What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS - I didn't appeal to him as an authority, I asked you what you thought of what he is saying. You attack me instead of answering any questions which leads all of us to believe tat you don't really "like" the answers, but you've stepped into a out-foxed trap and are snarling at any and all attempts to catch and release you...

Like Obama painted himself into the Afghanni corner.

Unlike "Conservatives", who will mindlessly follow the party line in perpetuity. ;)

Our party line is time tested from the Bronze age through Federalist and right up to the Altruistic Statist disaster we see unfolding before out very eyes.

It fails every time, and when it fails, the champions, like Krugman, always fall into the same defensive posture, as he does now, too little, too late.

;) ;)
They become apt to take because they wish to spend and cannot do this easily; for their possessions soon run short. Thus they are forced to provide means from some other source. At the same time, because they care nothing for honor, they take recklessly and from any source.
Aristotle

The want of confidence in the public councils damps every useful undertaking, the success and profit of which may depend on a continuance of existing arrangements. What prudent merchant will hazard his fortunes in any new branch of commerce when he knows not but that his plans may be rendered unlawful before they can be executed? What farmer or manufacturer will lay himself out for the encouragement given to any particular cultivation or establishment, when he can have no assurance that his preparatory labors and advances will not render him a victim to an inconstant government?
Madison, Federalist 62.

"Little else is requisite to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice: all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things."
Adam Smith

"Society has for its element man, who is a free agent; and since man is free, he may choose -- since he may choose, he may be mistaken -- since he may be mistaken, he may suffer....
I have faith in the wisdom of the laws of Providence, and for the same reason I have faith in liberty."

Frederic Bastiat

PS - I didn't appeal to him as an authority, I asked you what you thought of what he is saying. You attack me instead of answering any questions which leads all of us to believe tat you don't really "like" the answers, but you've stepped into a out-foxed trap and are snarling at any and all attempts to catch and release you...

Like Obama painted himself into the Afghanni corner.

Of course you didn't make an appeal to authority Cap'n. :rolleyes:

So you don't agree with his assertion that there will be a third depression then?

You're busily seizing on any bad news you can find, so long as it serves your purpose, but I'm the one snarling? :cool:

We're better off than we were a year ago, leaps and bounds better than we could have been had nothing been done. Your opinion not withstanding of course.

No, I've been saying that according to the economists I believe are right, that we will have a double-dip recession because this governmental behavior has been engaged in before by FDR and Japan.

Okay HOW are we better off? I mean, that's a nice, hopeful opinion you have there, but that's about all you have because if you look around nothing has improved or grown in all this time other than the debt.

Does debt no longer matter, I mean, as it did under Bush?

Keep in mind, that unlike many liberals whose opinions change with administrations, we "evil conservatives," were adamantly opposed to the Bush-Pelosi stimulus package....

You still are avoiding the question: Channeling Kagan?

What do you think of what he is saying?

You are not very well informed. It's the liberal who follows the party line. That's why you abandoned Krugman.

Yes, Liberals following the party line is why Health Care Reform passed Congress two months after President Obama was inaugurated.

Oh wait........

No it's not. The FairTax is a Liberation replacement for Progressive taxation.

It's present form includes the repeal of the 14th.

I know there's never going to be a FairTax; I know that's reality.

Speakin' of "reality", are you finally willing to admit that 130% of one dollar is $1.30?

Or are still clingin' to your PatriotMath belief that 130% of one dollar is 77 cents?

Hmmmmmm?

No, I've been saying that according to the economists I believe are right, that we will have a double-dip recession because this governmental behavior has been engaged in before by FDR and Japan.

Okay HOW are we better off? I mean, that's a nice, hopeful opinion you have there, but that's about all you have because if you look around nothing has improved or grown in all this time other than the debt.

Does debt no longer matter, I mean, as it did under Bush?

Keep in mind, that unlike many liberals whose opinions change with administrations, we "evil conservatives," were adamantly opposed to the Bush-Pelosi stimulus package....

You still are avoiding the question: Channeling Kagan?
What do you think of what he is saying?

"According to the economists I believe are right".. *laugh*

How are we better off?
Let's see, economy contracting at a rate of -6% vs. one that's expanding at just under 3%. Just for starters..

On a more personal note. Our business has picked up by over 40% in the last 8 months. That business being conventions, which don't happen if the economy were in the dire straights you keep hoping for.

You "evil conservatives" were SO opposed to the Bush Stimulus that it passed the Senate 81-16 and the House 380-34. So now you're trying to tell us that the Congress has a combined count of 50 "conservatives"? :rolleyes:

I'm not avoiding anything Cap'n. I've already answered your question but I'll do do again just to humor you.

Krugman is wrong.

You are not very well informed. It's the liberal who follows the party line. That's why you abandoned Krugman.

I abandoned Krugman? That would imply that I backed him at all, which would be your erroneous assumption.

But you see, Krugman feels safe in "abandoning the party line". This is exactly what differentiates Democrats from Republicans. Krugman hasn't been abandoned, vilified, or ostracized for his opinions. Differences of opinion are allowed in the Democratic Party unlike with the Republicans who eat their young (RINOs, Traitors, Communists!) at the drop of a hat.

Hell a conservative dare not contradict Rush Limbaugh openly without backtracking and apologizing within days, sometimes hours (Yup, I'm lookin' at you Michael Steele). :rolleyes:

Keep hoping for economic failure Little Bear. You are one of the usual suspects I was talking about.

Now we just need a triumphant blast from the Cap'n, maybe you'll get a pat on the head as well.

Hey stupid, if the economy is recovering why are the States falling deeper and deeper into debt.

Hey stupid, if the economy is recovering why are the States falling deeper and deeper into debt.

*crickets*

Because the recession is getting deeper. The Market is being held together with your tax dollars, so keep betting on it. *insert UD rolleyes*

LOL_WHUT_by_snookie_pudge.jpg

Get back out by the driveway fool.

Get back to the Playground, fool. You bitching and whining about the economy while not doing a damn thing to help is part of the problem. Especially considering you live off of the government you so despise.

Get back to the Playground, fool. You bitching and whining about the economy while not doing a damn thing to help is part of the problem. Especially considering you live off of the government you so despise.

Uhmmm, Lukey, What is your contribution to helping the economy?

Lemmee think now, OH, YEAH, you're educated and you own a small business, that's growing by the day.

Thoughts from Sir Walter Scott (1771–1832).

" O, what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!..."

Lemmee think now, OH, YEAH, you're educated and you own a small business, that's growing by the day.

irony.jpg

Um, yeah.

And your quote is lame as it doesn't apply to anything.

He's an admitted drug dealer, a real pillar of society.

I'm like a regular Tony Montana. Fuck, you're an idiot.

He's an admitted drug dealer, a real pillar of society.

You have to admit it is funny to watch him run around the board trying to get attention, but all most people see of his posts are this:

Luke_Atmydik
This message is hidden because Luke_Atmydik is on your ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back