Interesting stat

Today 294 new user id's were created, so far.

Well the Halloween contest is starting in a couple weeks, gotta get those alts ready to vote.

A stat I would love to see is the immediate activity of the new users....as in how many favored the same author/authors.

Well the Halloween contest is starting in a couple weeks, gotta get those alts ready to vote.

A stat I would love to see is the immediate activity of the new users....as in how many favored the same author/authors.

It's there. Several already had post in the forums.

http://forum.literotica.com/memberlist.php click here, then sort by date, you will then have click the little down arrow to get them from today back.

So to get this many posts in 11 years, do you just live in front of your computer?

Number of Posts: 227,935

That's 20,721 posts a year. Although that's only 56 posts a day...every day...for eleven years.

So to get this many posts in 11 years, do you just live in front of your computer?

Number of Posts: 227,935

That's 20,721 posts a year. Although that's only 56 posts a day...every day...for eleven years.

That's someone who either doesn't work, or is online all day. That's crazy.

I feel like I have no life when I see I have 24k in 6 years

I thought mine was a lot.

Total Posts: 46,212 (14.44 posts per day)

Literotica was founded in 1998, per Wikipedia. Not sure how old the forums are. That link says we have 1,482,883 users. If 294 join a day, that's almost 14 years worth of users. You'd have to see whether today's number of users is statistically significant. However, let's say the forums are 17 years old. You'd need 238 new users a day to hit that, on average. Unfortunately, you'd need the sample standard deviation to find your p-level, which I doubt anyone can be bothered to determine, but that doesn't sound like an especially high number to me.

Literotica was founded in 1998, per Wikipedia. Not sure how old the forums are. That link says we have 1,482,883 users. If 294 join a day, that's almost 14 years worth of users. You'd have to see whether today's number of users is statistically significant. However, let's say the forums are 17 years old. You'd need 238 new users a day to hit that, on average. Unfortunately, you'd need the sample standard deviation to find your p-level, which I doubt anyone can be bothered to determine, but that doesn't sound like an especially high number to me.

I just had to help my kid with 5th grade math. Non-traditional division methods. There are way too many numbers in your post for me to be able to understand it.

If I remember correctly, this version of the forums came out a little while after i arrived.

Is that a high number, for a day?

Yesterday, we had 510 new users register.

We've had over 400 new users a day for the last 2 weeks (as far as my stats go back).

Most, of course, are registrations on the main site, and also the chat (which is now integrated with the site membership).

Crazy! :rose:

Literotica was founded in 1998, per Wikipedia. Not sure how old the forums are.

Laurel's join date is Aug 1999. She's userID 7. There were forums prior to that, but everything was reset when they shifted to vBulletin software so there's no record of post counts or join dates earlier than that.

Laurel's join date is Aug 1999. She's userID 7. There were forums prior to that, but everything was reset when they shifted to vBulletin software so there's no record of post counts or join dates earlier than that.

What I was referring to earlier was when we got this newer version of V-bulletin. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Yesterday, we had 510 new users register.

We've had over 400 new users a day for the last 2 weeks (as far as my stats go back).

Most, of course, are registrations on the main site, and also the chat (which is now integrated with the site membership).

Crazy! :rose:

There you go screwing up another perfectly good conspiracy theory. :D

FWIW, all of the old author records were ported into the combined database on Aug 16, 2000. The vBulletin version of the forums went active shortly thereafter.

It's there. Several already had post in the forums.

http://forum.literotica.com/memberlist.php click here, then sort by date, you will then have click the little down arrow to get them from today back.

Please forgive my ignorance (Databases are a foggy area for me), "sort by date" ?
Please tell me how; I cannot find a button marked "sort".

PS. I know, I'm the one who said "where's the 'any' key?"

The header label is a link to sort on that column. Click "Join Date" and the list will reorder oldest to newest with an arrow Icon next to the header. Click on the arrow to reverse the sort order. (Either end has a lot (500-1,000 or so) of posters with basically no info

Click on the header for post count to sort most-to-least and click the arrow icon for least-to-most (not terribly useful because there are about a half-million userIDs with no posts.)

There you go screwing up another perfectly good conspiracy theory. :D

Except if scouries was mentioned then all theories hold water:rolleyes:

Like when its mentioned he has not posted a story here in a long time but continues to be faved....

There are a few authors in the top twenty who have had no new releases in a long time but keep getting favs.

Fact is being high up on that list alone will get you continued attention

But only scouries is ever questioned.

This. And despite the Eternal September phenomenon, I'm willing to bet that the start of college in the states drives Lit's membership up faster than other times. So I don't think there's any surprises here.

And now...

How did he get this Join Date?

boyo22 Virgin 12-31-1969 0

There are quite a few of these dates in the DB.

There 798,314 users with this join date??!!!???? :confused:

Last edited:
Today 294 new user id's were created, so far.

And now the database shows only 6 new id's were created yesterday??!!??!!!:confused:

Well, no. The original link - http://forum.literotica.com/memberlist.php - produces a different page from the # symbol link on the page. (Manu - note)

These two links produce different results - I believe they should show the same results. - Maybe not, but the second doesn't show all the entries in the database.

http://forum.literotica.com/memberlist.php

http://forum.literotica.com/memberlist.php?ltr=#&pp=30&sort=joindate&order=desc

Last edited:
And now...

How did he get this Join Date?

boyo22 Virgin 12-31-1969 0

There are quite a few of these dates in the DB.

There 798,314 users with this join date??!!!???? :confused:

That's a known database issue. It was explained to me once, but I forgot the explanation. Something technical, when we moved to a new database or something. :)

Sorry! It's actually an alien troll bot army imported from 1969 via time machine for the express purpose of voting in special contests.

:p :rose:

Back