF?! HE TOOK THE SLUT BACK?! WHAT A FUCKING WIMP!! ZERO STARS, PUSSY!)

Are the players of different ethnic origins? Then IR might be the place. You could exploit the BBC cliche, or twist expectations by using other ethnicities.

Even if there's a 3-some, I'd skip Group; violence usually isn't welcome there, not unless there's also lots of group action that DOESN'T result in violence.

Romance could work IFF it's actually a romantic tale with lots of courting and the violence is incidental.

Another possible twist: the "other man" turns out to be wifey's brother. Incest trumps, so that's where it goes if they get to 3rd or 4th base.

You have many options all dependent on how you flavor the story.

I'm writing. Having fun. Souls will soon be mating. A long romantic story with eternal love in a category no one reads, it's a lock for a win.

I'm starting to sense some tension between the two of you :D

No, scouries has been the tic under the saddle for years.

He has a visceral hatred for the site and for years has tried to sabotage it.

Many of us want the site to close him down and TX does a good job in warning newbies.

There's no tension.

I sat here thinking about the holidays and how it puts many people in a happier mood. I began thinking about Valentines Day and decided to write a story. Two days later I finished it. I guess I have over a month to get it edited.

I have a caged up plot bunny that I guess is due to be released into the wild. Looks like I will finally break my contest cherry with Valentine's Day.

Now to just get that first paragraph actually written.

Well now that it's 2015 I suppose I should work on developing that plot bunny.

I'll have to try to remember where I filed the one I've already written.

The official announcement is up:

You can begin submitting on (or a little before): January 20
The last day to submit is: February 5 at 11:59EST
Winners will be announced on: February 12

The official announcement is up:

You can begin submitting on (or a little before): January 20
The last day to submit is: February 5 at 11:59EST
Winners will be announced on: February 12

My story is back from the editor and ready to go. I hate waiting to submit. If I didn't have Valentines Day in the title I'd submit now. Maybe I can think up another by then.

Slowly working through this story, got a general idea of where to go with it, just not sure of all the players yet.

I have just finished my first entry, and edited it.

It needs a final check for typos not picked up by spell checking, and then it's ready.

Now for very different story two...

And the story must be posted in that specific window, as stated in the announcement?

Correct.

If you have the story finished it can be submitted a few days early so it will kick off opening morning.

If ya ain't got it finished then ya need to get to work. ;)

Back