The Mansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkWarrioress

~ An Amethyst Mist ~
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Posts
24,961
Welcome to my home away from home. I just needed some place to call my own and to brain vomit in once in awhile. If you’re curious, have a look see. I’m still working on it. Guests are welcome. Always. And once you find my Study, which is where all the ideas are stashed as I chew on my pencil, feel free to PM me if anything takes your fancy.


~The Great Room~

From the doorway into a huge wide open airy space. Long, comfy couches situated around the room inviting you to sink in them with a sigh and a desire to put your feet up. They’re tempting. Be tempted.

The walls are painted in earth tones and littered with some art work but not overly done. Each couch sports a coffee table in front of it for setting drinks and food on… and maybe, if adventurous…they have other uses. Don’t worry, the maids clean up thoroughly every night after everyone goes home or to bed.

A fireplace highlights the room, adding to that comfortable feeling. Recessed speakers pipe music throughout the house.


~The Kitchen~

Upon entering the kitchen, there are shiny pots and pans hanging from the ceiling over the island. The island, like the kitchen, is fairly large. There are at least four place settings along one long side of it.

Painted in light greens and white, the kitchen appears as a light, welcoming place to congregate. The counter tops are littered with jars of pasta, cookie jars with tempting treats in them, mostly cookies, but not always. The cabinets are oak with glass doors. Inside are the usual things, dishes, glasses, food stuffs, teas, etc. Feel free to help yourself. Every manner of kitchen gadgets can be found in here since the owner is such a gadget freak. She could even be called compulsive.

~The Study~

Opening these doors, the thing that stands out is the huge desk that seems to dominate the room. Again, another spacious room. From its white ceilings and walls to the oak wainscoting and oak floors, this room seems crisp and invigorating, yet, comfortable. Tall green plants line the walls periodically. Behind the tall black leather chair, companion to the desk, is a long table sitting under a window. On the table sits a computer, fired up and ready to go. This is where all the brain vomit happens. Ideas, things of personal interest, etc.

~The Library~

Here you will find almost every wall lined with shelves from ceiling to floor. All the shelves are filled with books. Any manner of genre can be found in these books and some of them may contain surprises.

Gleaming wood floors of dark oak, a fireplace flanked by two comfortable, leather, wing-backed chairs. The room appears austere, but welcoming.


~Master Bedroom~

Designed around a black and red color scheme, this room is spacious enough to house a hot tub in one corner. The huge four-poster bed is its focal point. Beyond the bed is another set of double doors, glass this time. They open to a private balcony overlooking the back garden. A full length mirror resides on one wall. Another wall houses the door to a private bath with a sunken tub that could easily hold two. Along the same wall is another door that leads to a walk-in closet. On the wall opposite of the bed is a fireplace. The wall-to-wall carpet is plush and inviting to walk barefoot on. These doors are deliberately closed and remain so, unless an invitation has been issued.


There are other rooms. One room houses a pool table, big screen tv and a bar. Upstairs there are plenty of guest rooms and several bathrooms. There’s a wine cellar down below. Out back is a patio with a long table and chairs. Beyond that is a garden of roses and of all things, a high hedged labyrinth. No telling what that holds. ;)
A side patio holds more chairs, tables, umbrellas and just beyond, a swimming pool.


x20860598.jpg
 
Last edited:
The Study

A steaming mug of coffee off to side, the ever present pencil tucked between her lips and a slight frown of concentration mars her forehead as she mulls over a response to a certain thread.
 
A steaming mug of coffee off to side, the ever present pencil tucked between her lips and a slight frown of concentration mars her forehead as she mulls over a response to a certain thread.

Now with that done... time to mull over ideas.
 
The Cellar

The shelves are built into each side of the walls for wines and huge barrels are stacked in various places as well. Keep walking toward the back however and the path stops at a door.

As the door opens, the first thing noticed is that the room is dark, with only flickering sconces on the walls for light. These cast an ominous shadow on the huge object that resides in the middle of the room. It stands upright on its own. Five corresponding ringlets beckon the use of ties, leather, silk, chain even. The possibilities are endless and limited only to your imagination.

"Tell me," comes the soft silky husky whisper from nowhere and everywhere, "what would you do with this implement for your enjoyment?"


pentframe2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Now with that done... time to mull over ideas.

*sighs softly and accepts that for the moment, regretfully, the mulling of ideas will have to wait. To her surprise, notes have been slipped under her door and she feels they need seeing to first.*

Then there is Fr33k and the desire and the need to see to his post as well.

But for now, she needed a drink and hopefully clear her head. Tossing the pencil on the desk, she stood and stretched. The soft sound of her heels could be heard on the wooden flooring as she made her way to the kitchen.
 
*sighs softly and accepts that for the moment, regretfully, the mulling of ideas will have to wait. To her surprise, notes have been slipped under her door and she feels they need seeing to first.*

Then there is Fr33k and the desire and the need to see to his post as well.

But for now, she needed a drink and hopefully clear her head. Tossing the pencil on the desk, she stood and stretched. The soft sound of her heels could be heard on the wooden flooring as she made her way to the kitchen.

Leaning against a counter, she slipped off her sandals and padded barefoot back to her room, opening the door and tossed them in a nearby corner. Closing the door, she took her drink and headed back to the study to write again.
 
Leaning against a counter, she slipped off her sandals and padded barefoot back to her room, opening the door and tossed them in a nearby corner. Closing the door, she took her drink and headed back to the study to write again.

"Well," she gently closed her laptop with gentle fingers and a regret in her eyes, but one that came and went swiftly, "Another day, another time."

Patience, she learned, was a virtue worthwhile.
 
The Study

A nice long hot shower to wash the sweat and sand down the drain, finding shorts and a tee shirt to don. A quick trip to the kitchen to pour a cup of hot steaming coffee, I take a moment to lean against a counter and inhale the delectable aroma of sinful brew.

Things won't get written this way.

A soft sigh, footfall upon cool wood. Personal scent drifting on the air as I go. Opening the door and leaving it open as I make my way to my desk and sit down, leaning back in the chair. I take a few sips of the hot brew, fire up the desk terminal and pull up electronic writing pad and set to tasks I have assigned myself today.
 
The Study- Journal Entry

Usually I am one to leave my characters to develop and I become merely the tool through which they communicate. But once in awhile, the ending to a story comes to me first and the rest must be written around it. Sometimes, I like to set the stage, so to speak and sometimes, I like the mystery of just letting things unfold. I adore the challenge of never knowing what my writing partner is going to write next and then doing my part to help make it all flow. I love having the opportunity to explore the minds of others and getting to know them through role playing. I suppose that’s why I’ve been doing it for years. Each place is different. Requirements, desires, different. It takes a little getting use to. I do try my damnest to conform but sometimes, one-liners or two, say it all. I don’t get upset if my partner does it and I expect the same courtesy. I mean, how much is too much? I’m still looking for that balance. I want to paint the picture but I sure as hell don’t want to bore them to death by droning on and on!
 
The Study- Scribblings of ideas

Sidhe Seer:

I am one of the last of my kind. Fianna Mack is my name. My own mother always said I had been a baby stolen, for all my siblings have red hair and green eyes and I, I am the only one born with raven black hair and emerald eyes.

‘Tis a tradition in my family, becoming a Sidhe Seer that is. Such matters are passed from mother to daughter and since she had but one. How lucky am I, eh?

What is a Sidhe Seer you might well ask? We can see the sidhe. That’s not something to brag about either. The Sidhe are dangerous. The story goes that they are quite beautiful/handsome to look upon and simply ooze sex appeal. To resist one, well, it just isn’t done. If anyone stands the chance of doing so, it would be a Sidhe Seer. The Sidhe enjoy fucking. They have been known to fuck a female/male to death.

You see, Sidhe have no emotions. Fucking, is perhaps, their only way to feel anything. So, they do it, constantly and readily. At first, they make slaves out the mortals they fuck and sometimes, if permission is granted, they’ll take the mortal back to their lands and keep them as sex pets. Can one die of constant orgasms? I’m not willing to find out.

Sidhe Seers have the ability to resist. Though that is a job all on its own. Now aren’t I just lucky? I haven’t run into one yet, which is a good thing. I don’t like temptation. I’m afraid I may give into it.


~~o~~​



Into Fate’s Hands:
---- (Reserved)

I woke realizing my swords were gone, I am a filthy mess and more importantly, I am chained to a rock wall. Yanking on my arms, I heard the chains rattle, saw that they were embedded in the wall behind me. Getting to my feet slowly, a soft groan slips from parched, cracked lips. There’s a sharp pain lancing through my ribs and it burns. Damn. I have a few broken ones. The pain floods throughout my body, dropping me to my knees. I slump over, trying to not heave, not lose consciousness again. After a moment, I lift tentative fingers to my face. Lovely. My cheek is swollen, my jaw is bruised and if there was anything more, I was too exhausted and in pain to explore.

I smile despite the fact that it cracked my lips more. The stupid brutes. I heard one of them last night, telling the other that the Boss wasn’t going to like this. They were suppose to take her prisoner, not hurt her. The Boss wanted her unhurt. No, he wasn’t going to be happy about this at all. The other oaf whined. The woman had put up a fight. She had knocked his tooth out and those swords of hers had not only shredded his tunic, she had drawn blood.

A door opened. Somewhere. Gentle fingers slid under my chin, pushing upward. Wincing again, I resisted, but the fingers were stronger. They insisted. A token resistance and I let those fingers have their way. Pain darkened my eyes and I vaguely heard masculine swearing. Anger, fully so, directed not at me so I didn’t care. I slid my chin off his fingers and let it hang again. God I ached all over, hell, it was more than aching, but I didn’t want to think about it….



~~o~~​
 
Last edited:
The Study- More ideas

Through The Mirror:

She slept, deeply. In all this time he had been watching over her, she never stirred to his presence. He watched, waited, for mortal time to turn. As the moon rose high in the sky, he stepped free of the glass that was his prison. On feet that never made sound he approached her bed, watching her sleep. Stretching out a hand, he brushed the back of it across her cheek. She still didn’t stir. He knew she wouldn’t. If anything, his touch would, to her, simply be a soft delicate breeze. He laid down beside her, sliding an arm over her hip, moving as close to her as he could get. She pressed back against him, bringing a delighted smile to his lips. He kissed the nape of her neck. She shivered. Her lips murmured something. He never quite caught it. He closed his eyes, syncing his heartbeat, his breathing, to hers and joined her in the Dream World….

(This one is more of a romantic tale. Exploration of her sensual nature through the Dream World. The only way he can be with her)


~~o~~​


The Lady is a Pirate:

She laughed into the wind as she stood at the bow of her black frigate. Once again she had bested him. She lifted her hand in salute as his own frigate disappeared back into the night. She hadn’t seen the last of him. They have been competing for years, spices, rum, gold, you name it, they were usually both after it. Sometimes, it was she who came away empty-handed. She took it all in good grace. Bounding away from the bow, she yelled out orders to her men, those aboard her own ship and the captured one. It wouldn’t do to linger longer than necessary. There was a price on her head. It just made things so much more interesting.

Dressed in black from head to toe, she moved silently to stack their bounty so more could be brought aboard. Her red curls were pinned to her head and covered with a black head scarf. She straightened as the box was dropped into place.

“The last of the men were brought aboard?” She asked her first mate. He nodded. She glanced at the captive ship, “Disengage and set fire to her.” Raising her voice so the man at the helm heard clearly, “ Make for the island. We’ll set them ashore there. It’s close enough to the shipping lines.” She glanced at her first mate, “You know the drill. I’ll be below if you need me.” Another quick glance around, a nod of satisfaction and she went below,

(her main partner in this tale is the man on the other frigate, her “competition”. He’s quite the rogue. They have been dancing around each other for years, but have never bedded each other. They have gotten drunk together, fought together and with each other. He gets on her nerves because of his arrogant attitude. She gets on his because she’s such an independent hellcat. Inevitable is the head on clash these two are on a course for.)
 
The Study- Journal Entry

One thing you'll find with me is that I will not name the character for a role that is looking to be filled or even what he should look like. That's your business. Hell, most of the time, I don't even have a clue for the ending of the story. As I noted earlier, sometimes the ending comes before I even see the beginning, but that's an exception not the general rule. FFRP (Free Form Role Play) has taught me the value of allowing my partner the freedom to form his character so that it pleases both of us. In many cases, it's also matter of allowing both of us to form an ending. Hell, as far as I'm concerned, it's not about where you're headed but the journey.

Slip an note under my door (PM) if you need clarification on something or want a bit more of an idea of what I'm looking for. Truthfully? I simply enjoy creating and making that creation enjoyable for readers and co-author.

Find something you like? Slip me a note. If the thread is spoken for, I'll duly note it.
 
Last edited:
The Master Bedroom

Her eyes flickered open and she stared at the ceiling. A blink, a turn of the head and a swift glance...

"Ugh. Why am I awake?"

Covers pulled over her head.

"Later...a little later," came her muffled sleepy voice.
 
The Study

She sat staring at her computer screen, a cup of steaming coffee not far away but far enough so she didn't anything electronical if it split. She admits it. She's a klutz sometimes especially with liquids and electronics. A small smile plays across her lips. Breakfast in bed was nice, quite the surprise too.
 
Last edited:
The Study- More Scribbling of Ideas

Captive Queen:


Being drug behind a horse by a long rope with her wrists bound in front of her was not doing a damn thing to improve her disposition any. Her mood was already surly at best. The very fact that they had caught her unawares made her mentally snarl. She was better than that. It didn’t matter that she hadn’t slept in days.

She sighed inwardly. How the bloody hell was she going to get out of this one? Time was essential. Maybe she should have paid heed to the head counselors. The queen of Thydes should not be traversing the deserts of Romades without guards. The guards would attract attention to her, wasn’t that something they were trying to avoid at all costs? Why did she, personally have to travel to Derthanion? They argued back. Because she was the only one that could fully explain their predicament. Her defense to them. They could hardly argue that point though they pressed in regards to her safety. She had waved her hand at them and glared. She was no royalty that sat pampered in some gilded cage. Did she need to remind them of that? They found it hard to refute.

So, here she was, dressed in leathers, her sword confiscated and being drug behind a horse. Her eyes narrowed on the back of the one pulling her along.
 
Last edited:
Bloody hell. What a morning. Not at all what she was hoping for. Still, all in all, she couldn't complain. It had been....interesting. She grabbed a bottle of wine from the rack as she padded into the kitchen, having discarded her shoes the moment she entered the mansion. She plucked a wineglass from the rack of them under one of the cabinets and proceeded to pour herself a glass. Leaving the open bottle on the counter, she padded back into the living room and sunk onto one of the couches. As she leaned her head back against the couch, her eyes closed and she sighed. Peace. Quiet. But her mind was going a mile a minute.
 
The Master Bedroom

She yawned as she tossed her keys in a small bowl on a table in the hall, rolling her head. It had been a full day. Stress, laughter, worry. All things that made up life. It was good. It was all good. She made her way back to her room, opening the doors and gently closed them behind her. Alone. At last. Crossing the room, she opened the balcony doors and stepped outside, looking up at the stars. Human nature, would she ever understand it?

Some probably thought her tough. She was. She had to be. Some thought she was charming. It was an art, something learned. There were people like the Ladies Thyri, Luna, and Illi who naturally touched her heart. That wasn’t an easy feat. She wasn’t comfortable around women. She never had been. Men, she understood. Easily. There was Glad, Dragon, even Avellan, which would surprise some. He could annoy the hell out of her, but she couldn’t disregard him. And then there was Fr33k. She sighed. She could see it in Kay’s eyes.

She stepped back into her room, closing the doors and securing them. She undressed, dropping each article of clothing on the floor. She’d clean up in the morning. She was far too tired tonight to do more than fall into her bed and dream…
 
The morning found her on the patio with fruit and coffee, listening to the bird and watching the signs of spring pop up all over the gardens. It was a new day and who knew what it held. She hoped for no drama and plenty of laughter. Her eyes grew thoughtful as she thought about Kay, hoping the shy miss found the courage to change what she could and continue to enjoy what she had found. She smiled when she thought about Glad. He was a dear, dear friend and despite what people saw, that's all they were, friends. There was only one man she would gladly belong to, but until he hunted her down and claimed her, she would continue to flint around like a social butterfly and flirt wherever she wanted. Her thoughts meandered over her writing partners. She worried only over one, Dragon's. Hopefully, as the story progressed she would improve. It took time now and then to get use to how someone wrote. Such was this case and she liked Dragon. He made her smile and laugh. He was endearing.

Well, time to get cracking and go see who was about instead of worrying over things she had no control over or things that weren't her concern....
 
Last edited:
The Study- Random Images

Touch me.

Her soft whisper pleaded with an urgency that was undeniable.

Fingertips feather over her skin, sending liquid sparks coursing through her veins. Her nipples hardened in response to that gentle, strong masculine touch.

Hardened, aching pleasure that made her sigh with desire… with wanting.

Down, lower, teasing… he drew a whimper from her.

Her body grew impatient.

Please.

She pleaded. The plea fell upon deaf ears. Those fingertips maintained their slow, teasing journey….

She felt the blaze of fire he ignited in her veins with his touch.

Her hands traversed their own path, moving along his sides as far along his outer thighs as she could reach and returning back over firm buttocks, where they lingered, pressing into his skin.

First one wrist, then the other, denied the feel of his skin beneath her own fingertips as hands were taken captive in his hand and pulled over her head.

Lips wander over delicate sensitive skin of wrists as fingers curl around the restraining hand.

To be continued.
 
Last edited:
"an aibram of shadows"

Off to the side, in one of the corners of the Study...stood a doorway in one of its walls. Of the same design as any and all of the others throughout the Mansion, it was almost difficult to find, given the plants that stood on the floor, up against the wall directly in front of it.

In front? Indeed; for that, alone, was in fact the only curious thing about it, whatsoever, that might be gleaned from bare cursory glance. Namely: who would position such, or for that any of items that might be found within the room, directly in front of a doorway, be it open or closed?

No one, in fact. For the door had not been there the night before.
 
Her bed was unmade, a rumpled mess, attesting to the fact she wasn’t in it. From the bathroom came the dulcet tones of a female alto singing a country western song. The words muffled by the spray of the shower now and then. Abruptly the water ceased and all that could be heard was soft humming. Emerging from the bathroom, a towel wrapped around her body, she made a beeline for her closet, standing for a second to choose something to wear. Her eyes landed on a jeweled blue sarong. She swapped out the towel for the sarong, tying it in place before closing the closet door and heading for the kitchen on bare feet.

Coffee! Pure and simple. Taking a mug from the cabinet, she poured herself a cup, inhaling the aroma. Addeing a splash of cream to her mug, snagging an apple from a bowl on the island as she headed for her study. She took maybe four steps into her study and stopped. Her eyes going wide as she felt a brief tingle slide down her spine. No. Fanciful thinking, eh? Though her eyes perceived nothing, the normal energies in the room had been disturbed.

Sitting at her desk, she set aside her nibbled apple. Her eyes slowly roved over the room. Nothing looked out of place. A shrug of her shoulders, another sip of coffee, and she fired up the computer, used the remote to flip on some classical music and set about her day. She had some writing to do.
 
Last edited:
Off to the side, in one of the corners of the Study...stood a doorway in one of its walls. Of the same design as any and all of the others throughout the Mansion, it was almost difficult to find, given the plants that stood on the floor, up against the wall directly in front of it.

In front? Indeed; for that, alone, was in fact the only curious thing about it, whatsoever, that might be gleaned from bare cursory glance. Namely: who would position such, or for that any of items that might be found within the room, directly in front of a doorway, be it open or closed?

No one, in fact. For the door had not been there the night before.

After having been taken away on the winds of the real world, she finally materialized back into her chair as she studied the screen before her with a grin. More writing to do it seemed. No complaints from her about that. But before typing out replies, she swiveled in her chair, looking thoughtful. Something was still nagging at her.

She studied the room slowly, moving from object to object when something she hadn't noticed before, caught her eyes. Getting cautiously up from her chair, she went toward the wall. Moving aside the potted plants and trees. She stood back and stared at her discovery.

There was only one person she knew who could have done this. That explained the shift in energies. Moving the plants and trees around to frame the doorway that hadn't been there before, she went back to her desk with nary a look back. Was it an if? Or was it a when? Time would tell. For now, it was back to computer and her writing.
 
The Kitchen

Having fed the Dragon today, he can wait for a bit on a new post. My mind is currently locked onto an Elven Male Outcast as I leave the study and wander into the kitchen to whip up a meal. Hmmm. What takes my fancy tonight? Food is my second appetite, but until the Elven warrior returns, it is the one I will have sate.... for now.
 
The Study

She sat back in her chair and sighed, after glancing at the clock. Saving her work to finish tomorrow and powering down the computer, she stretched and stood up, padding from the room. Closing the doors behind her, satisfied with what was accomplished today.

To bed, wench. A small amused smile and she changed before opening the balcony doors, staring up at the heavens again. Always thankful for good friends, prayers of well-being were whispered for them all, with that, it was time for sleep, perchance to dream.
 
Last edited:
A soft sigh after a peek out of a window.

"More rain? I know I'll be whining when the hot weather blasts me, but my toes are starting to web," glances down to inspect her toes, "I hope I'm not starting to mold." More inspection, "I'm safe. For now. I want the bloody sun. APOLLO! Damn you. Give it back." More mutters as I stumble off to inspect the closet for leggings, blouse, an ankle boots.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top