What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a really big, sustained storm through the night and most of yesterday. Serious, roof rattling thunder, big forks of lightning, very dramatic stuff. The twins laughed at this.

Not literally, of course. They're a little young for that, but they didn't cry. They did look surprised and suitably awed, though, which was adorable!

We had a really big, sustained storm through the night and most of yesterday. Serious, roof rattling thunder, big forks of lightning, very dramatic stuff. The twins laughed at this.

Not literally, of course. They're a little young for that, but they didn't cry. They did look surprised and suitably awed, though, which was adorable!

Kids will pick up on their parents for this kind of thing. Granted, if they're afraid of loud noises they'll be afraid of thunder, but if their parents aren't afraid they'll outgrow it when they outgrow their fear of the vacuum cleaner.

BTW - if your children decide to be afraid of the vacuum cleaner, LET THEM. It's way better than having them climb on mid vacuum and beg for a ride.

BTW - if your children decide to be afraid of the vacuum cleaner, LET THEM. It's way better than having them climb on mid vacuum and beg for a ride.

No, that's when you invest in a Roomba.

Oh wait are we talking about children or kittens....

Still. I think vacuum rides sound AWESOME. Why didn't I get vacuum rides. My parents were so mean...

Still. I think vacuum rides sound AWESOME. Why didn't I get vacuum rides. My parents were so mean...

Good to know I'm not the only one comparing (kuro's) kids to cats. :cattail:

Because vacuum cleaners break when they have children on them.

The flowers I bought myself last night. :)

I love me enough.

QFT

My smile for today, being told I look younger and act younger than I did even ten years ago. Best part...realizing it's true, I feel better, lighter on the inside, than I have in years :)

Sounds like we stumbled upon an interesting business idea.

I'll be honest, here: I would pay so much money for a vacuum with a saddle.

Good to know I'm not the only one comparing (kuro's) kids to cats.

Listen... the minute my kid coughs up a hairball, I'll call you, okay? ;)

My smile for today? Getting to sit down and play music with my wife again, and discovering that, so long as we keep it down, the daughters don't seem to mind all that much. They actually seem to like it :)

Dear Self,

After a week of serious wheezing, chest pain, coughing, post-nasal drip, and other lovely allergic reactions, you sound like a 90-year-old. However, attempting to redneck things up doesn't always work.

For example, "Well, if honey is good for a raw throat, pancake syrup oughta work, too," was a MASSIVE fail.

Remember this next time you decide that you can fix *anything*.

~Teh Bunneh
That ^^^ had me wheezing with laughter! Thank you, Bunny!

I imagine those big ol' round wet/dry vacuums that some janitors use and we use in surgery prep could handle a small kid on top of them.

Probably, but they don't do as good a job vacuuming because they don't have a beater-bar.

Probably, but they don't do as good a job vacuuming because they don't have a beater-bar.

I suppose. still. I'm pretty sure my parents' vacuum could carry a small toddler without problems. They have one of the ones where it's got the small squat body to the long tube that goes to the stick and the head, and the main head attachment DOES have a beater bar.

Coming back to Lit after 3 years and...
Seeing "the marks of the slave" thread on the first page of this board.
Being greeted (again) by Furry :rose:
Finding some lovely unread messages in my mailbox.

:)

Sometimes your best friends are the ones you raise...love my girls and am so proud of the wonderful adults they've become. Two of the nicest people I'm proud to call my friends.

The local adult toy shop's ad on the radio with the tag line "Once you've come, you'll come again" as they were advertising a 'deal of the week' to purchase a $50.00 gift certificate for $25.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back