What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boyf has found a really nice, affordable flat in the uni town for us to rent that accepts dogs, has a small yard for my dog (night-time weewees), is 100 yards from vast open expanses of off-lead dog-walking, and is only 20 mins from uni (so can pop home for v quick dog walk if only have an hour between classes) :D:D:D

Now all I need is for my application for the MA to be accepted LOL.
 
I'm 28, and today when I went to buy a bottle of wine, I got carded. The legal age to buy alcohol here is 18. Soooo... I still look under 18?

I also bought new glasses today. I did't get carded for that.

ETA: I just remembered, that I got carded last summer as well in the same booze store. That's also the last time I've had to show ID anywhere, except at the airport. Strange.
I don't know what the laws (and law enforcement) are like where you are, but in the States, a lot of stores that sell alcoholic beverages (legal age, 21) and/or tobacco (legal age, 18) have signs up that say something like: "If you look under (30, 35, 40, 45), please have your ID ready." *I* haven't been carded in longer than you've been alive. <sigh>
 
Receiving his instructions for when I pick him up at the airport on Friday, and the promise there will be plenty of making up for lost time to be had in the hotel he has booked for us for the weekend.::devil:

Catalina:rose:
 
My little dog bunny-hopping from the mown path into some head-height (for her) long grass... and landing in an unseen, deepish rabbit hole. "Surprised and undignified dog" face is priceless :D
 
Fantastic news: my book, with is now an ebook sold 100 copies! I earned 3 cents per copy.

40283_L.jpg


You can find on Amazon.com or Barn and Noble.
 
My little dog bunny-hopping from the mown path into some head-height (for her) long grass... and landing in an unseen, deepish rabbit hole. "Surprised and undignified dog" face is priceless :D
Yesterday evening, our Corgi sniffed at the 5-inch diameter hole where a fencepost had been (we took the fence down), then went to walk on and promptly stepped in the hole and face-planted into the grass. I'd never realized just how embarrassed a dog can look when they can't even blush.
 
I added an SAQ page on my blog. (Seldom Asked Questions). Here it is (very long, sorry)...



SAQ’s (Seldom Asked Questions)

Q: We all know now that the moon is not made of green cheese, (thanks to NASA for that), but if you could choose for the moon to be made of an edible product, what would it be.

A: Easy: cotton candy. That way if aliens or a super villain ever blew it up, well, come on…it’s cotton candy. What’s it gonna do? Make the earth sticky and sweet? Oooooh, I’m so scared!

Q: What is your dream pet?

A: I have always wanted to have my own yellowtail. That’s a large fish. I would take him/her for walks by placing him/her in a tank and wheeling him/her around town in a red wagon. I also had a dream once that I owned a miniature hippopotamus. I named him Hiedrich and taught him to swim in a deep puddle. He was surprisingly cuddly for a hippo.

Q: If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only have one book, what would it be?

A: Believe it or not, I have only been asked this question once in my life and the answer has not changed. One book? The SAS Survival Handbook. I am on a deserted island after all; survival is key. Can War and Peace teach me how to extract water from the eyeballs of a fish? I think not. Keep walking Tolstoy.

Q: How many people read this blog?


A: Less than a million. I don’t have the exact figures on hand.

Q: Why don’t you like watching other people trim their fingernails or toenails?

A: *shudders* Next question please.

Q: Of all the places you’ve lived in the world, which one had the best taxi service?

A: I have to say that Golfito, Costa Rica had the best and most efficient taxi service. You stand on the road and hold up fingers to indicate the number of people in your party. If the driver has room, he stops. If not, he makes a circle of his thumb and forefinger and drives on. You never get a taxi to yourself but you never have to wait long for one either. One time we bought this large, frozen yellowfin tuna from these guys who were walking down the road. Prez spotted the tuna and said, “Hey, let’s ask them if they’ll sell it!” So he did, and they did, for $20. But it was frozen and really, really heavy and Costa Rica was so hot it was like living in Kirstie Alley’s armpit before she joined Jenny Craig and lost all that weight, so we didn’t want to walk home with it. We flagged down a taxi for the two of us, but maybe we should have held up three fingers because the fish was quite large and even though we held it on our laps it kind of stuck out over the lap of the other passenger. But he was probably used to that sort of thing.

Q: Is there a disaster movie that hasn’t been made that you would like to see…in 3D?

A: Oh Cod yes! I think we’re long overdue for a movie about the collision of two luxury blimps.

Q: If you hadn’t grown up to be a vet assistant/stunt person/resort manager/handyman’s helper/web designer/writer, what would you have liked to be?

A: I’ve always wanted to be Han Solo. Is that a job?
 
I don't know what the laws (and law enforcement) are like where you are, but in the States, a lot of stores that sell alcoholic beverages (legal age, 21) and/or tobacco (legal age, 18) have signs up that say something like: "If you look under (30, 35, 40, 45), please have your ID ready." *I* haven't been carded in longer than you've been alive. <sigh>

I checked their policy for checking ID. Apparently I look under 23, not under 18. I still think it's weird they only card me in this store. Maybe they're more strict there, although, as our booze stores are a state owned monopoly, I'd expect the policy to be the same everywhere. They must have a special lighting there that makes me look super young!

At least for once I was lucky enough to have ID on me, as usually I don't have my wallet with me when I go somewhere, and that's where my ID lives in. Anyways, I'm not complaining. :)

And what made me smile today:

I had a nightmare last night, was probably shaking and just generally fussing about. He sort of woke up to it before I did, inched himself right next to me, put his arm around me (which is what woke me up) and mumbled half asleep that he'll protect me. Major awwwww moment in the middle of the night, there.
 
Oldie But Goodie

Seeing an hysterically funny rerun of Everybody Loves Raymond. T he episode 'Marie's Sculpture' where Marie gifts Ray and Deborah her first sculpture which unconsciously resembles a vagina....and the fun begins
 
Stretching out some pretty sore muscles along with a really deep breath and celebrating the growth it is a symptom of. Yay me. :D
 
We went to Costco today. Walked in and just past the ginormous TV's was a huge table offering all three of the 50 Shades books. I just grinned and giggled, and told Master that we should come back dressed in our 'playclothes' and hand out cards for our local club. Talk about a perfect opportunity for a membership drive! :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top