What pissed you off today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For every ASPCA ad there are several of the same kind of ads for children's organizations. I know, I'm nocturnal. But to say hungry/abused kids must all be served before animals is just gross. I think I like animals more than humans anyway.
I'm just disgusted with the commercials. Like I said, they know just what sad faces of the animals to show. Those commercials make me sad. I know the commercials are geared to get people to donate money, and I'm sure they work, but I'm also nocturnal and just don't like seeing those commercials. Sometimes they're run over and over and while I'm sure they're effective, I switch the channel every time I see one come on.

The ones that show the children are equally disturbing, and I know they are also geared towards donations, but for some reason, the ones that show mistreated animals bother me more.
 
It's a couple of reasonably straightforward statements, yes.
LOL, it seems each post is more telling about you. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to post about this any more. We've hogged these threads long enough. Do yourself a favor and stop posting, too.
 
LOL, it seems each post is more telling about you. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to post about this any more. We've hogged these threads long enough. Do yourself a favor and stop posting, too.
I'm so curious as to what you are reading into such flat statements.
 
For every ASPCA ad there are several of the same kind of ads for children's organizations. I know, I'm nocturnal. But to say hungry/abused kids must all be served before animals is just gross. I think I like animals more than humans anyway.

Not that I think it's a zero-sum game, or that emotional blackmail isn't bullshit no matter what it's selling, or that throwing a few dollars at a hungry kid charity isn't almost always some empty feel-good gesture that allows folks to say they helped someone without needing to know a lick about the politics that put them there in the first place, but what you basically said is that the life of a human being is worth just as much as a dog's.

That's pretty cool! Especially considering that a dog has no concept of "I", but, yannow, details.

Who are some of your favorite dog musicians? Or cat human rights activists? That's just a whole world that I'm unfamiliar with, I'm afraid.
 
Last edited:
The updated guest list for the obligated family party. Rare is the human that makes me grind my teeth and stir the aggressive in my passive, but they do exist. And one of them is confirmed and bringing her other BFF. I may be bringing wine as my "fruit dish" for the buffet. :/

And don't forget that wine can be purchased by the barrel if need be. This was my go-to defense at all in-law gatherings for years.
 
At the request of some friends...


Go ahead...tell us what pissed you off...
religion and politics.

Stalin said that religion was created to calm the masses. What are protestants?? Jesus was a Jew; what's the difference? Too much death of innocent people and destruction for there to be God.

Politics sux! It's the same bull--it every 2 and 4 years. Why is everyone afraid of a third party??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top