Author seeking editor list?

Voicee

Virgin
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Posts
8
Volunteers are here to help by volunteering. But they only volunteer if they want to do it.

It seems that many editors are either too busy, too lazy or unconcerned about authors seeking editors to even send a reply. Just like editor's list, there should be list of people seeking editors.
Not only that, but there are editors seeking to edit but can't, can find one this way. It has many advantages.

1. Those editors willing to edit can choose the story they like. Thus not only increasing probability of better communication, but also common interest is assured of.

2. The rate at which story are selected can tell how many and which editor(s) are actually active.

3. Probability that editor decides to edit also increases.

4. Authors will need to write brief description about their story or at least tags every time they need an editor. Thus assuring active participation by authors.

5. Editors waiting for an author to choose him/her will no longer have to wait for a story of their interest.

In short, this way a two way communication is assured rather than one way (author to editor).
Author seeking an editor, will always post a request. Editor seeking to edit will always accept.

It filters inactive editors and authors.
 
Oh it will also decrease load of new threads

I'm not convinced having one sticky for stories seeking editors would work better than each story having its own thread. Probably worth a shot, though. So, is this the thread? What info should an author post here if they're looking for an editor?
 
I think it can be similar to that format of submitting a story. Probably the text box can be filled for just a small description. If only tags and a part of description is shown in the list. Authors will need to write something interesting yet not much revealing in as little words as possible.

As for decreasing load. It's based on assumption that people reply back in threads and not in pm/email, including those who don't want to edit.

Normally,1) an author asks editor, 2) then editor obliges and 3) then story is emailed. Total 3 emails.

with new list, 1) editors will ask author and 2) author may decide whether he wants to send his story or not. Total 2 emails. Author may also have an increased choice in total editors willing to edit and not just the list.

Both editors and authors get to decide their person. Just as authors will receive multiple choices, editors can ask multiple authors as well.
 
Since the Web site is ignoring the problems with the VE listing system, the users have provided what is probably the closest to your list idea that's going to happen. There's a sticky thread noting what editors are available for that particular month: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1265968. Authors can ask directly on this forum as well for the specific help they are seeking.
 
Back
Top