Moving into the dark (Closed)

JadeKnight

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Posts
7,060
Earth, 3000

The economy of the world was thriving to the point of a world peace for all of humanity. However, despite humanity's expansion into space flight and colonization of other planets, things were taking a turn for the worse. No one knew what caused what became known as “The Incident”, nor could a cause be found. The planet’s natural energy flow along the ley lines as they were known simply exploded, releasing pent up energy onto the Earth. Three fourths of the humans are changed into elves, orcs, gnomes, and what are dubbed ‘mythical races’ almost over night. A large number are unable to survive, dying due to system shock. Five dragons are pulled into being from an unknown dimension, four of them dying from the sudden transportation.

3010
The incident served to spark another world race war, going on ten years. Major cities are devastated around the globe, economies broken down, but no nuclear weapons are ever deployed. Due to a peace treaty before the war, all nuclear weapons had been disarmed and used as power sources for the colonies years before. Corporations become the main power brokers, but even they aren’t immune to the effects of war.
During this time, one Corporation, the Vtek Petroleum Corp., decides to expand their area into a little side project of genetic manipulation, using the war as cover. Their true purpose is never revealed, but a generous-sized underground facility is built at the edge of the West Coast of the North America, powered by geothermal energy. The staff consists of human research personnel and a small army to protect them, all operating in secret.

3015
Much like the war began, no one knows who brokered the first true peace treaty, but the war finally ended. Due to internal and external conflict, the Vtek Corp dissolved. The scientists and their private army abandoned the facility, leaving behind their equipment and putting the place out of their minds. Due to the abandonment, the facility is left on auto, still running through with the tasks that had been set up within.

3017
 
Kyleen has been around since the start of 'The Incident' and for a time there were more of her kind in this new time. However, with war for what felt like an eternity, the kitsunes slowly faded into nothing and her parents were among the few that got captured. She was captured along with them, although she was just a child at the time and was not much use. When the first war broke out she was only five years old and her parents hid her when the raids came through. The one that had found her though was able to catch her scent and found the hiding place easily.

The one that had found her was a great warlord at the time and there were a number of things he could have done with her. For a time, he had considered a few of those options, instead, he grew attached to the little kitsune, admiring her strong attitude that she had as a child. Throughout the years her attitude never really changed, although she started to see him as a father figure in time.

Kyleen has always hated the things he did and for the longest time she despised him for what he had done to her kind. Now he was the only she knew and he has long since retired the fame and fortune of war, wealth beyond anyones imagination. People of his lands treated him with much respect, if one was to put a label on how he acted one might say he was a king. Although, there were far more people higher in the chain than he is, but he was well respected and very important.

Kyleen however, being raised as his daughter had its benefits..... and also had a few downfalls. One of the agreements to find peace was to marry her off to one of the royals. Although plans fell through and another war broke out for various reasons. Which resulted in never getting married, not that she complained about it having never wanting to go through it in the first place.

Now it is 3017 war had finally come to an end and she was about to celebrate her 22nd birthday. She had picked out a blue, black and silver silk dress for the occasion. Found the perfect braid for her blue and black hair while she sat impatient letting the helping hand work on the braid as the other help fixed up her four tails with oils and brushing them out. This was a big day mainly because she was able to actually have a party without the noise of war in the background.

For the first in like.... forever! And it made it extra special because the end of war gave the perfect excuse to celebrate as well. For the first time in a long time, she was going to be able to get out of the confines of this mansion... or at least that's what was promised to her.
 
While the hidden research base was under human control, they attempted to create a human-dragon hybrid using one of the dead dragons. It took the scientists ten generations before they perfected the attempt, two years before the peace treaty in 3015.

The new human hybrid was given the name of Zion. He was kept in a large status chamber, undergoing rigorous training and modification. Multiple drug regiments were used to enhance his physical attributes, while mechanical restraints were used to develop his physical abilities. A VR system was used to teach him all the knowledge available in the world.

It was the year before the peace treaty was created that Vtek was dissolved and the base was left on autopilot. Zion was stuck in the tank, honing his abilities day in and day out. Half a year later, after the 3015 peace treaty, the system released him from the tank.

With no real guidance left for him, he decided to do something which tested his skills. The best way for that, in his opinion, was taking things from others. His first few attempts went well, so he decided to up the stakes.

By the time 3017 rolled around, he had made his skills known worldwide, but not by his true name. His MO had became very simple. He sent a card to whoever held the item he wished to time several days in advance before striking. He had been nicknamed Nightmare from his former targets, mostly because of his methods. Very few witnesses survived if they tried to get in his way, and those that did often only remembered his red eyes. No one could remember his true face because of shape-shifting abilities, was able to change his appearance he wanted.

----------------

His travels took him to various places, mostly exploration. He had been to almost every major city taking what he liked. His current exploration brought him to this town without a real reason to be here. Maybe it could be called a vaction, since he didn't have a target in mind just yet.
 
Thanatos is not looking forward to this grand party that the town had wanted, in fact the only reason he is allowing it is simply because it made him look good. Also he did in fact promise Kyleen a birthday celebration when the war had ended, for everything she has been through, it is the least he can do. As with all things though, it didn't mean he had to like it. He knew she would be out there once the gates surrounding the mansion open to the public for the grand feast.

The town was small, not quite the size of a city but it was enough to welcome threat at any time. Thanatos had picked this land for good reason, it kept Kyleen out of harms way during the wars and for the longest time, she remained here with just the protection of the guards while he was out leading his armies. Yes, he had many armies that had his back in the days of the great war. Those alliances had faded throughout the years however, leaving him with just maybe two, three at the most armies to help when needed. Even those alliances have been torn down from illness that followed the war. This land kept Kyleen far from the reaches of the ugliness that hid in his shadows.

"You will have at least one escort with you Kyleen... No arguing!"

He spoke from the doorway while watching the help fuss over her twitching tails, he can tell she was itching to get out of here. Kyleen looked at the dark elf through the mirror and stuck her tongue out, indicating her disagreement to his request. Though she knew better than to protest against his wishes, at least it wouldn't be him escorting her, although she knew deep down that he'll be watching her every step none the less.

"He better be good looking... and not a party pooper!! I want to have fun tonight... Thanatos."

She had never called him father, no matter how many times he requested it, yet she managed to never use that word for him. After another moment or two she finally pushed the help away and stood up to walk towards him, noticing that he wasn't dressed up for such a grand party. Standing in his light leather armor, his sword at his side and a look as if he was ready to strike any second.

"You look like your ready for battle almost. Nothing is going to happen tonight, I promise I'll be good."

which of course is a promise she always broke in times like this. Kyleen kissed her 'father' on the cheek before rushing out the door, not bothering to wait for her 'escort'. Knowing Thanatos, he would already be at the gates waiting for her. The actual party wouldn't start for at least another hour but she wanted to roam around town, visit shops and maybe even help set last minute things up.

Once she got the gates though, she let out a deep groan as soon as she saw her escort. Granted she had to admit he at least dressed nice, black heavy boots, leather pants and red silk shirt and his black hair was actually clean for once. He at least looked like he was ready to party just as much as she was.

"Well, at least you clean up nicely!"

Ulfric just laughed while holding his arm out for her to take. When he first got the assignment, he didn't like the thought of 'babysitting' but now that he saw her, he appreciated the thought of having a beautiful woman at his side. Soon they were allowed out as the gates opened up and a crowd of people came in to fix up the mansions grounds for the feast. This is going to be a fantastic night once the celebration got started.
 
Zion drove into the town on his hover bike, driving slowly to find a place to park. Dressed for the open road, he wore a pair of dark sunglasses, hiding his red eyes from view, a pair of faded blue jeans, a black shirt, and a jet black trenchcoat. He took his time going through the streets before pulling up and parking at a small diner.

Not wishing to give himself away, he pulled out a pair of dark green contacts, putting them in carefully before putting away his sunglasses. He climbed off of his bike, his large hands dusting off his pants for a moment. Since the day was wearing on, but the heat wasn't, he pulled his trenchcoat off and laid it over his bike.

"Let's see what secrets and treasures you hold here."

Across the street from the diner appeared to be a rather decent-sized park, where some sort of preparation for a festival was going on. He grinned for a moment, this would be a good time to scope out the town and everyone in it, if everyone decided to show up for this festival.

He didn't enter the park yet, but he started walking down the sidewalk, taking in the sights of the town. He knew he would be noticed easily with his large frame, even in a crowd, but that didn't bother him in the least.
 
Kyleen was all over the place exploring the town after all these years. There was only once when she was younger that she could be out and about like this before she started to show her kitsune side. After that though, Thanatos pretty much kept her in hiding instead of forcing her to be something she isn't. He allowed her to dabble with her powers, though the mentor she has for that she hated with the passion. Only reason he knew what he did is because he used her kind as lab rats, so she stayed clear from him, learning what she can on her own.

The streets were busy and she was so excited that she wasn't paying much attention to where she was walking while looking at all the shops. Also her dress was a bit longer than what she normally wears and she kept tripping on it. Before she knew it she face planted right into this huge mans chest, at first she blamed herself of course. Then realized he could have just as easily moved out of her path.

Just as she was about to apologize though, her ears laid flat as she noticed just how big he is compared to her, his scent confused her as well. It was then that Ulfric pulled her behind him and stepped between the man and her in a very protective manner. She put a delicate hand on his shoulder and quietly spoke cautiously.

"It's alright... I ran into him, it's not his fault. Come on, lets go.."

Kyleen flashed an apologetic smile to the stranger and moved on forward with Ulfric, heading off to the park all the while her tails were flicking wildly with irritation and embarrassment.

"You need to be more careful out here. Watch where you are going next time."

Kyleen sighed and growled a little at his comment,

"Not my fault they made this dress too long, I keep tripping over it."

With that, she stopped for a moment and focused on the dress and within seconds it was just at her ankles showing off the thin strappy sandals.

"There, that's better.. one would think they would know how to dress me by now."

They both laughed and continued towards where the music was starting to play.
 
He found the surroundings of the busy street interesting, as he rarely visited a city that had some sort of festival going on. The sounds and sights was interesting to him as he walked along, though he did keep aware of his surroundings as he always had. He almost chuckled when the smaller female bumped into him. It took but a moment to pick up her scent, finding it pleasing to his liking. She was also rather unique, as he had only seen one of her kind a few months back.

He didn't say anything as the bodyguard intervened, giving a little smile and nod to Kyleen before the two of them went on their way. He watched them disappear into the crowd for a few moments before continuing on his way. She had piqued his interest, but he wasn't going to follow just yet.

He continued to wander the town, hearing buzz about the upcoming party. It didn't take him long to learn about Thantos and his wealth. He grinned for a moment, deciding this guy would be his next target. Biding his time, he continued to wander the town until the appointed time for the party, making his way towards the manor.
 
As they walked off Kyleen kept looking back over her shoulder trying to get another glance at the stranger, only to be tugged back to reality by Ulfric.

"Oh come now, you can't possibly be attracted to that beast can you? I mean really, you got me!"

He teased as he looked down at her. He was roughly the same size as that stranger was, towering over Kyleen, only Ulfric was of the barbarian bloodline which gave him his physique. The stranger on the other hand, he had a far different scent and his eyes didn't seem natural to her.

"It isn't that, even if I was it would make no difference. It's just... well... he didn't smell like you."

Ulfric laughed hard when she said that,

"Of course he didn't smell like me.. everyone has their own scent you know."

"That isn't what I mean.."

Kyleen laughed and gave him a light punch in the arm, which he exaggerated the pain on. Meanwhile back at the manor the grand feast was being set out, a whole smoked pig was the main center piece of the bigger table. There barrels of mead that have been salvaged over the years, Thanatos has always liked his mead made from older wood kegs, it gave it that extra little kick. On the dessert table there was a very tall cake that was frosted with her favorite blue and silver colors, also had Happy Birthday Kyleen written on it.

People were starting to gather around a stage that was set up for the bands and soon there was an announcer testing the mike and calling for everyone.

"As well know this celebration marks the end of the war!"

With that everyone cheered, making toasts and drinking to the good news.

"Although, there is more to this celebration as well...."

He left the crowd hanging for a moment and he motioned over towards Kyleen, urging her to come up to the stage with him. While she came forward, he continued on.

"This is also the celebration for the official retirement of Thanatos."

He gestured towards the warlord who only nodded in return while the crowd cheered again.

"And...."

Pulling Kyleen closer to him and hugging her noticing the bright red in cheeks and her ears flicking with shyness.

"For the first time, we get to celebrate the daughter of Thanatos, Kyleen. Today is her 22nd year to be alive!!"

The crowd burst out cheering even louder as most of them have never seen her before even though she has lived among them all this time. The announcer let her go and she went back to Ulfric and with that, the festival began with much drinking and dancing. Ulfric pulled Kyleen to the dancing area somewhat against her will and 'forced' her to dance with him, though she was laughing the whole time.

Thanatos kept a close eye on her the whole time, keeping watch of his surroundings and who was around her, looking very protective over her.
 
Though he didn't exactly blend in with the crowd as they filled into the courtyard, he hung back a little bit as he took in the whole spectacle. He gave a little grin at the grand layout, enjoying the sight of this Thanatos showing off his great wealth. It only served to re-enforce his decision to take whatever it was this man valued most. However that didn't take long to show.

He scoffed a little at the mention of the war, a little upset he had missed it. If there was anything he had enjoyed more than stealing, it was the feeling of another's blood running beneath his touch. His hand flexed for a moment before he calmed himself down. As the announcement commenced, he raised an eyebrow as he recognized the young kitsune from earlier.

He took a deep breathe for a moment, inhaling the scents of the crowd around him. He remembered the scent he got from her, the ripeness of her. He couldn't place exactly what made her special, but it could have been the dragon in him wanting something that had a value that was unmatched by anything else.

Just to blend in, he cheered along with the crowd at the announcement. He soon picked up a glass of wine, the goblet looking very delicate within his large hand. He continued to mingle among the crowd, talking with everyone. He paused every now and then, glancing towards the dance floor where the Kitsune and her bodyguard were busy.

At the same time, his mind was taking in the layout of the manor courtyard as well as the defenses the warlord had. This job was going to be the start of a very lovely adventure.

Perhaps it was his mysteriousness, or his physique, but he soon had several lovely ladies of different races pulling him onto the dance floor to dance. He obliged them, just to blend in.
 
The night moved on smoothly and without many issues save for the random drunken fights here and there. Kyleen, overall was the happiest she has been in a VERY long time. For most of the night she ignored how Thanatos watched over her carefully, though she couldn't ignore the stranger she ran into earlier.

The dancing for the most part kept them pretty close together and his scent was driving her wild. It both confused her as what his scent was exactly, having never been exposed to dragons before, also a bit intoxicating. Although it could easily be all the drinking she has been doing that was speaking as well.

Sometime towards the end as the heavy part of the festival started to die out a little, she managed to 'escape' Ulfric for a few moments of peace. Kyleen wasn't drunk enough to not know where she was wondering off too, though she couldn't really walk all that straight either. Soon she made her way out into the park, finding a bench to lay on and just watched the stars for a moment. She knew this moment wouldn't last long though as Thanatos or Ulfric will soon be searching for her.

It was clear that she wasn't alone in the general area with the sounds of couples doing their thing in the darkness of bushes. Not to mention the few other body guards patrolling the area, that is one thing Kyleen has never been..... truly alone. Even if this very moment she could feel eyes upon her and she groaned a little assuming it was either Ulfric or her 'father' coming to get her.
 
Though Kyleen was his target, he didn't make things too obvious. His thoughts were focusing towards the layout of the manor and his plan. As the party wore on, he was able to get a layout of the manor grounds easily enough. It was mostly just a matter of walking and making small talk with the other partiers as they wonder they could as well.

Getting inside to determine the layout of the manor was going to be trickier. He could pose as a reporter to gain an interview with Thanatos, which probably wouldn't take much convincing. After all, the man seemed quite proud of what he was and had. The second method was to pose as one of the guards, but that would mostly likely cause more problems.

He did notice Kyleen heard off into the park once things began winding down. He licked his lips for a moment as he watched her for a few moments before returning to the task at hand. He finally decided to try the interview approach first.

He saw Thanatos talking with a small group, so he headed that way. He gave a smirk to himself as Ulfric went past him, in search of Kyleen. Zion cleared his throat for a moment, catching the warlord's attention, who narrowed his eyes.

"I'm sorry to bother you like this, sir. I am currently traveling through, trying to write about the brave officers and soldiers who have survived the war and hoped to add your story as well. Might I take a bit of your time? I promise to be quick if you would like."
 
Ulfric glared at the man as he walked past, recalling him from the shops earlier. He was truly not from around here and Ulfric didn't care much for strangers that just pop out of no where, least of all strangers that are out of place. However, seeing how he wasn't causing any problems, Ulfric left him alone, even if had noticed how often this stranger kept eying Kyleen all night.

When he found Kyleen, she was sleeping on the bench and he just shook his head, smirking at the girl. He slowly woke her up though, lifted her into his arms and carried her off towards her room. Once in the room it was fairly difficult for him in his own buzzed state to not take advantage of the situation. Thanatos would have his head for one, second, he saw Kyleen more like a sister rather than a sexual attraction. Yet, as he helped her out of her dress and into a night gown, he couldn't help admire the beauty of her naked form, taking notice of how she reacted towards his touch. It all made him growl in frustration, in the end though, he controlled himself really well and left her once she was tucked in.

Thanatos however, kept watch on this stranger for the better part of the night, he knew everyone who lived in this town... This stranger was not one of his people. When the big man approached towards the end of the night, Thanatos eyed him cautiously, hearing the man out. Thanatos didn't really accept this strangers story, there is no way he looked like any reporter he has seen before, they were all scrawny and nerdy.

"It is a bit late for interviews isn't it? Mr....."

He looked the man up and down, sneering at his appearance and taking notice that he has been traveling for a while. For a moment he looked to be considering a few thoughts, one of which he held dear Keep your enemies closer and with that he gave a half smile to the big man.

"I tell you what, you can sleep here tonight, in the manor there are plenty of guest rooms available. Then tomorrow when we both have rested, we can talk over breakfast or lunch. Does that sound fair?"

Thantos didn't trust this man in any shape or form, but at least with him in the manor he can keep a closer eye on him, get a feel for his true intentions. Which meant he would need to set up guards for the night to make watch this stranger over night. Perhaps even set one outside Kyleens door as well.

After the stranger had responded, Thanatos started to lead the way in to show this man the room he'll be staying in for the night. If he decided to stay that is.
 
Zion gave a smile upon hearing that his invitation was accepted for the night. He gave a bow of his head.

"Thank you. And the name is Justin."

At least that was the name he had on the fake ID card in his possession. After all, he knew better than to give his real name. It was one of the most current forms, so it was legit, to a point. The forgery was so well made, it could only take an extremely well eye versed in dis to spot any true differences.

He followed the warlord inside, accepting the invitation to stay. There would only make things even more exciting to watch unfold. After a quick tour, Zion was left to his own devices for the rest of the night. He made a note of everything about the interior, including where the guards were, and Kyleen's room. Her scent wasn't hard for him to pick up, but he made sure to avoid doing much more than walking past her room.

Just before midnight he bid Thanatos a good night, retiring into the guest room offered to him. Leaving the door unlocked, he opened the bedroom window carefully. Looking out, he saw he was only a few feet from the front door where a guard stood. He pulled out a small inscribed plaque, holding it for a moment. When the guard walked a few feet from the door, Zion covered the metal in shadows before throwing it.

The plaque guided through the air on a shadow like string before a flick of the wrist jammed one corner in the door. He closed the window and the shadow disappeared. He laid down on the bed as the guard was walking back to his post. Soon the fireworks would begin. On the plaque read:

In two days time, midnight, you will lose what is most valuable to you. -Nightmare
 
There was a guard placed at Kyleens' door and the one at the front door had a good view of the guest room. Thanatos didn't sleep well that night especially when one of the night maids came to his room with some plaque and the message wasn't pleasant at all.

He growled in anger, cussing up a storm for allowing such a festival to happen. The anger was more towards himself than anything else. Naturally, his thoughts went straight towards the stranger and he had to find a way to break through his intentions. Sadly for Thanatos though, he had no reason as of yet to arrest the man, let alone get the truth out of him.

Thanatos even went as far to go to Kyleens room to check up on her and made sure her window was locked with a powerful spell. He made sure the guard outside her door were switched out every few hours to give the other one a rest. If he had it his way, he would just just lock her in the room for a few days, yet he full well that she wouldn't stay. With that in mind, he eventually went to bed for a few hours after talking with Ulfric.

Kyleen slept through the night a deeper sleep than she has had in a long time. When she woke up in the morning she was dreaming of that stranger, they were fairly mild dreams but they were dreams that startled her awake. She looked around the room noticing she was alone and found it odd that the maid hasn't opened the windows, or woke her up yet.

When she peeked out the window she had noticed the gates were closed again with the typical guards next to them. With a heavy sigh knowing that her freedom was over with.... again... Kyleen slipped on a simple sundress, combed through her hair and made her way out.

The guard outside her door stood up from his seat and proceeded to walk with her until Ulfric finally met up with her.

"What is the big deal? I don't need to be escorted in my own home!! I just want to get some breakfast!"

Ulfric didn't tell her about the threat the night guard had found, only that it was what Thanatos requested, taking her arm into his with a smile.

"Besides, you don't mind having company for breakfast do you? I'm starving myself!"

He spoke kind of lively for a man that has been drinking all night and soon they were both off to the dining room, arm and arm as if they were lovers or something. The scent of breakfast was in the air and Kyleens tails were flicking with irritation of this mornings events, wondering why the sudden change.

When Zion woke up he would find himself escorted around by a guard as well, watching his every move for the day.
 
Since he had traveled light, Zion just put on the clothes he had wore the day before, shaking them out a little first. When he stepped out of the room, he wasn't surprised to see a guard waiting for him, but he feigned surprise anyway. The guard told him breakfast was ready, but he turned down the offer. Instead, he made his way down to the sitting room, to wait for for the "interview" of the warlord.

He could tell that his plan was starting to have effect, though his guard and the extra ones he had passed had become a little more fidgety. They looked well-trained, but he could tell some of them were scared. He news bad news traveled fast, especially about himself. After all, he had lost count of the number of professional and non-professionals he had ripped through the gain his prizes. He did always make sure to leave some alive to tell of him.

Exactly how paranoid Thanatos became remained to be seen. As he waited for the warlord, Zion contented himself with a glass of water and looking through the few old books he man had on his table. After the interview he planned on leaving the manor, explore the city some more, and the "leave". He was of course certain to be followed by one or two guards.
 
Thanatos was already up making his morning rounds and to catch up on any recent activities, good or bad. Once everything was in order the way he requested, he made his way towards where Justin was waiting for him. Though he didn't enter the room just yet, hiding a little in the shadows and just watched the man for some kind of indication that it was him who sent the message. After a moment or two of watching him, Thanatos finally made an appearance, putting on an expressionless mask not allowing this man to see his true self.

"So.... Justin. What kind of questions do you have for me?"

Thanatos didn't take a seat but instead went over to the window watching Kyleen practice some of her magic, noticing a big plate of food sitting on a table next to her. There was something else he had noticed about this man, for a reporter/interview type person, he didn't seem to have a recording device or notepad or anything for that matter to take notes. Of course, depending on the question, Thanatos would give vague answers like he always does anyway.
 
Having done this before a few times, Zion had no problem acting nonchalant about the whole thing. When Thanatos entered, he gave a fake smile, putting down the book he had been looking at.

"Well, the questions I were wanting to ask were about your time during the war. Where you got stationed, some of the battles you were in, maybe a few heroics you were involved in. Those always make a good read."

To throw off the warlord's suspicions about his intentions, Zion even named off some of the surviving officers and soldiers he had meet, but not all of the were robbed. He even told a quick little story of a eleven soldier from Africa with had survived a kamikaze attack on his unit near the Red Sea. Zion smiled a little and tapped his forehead for a moment.

"If you were wondering about my note-keeping, it's all in here, photogenic memory sir."

He took a sip of water for a moment before leaning back in his seat.

"Please, feel free to divulge what you would like the world to know. I know that dissemination of the written word takes longer these days with the hit in technology we all took, but I will do my best to get it out. I know you have plenty of stories to tell, to spread the truth on how things went."
 
It didn't really surprise Thanatos much that he knew certain things, but it did catch his interests that he new specific names. He thought about it some, considering his response to what the guy had asked for and figured he'd humor him a little.

"I can't say that I have been too overly heroic other than saving a few here and there from rioters in the cities. Most the stories about me are already known, though I suppose there is one left untold."

He kept his eyes on Kyleen for a few moments longer, contemplating on where to actually start without providing too much personal information. Then he turned facing Zion keeping himself expressionless for the time being.

"It was a choice that I do not regret making, it was not an easy choice either. One of the many reasons this last war broke out was because I broke my promise. You see, I had promised to wed Kyleen to one of our most hated enemies of that time to bring some kind of peace. Though, the more I learned about his intentions with her, I took back that promise and killed him myself. Of course, his alliances did not appreciate such an action, so with a few other backstabbing moments, war broke out."

He walked over to the liquor cabinet and poured himself some high quality whiskey and offered a glass to him as well.

"I couldn't allow Kyleen to be with a man that despises her kind, there were so many rumors about what he does with them. I couldn't let him have her."

Of course, he comepletely left out all the things HE had done to her kind, even experimenting on them to discover how their tails work and etc. Let alone mention that he was the one who killed her own parents, none of those things were relevant to the story anyway.

"So I suppose that could be one of my heroic moments, even if it did cause a war that lasted years."

He gave a light smirk and hid his grin behind the glass of whiskey as he took another sip.

"What is your story? What made you decide to go out interviewing for stories? You do not seem like the type for such a ..... profession."
 
Zion was quiet as he listened to the warlord talk, looking towards the direction he was looking as well. He finished his glass of water after the warlord finished his story, asking for his own. He placed the glass down on the table carefully.

"Perhaps you don't believe it was so heroic, but it may be to others. You saved Kyleen from a cruel fate it seems. I know of wars in the past that were started over less."

He poured another glass of water, picking it up before continuing to speak once more.

"Call my need for writing history down an inspiration, received shortly after the war ended. Think of it, civilization has broken down, as well as most forms of communication. As the saying goes, 'History is written by the victor.' In our case, everyone won. Civilization has been trying to get on it's feet again, mostly out of selfishness. I figured putting history down as the outsider would help to focus and make sure we don't lose our way again."

It was pretty much a lie, but he was practiced and knew well enough on how to come across as the truth.

"If you had anything else, I would be happy to hear it. Although it seems things have gotten riled up a bit, so I should get going. I thought I would gather a few more stories from the local townspeople and then continue on."
 
Thanatos kept his eye on this new visitor, taking in his response to the question, taking notice that he appeared to be in a hurry to leave. Though, Thanatos wasn't quite ready let him go just yet, there was truly something off about him.

"There is no rush and as far as things being riled up, it is nothing new. One can never be too cautious these days. I may have taken you in a guest, but you are still a stranger here. With that, it's just a bit of extra caution is all."

Naturally he wouldn't make mention of the warning he received last night, of course now that he thinks about it more, it was found shortly after he left this man. The wheels were turning in his head the more he started to put certain pieces together. Yet, as with all things in this situation, he had no proof of his suspicions.

"You are welcomed to stay as long you like, though a guard will be at your side within these walls. So I do understand if you wish to leave."

It wasn't as if he was a prisoner here, for as much as Thanatos was beginning to wish that he was. He wanted to beat the truth out of this man. Keep your enemies close.... he kept reminding himself.

"Why don't you think it over and if you decide to stay for a few days, I will tell you more stories over dinner tonight."
 
Zion laughed for a moment at the warlord's suggestion of being in a rush.

"No, there's no rush. I'm more of the open road type, so I try not to say in one place for one, two, maybe three days at a time. The only reason I thought to end things is for just that reason, not to rush things. I would like to gather more from the locals, and I didn't want to take up all your time sir."

He finished the glass of water before standing up. The request of having a guard accompany him around the manor gave him an inkling the warlord suspected something, but he wasn't going to do anything yet to arouse any more suspicions. Besides, he already had a plan in mind that would need his form beyond midnight that day.

"As for the offer of dinner, I might take you up on that this evening. I really hadn't made any plans beyond this afternoon anyways. Thank you."

He held his hand out to Thanatos for a moment, watching how he reacted. The warlord was a little slow on the uptake, but finally shook Zion's hand. The idea of wandering town was also going to be a test to see if the warlord would have him followed. Zion didn't put it past this guy.

once the little interview was concluded, Zion did indeed leave the manor, but stayed within town. As he said, he spent the day talking to everyone, but he was also scouting out the town as well. He could feel eyes on him several times, but he played it cool and didn't look for the source himself, using the reflective surfaces everywhere around the town to spy on his spies.
 
There was a risk in letting this man leave and for a moment before accepting the hand shake, Thanatos came close to retracting his invite. Instead he gave a nod and took the mans hand in a polite manner, even if he was gritting his teeth to do so.

"Very well, I will let the guards know to let you in if you decide to come back."

With that he took his leave to continue with things that need his attention, wondering just what more he can do to keep Kyleen safe. There were plenty of spells he could use to make certain she remains here for a few days, though he knew she was already on the verge of feeling like a prisoner, especially when the gates close. But she has been practicing new spells of her own and one of which was teleporting, that was one thing he never learned himself. With her learning such things, he knew he wouldn't be able to keep her within these walls for long, not without blocking her powers anyway.

He did send out his most trusted spy to follow Zion around town and she was quite good at what she did, shadows were her specialty. Naturally she had no way of knowing that shadows were his as well, more than likely able to see her when others can not. In fact there were a few times when it seemed as if he was looking right at her, even if he didn't make it obvious.

Kyleen was porting around within the grounds at first, going from bush to bush, pestering the guards here and there. She was bored, so very bored here until she saw that stranger leaving the manor though she couldn't follow him because Ulfric was right there. For some reason though, he intrigued her and it was mostly because of his scent and the fact that he is 'new'.

She played it off pretty cool by just porting around a few more times, then suddenly she was gone. Although unlike the spy, Kyleen wasn't as good at hiding especially with her tails flicking everywhere behind a tree here and there. Also, it wasn't like she did a lot of spying either. As she followed him carelessly, there were a few stories from the people he spoke that she picked up off and on, peaking her curiosity even more.

Staying out here was risky for her though and she knew she couldn't be out for much longer. Just as she was about to vanish she caught Ulfrics scent and she quickly looked to see where he was. Luckily he hadn't noticed her yet, taking that to her advantage she vanished back to the manor.

The spy had noticed Kyleen though and had a big smile crossing her lips, that would have to wait till later of course. For now her focus was meant for this stranger.
 
Last edited:
Zion had noticed Kyleen following him, catching her scent a few times. However he made sure not to notice her. It was just a game of cat and mouse, with her being the mouse trying to tempt the cat. However once she had stopped following him, he got serious about the spy following him. He grinned for a moment as he approached his hoverbike parked near the edge of town.

His bike, along with the rest of the equipment contained in the base where beyond what the current level of society considered lost technology. Lost technology was everything that had relied on computer and computer technology, but was lost after the power grids failed three years into the Great Race War. Much technology was lost during the war, due to various reasons, none of which were good. After the war, only about half of the power grids were able to be fixed, and races everywhere scrambled to revive the technology to it's previous era. However technology had only been brought pre-space age, as magic now rivaled science, replacing many things technology could have done.

The bike was one of several ultra secret projects worked on in the base, besides the genetic engineering of him. A DNA encoding starter was the only way the bike could be started, and a very dangerous security system was enabled otherwise. The first warning by the system was a light static shock, like a two second burst from a stun gun. The final measure was a second shock, lethal enough to blow the thief off as well as shock him with enough voltage to kill him.

Zion knew the warlord would love to get his hands on it, but he had a plan to stop that, involving his little spy. Once he got to the bike, he stripped out of his clothes, leaving himself in only a pair of boxer-briefs. He moved around the bike carefully, letting the spy see all of his well-built body, including what he carried between his legs. It was easy to see he was much more well-endowed than other males.

He soon changed into a pair of jeans, a white t-shirt, and boots before pulling out a small backpack. Inside was another pair of clothing, along with two hidden compartments filled with some goodies. Once he slung the backpack over his shoulder, he headed down the nearest alley rather than town.

As he suspected, the spy followed him. He walked down the deserted alley for a few moments, checking for anyone else. Once verifying it was clear, he turned and started marching towards the spy. The look on her face was priceless to him, as was he attempt to escape. However he was faster, his right hand closing around her neck before he slammed her into the wall.

"Not so fast little one."

He closed the distance between them, his face next to hers. He mmed for a moment as he inhaled her scent and then ran his tongue along her cheek to taste her skin. When she tried to struggle, she would suddenly find her neck encased in a large set of four claws, the points resting against her soft skin.

"You and I need a little chat first."
 
Shocked at being caught was an understatement for Rayna and not only did she have plenty of information for Thanatos, she had to fight off this brute of a man. Though, after seeing him practically naked as he changed so blatantly in front of her had her slightly aroused. The situation of things however, only made her smile at his attempt to threaten her, letting the initial fear fade behind a mask.

"And just what is there to talk about? From what I can see, you have done nothing special."

She growled through her feigned grin, showing off her wolf fangs and bright yellow eyes glared at him. With one hand Rayna proceeded to grab a dagger from a belt around her thigh and the other hand grew sharp claws. It was clear she wasn't afraid of him, even with his own claws digging into her throat. Her claws quickly swiped at his arm that held her while she pointed the dagger towards his ribs.

"I suggest you let me go!"

She growled at him again, making sure he could feel the dagger pushing at his ribs while she attempted to swipe at his face next. The only sign of fear she had was the racing heart beat he could clearly feel through her throat, pulsing into his grip.
 
He grinned as she fought back, feeling her dagger pressing at his ribs.

"Oh, doggie wants to play, does she?"

He ignored her swipe as his arm, blood getting drawn from the claws. His other hand grabbed at her dagger-wielding wrist. His thumb pressed into the pressure point on her wrist as he slammed that one against the wall as well. He continued to apply pressure on her wrist, his thumb move her muscles until the skin till she released the dagger. His hand around her neck lifted her up more, till she was on her tiptoes.

"What we have to talk about is what you've seen."

He gave a low growl for a moment as his teeth sharpened a bit, dragging them along one her earlobes slowly.

"Mmm, it's been awhile since I've taken a delicious lady."
 
Back
Top