Lit Taboos to avoid for a new author.

I came to LIT 11 years and discovered the worst you can do is suggest anything TEX, PILOT, and others don't like. We had wars for a few years. STELLA launched an attack for ,y thoughts about verbs.

All you can do is ignore them and write your stories. What's out of your control is not even worth arguing over. Forget about it and just go on with your business.

Those who you named above are approved personalities for this site. Perhaps they are secret monitors, I don't know. Who knows and who cares? What I do know is that they post their poisonous nonsense 24/7 and if they don't like anyone, they are allowed to attack them without repercussions or discipline. They are personally responsible for removing writers from this site, especially women.

The bottom line is that we're lucky to have a site like this where we can post our stories. Thank you, Laurel. My best advice is you to stay off the forum boards. Use this platform as your sounding board when writing stories. Write the best story you can. After a while, you'll have enough fans who will give you enough votes that will erase the bashing votes and comments.

Good luck with your writing.

I read it minures ago: IF YOURE READING THIS STORY YOURE SICK AND NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP.

It was an authors note to readers. I suspect OGG is the author.

That isn't one of my author's notes. It could be one of several anonymous comments on my stories.

'Real Men' don't like FemDom or strong women. :rolleyes:

I didn't write that it was incest.

I wrote that if they live in the same household, a sexual relationship between in-laws is incestuous.

That fits the broad category that Literotica embraces as incest, otherwise Laurel wouldn't post in-law stories in the incest category.

I understand what you said, but to me its still not incestuous, they are not related by blood, but marriage.

You can make a case for pseudo incest which is what step family falls under, but PI is called out separately in the paid market because sites like amazon will allow PI, but not 'real' incest.

Step family is an interesting dynamic to me. If step mom came into step son's life when he was 18 I see no taboo at all. There was never a 'motherly' bond there. She's his father's hot second wife and that's it.

Now have step mom show up when the son is 8 and she raises him as a mother now you have some actual taboo and conflict going.

Personally I've always considered step incest like non alcoholic beer. Similar taste with no bite.

Step material on amazon and places that take it, but not the real thing make me laugh. One sentence saying "Jill was his step mom" and the other 10k is "Oh, mom, Oh, son...the reader wants it to be real in their minds. The PI is to appeal to the site rules.

I understand what you said, but to me its still not incestuous, they are not related by blood, but marriage.

You can make a case for pseudo incest which is what step family falls under, but PI is called out separately in the paid market because sites like amazon will allow PI, but not 'real' incest.

Step family is an interesting dynamic to me. If step mom came into step son's life when he was 18 I see no taboo at all. There was never a 'motherly' bond there. She's his father's hot second wife and that's it.

Now have step mom show up when the son is 8 and she raises him as a mother now you have some actual taboo and conflict going.

Personally I've always considered step incest like non alcoholic beer. Similar taste with no bite.

Step material on amazon and places that take it, but not the real thing make me laugh. One sentence saying "Jill was his step mom" and the other 10k is "Oh, mom, Oh, son...the reader wants it to be real in their minds. The PI is to appeal to the site rules.

Even though I was raped, beaten, and tortured by 6 male relatives and by my piano teacher, I strongly believe that incestuous sex between two consenting adults can be a beautiful thing.

Yet, no matter if you're related by blood or not, a man and a woman living under the same house and under the same roof who start a sexual relationship is deemed incestuous, not incest, but incestuous.

In this crazy, fucked up world, incestuous, sexual relationships take many forms and not just those who are blood related.

Per this Esquire article, some credit card companies won't process incest-related purchases, but will process psuedo-incest ones.

Even though I was raped, beaten, and tortured by 6 male relatives and by my piano teacher, I strongly believe that incestuous sex between two consenting adults can be a beautiful thing.

Yet, no matter if you're related by blood or not, a man and a woman living under the same house and under the same roof who start a sexual relationship is deemed incestuous, not incest, but incestuous.

In this crazy, fucked up world, incestuous, sexual relationships take many forms and not just those who are blood related.

We were having a good discussion, but now that you're back to making a mockery of women who have actually been raped and abused I'll just toss you back on unofficial ignore, where I make it a point to not read your posts.

Last edited:
Per this Esquire article, some credit card companies won't process incest-related purchases, but will process psuedo-incest ones.

Because they know two things

1- step is not actual incest

2-it sells like crazy and that means people are using their cards and they get their interest and fees out of it.

This also leads to what a lot of people do on amazon-and they damn well know it-is to put a 'safe' title and description with no mention of mom etc...but the book is full blown incest.

Right now amazon is in lax mode. There are mom, sis, dad books and titles everywhere. Soon they will get a complaint and they'll witch hunt again and all the idiots breaking the rules will lose their accounts, but unfortunately they'll target deeper and get rid of people who do obey the rules.

We were having a good discussion, but now that you're back to making a mockery of women who have actually been raped and abused I'll just toss you back on unofficial ignore, where I make it a point to not read your posts.

I wonder. When a poster gets banned under all known alts because he won't stop posting what the Mod gives "last notices" on, does all of his stories get deleted from the site as well? I'm thinking maybe so.

I wonder. When a poster gets banned under all known alts because he won't stop posting what the Mod gives "last notices" on, does all of his stories get deleted from the site as well? I'm thinking maybe so.

Usually only one name is banned so just those stories. That's why scouries created all those fake 'secretary' alts. They'd get blown up, be he wouldn't.

I think Laurel gives more leeway to authors because its a lot more damaging to an author to be banned than one the GB trolls.

But has Freddie ever even been warned? Far as I recall it was everyone else being told to stop attacking them for lying about their gender and all the made up abuse stories.

Maybe there was a warning and I missed it.

Just because you don't believe me doesn't mean it didn't happen.

After years of therapy, I'm over what sexually abusive men did to me. You come off as one of them.

Now, writing is my therapy. I sincerely hope that your daughters don't go through what I went through. Most don't survive. Most turn to alcohol, drugs, prostitution and/or suicide.

I turned to music and writing.

I think that's a superb analogy (or is it a simile?) for the incest/step-incest debate. As a real aficionado of incest stories, that's exactly how I feel. Step-incest just doesn't have that intangible element, that extra spice. I love, love, LOVE incest stories; but step-incest stories usually just leave me cold (unless they are fantastically well written).

Usually only one name is banned so just those stories. That's why scouries created all those fake 'secretary' alts. They'd get blown up, be he wouldn't.

I think Laurel gives more leeway to authors because its a lot more damaging to an author to be banned than one the GB trolls.

But has Freddie ever even been warned? Far as I recall it was everyone else being told to stop attacking them for lying about their gender and all the made up abuse stories.

Maybe there was a warning and I missed it.

Freddie received a final warning on all his alts a few days ago (Post #3 of forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1485108). I'm wondering if he knows he is jeopardizing the placement of his voluminous story list on Literotica. As you noted, claiming he's a sexually abused woman is in the wheelhouse of his bad behavior on the boards.

Freddie received a final warning on all his alts a few days ago (Post #3 of forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1485108). I'm wondering if he knows he is jeopardizing the placement of his voluminous story list on Literotica. As you noted, claiming he's a sexually abused woman is in the wheelhouse of his bad behavior on the boards.

Thanks for the update.

Considering past behavior and what he's gotten away with, I'm willing to bet he's not taking it seriously. We'll see of the site will let him make them look bad. They actually dug in last time on scouries so we'll see.

It just seems strange that, if Freddie realizes he could lose all of his posted stories here under multiple alts and if he realizes he'd gotten a final warning, he would still think that the insidious games he plays here are worth the risk.

It just seems strange that, if Freddie realizes he could lose all of his posted stories here under multiple alts and if he realizes he'd gotten a final warning, he would still think that the insidious games he plays here are worth the risk.

I agree, credit where its due, that's an impressive amount of work and stories. Had they not kept changing pen names they'd be both the #1 most favorited and most prolific.

Like I said, maybe they just don't t think the site will pull the trigger.

I don't like them, but it would be a shame to see all that work erased. Big loss to the site too.

Just for redundant note, incest is also illegal.

Sometimes, sometimes not. In most Australian jurisdictions, the legal definition of "incest" is considerably narrower than in this discussion, generally only covering direct ancestor/descendants (and even that may be overridden by federal privacy law, for consenting adults in private). Outside that, it just gets covered by the general age/consent laws.

Illegal to do and illegal to write are two different issues, as is illegal to do and what you can write and get published at Literotica.

Another area to avoid and/or to walk carefully around at Literotica is snuff. People can die but not gratuitously if it disturbs Laurel (which seems to be a moving target). Vampires can get away with more than human characters can. It's just a "maybe yes/maybe no" area.

Illegal to do and illegal to write are two different issues, as is illegal to do and what you can write and get published at Literotica.

And it's a good thing, or half of entertainment and art would go out the window. I totally support the site owner's right to set whatever rules the owner thinks are appropriate, but it is curious to me that on some issues the owner is more squeamish than network television.

And it's a good thing, or half of entertainment and art would go out the window. I totally support the site owner's right to set whatever rules the owner thinks are appropriate, but it is curious to me that on some issues the owner is more squeamish than network television.

Maybe they don't care for network television.

Lit is run by whim, not rules. Even the few loose rules are not upheld in anything resembling a consistent manner. Its not whether or not a story violates a rule, but does it do so enough to squick or touch the nerve of the owner?

That is coupled with the fact most stories don't even get as much as a passing glance has left this site flooded with stories that break the rules. Underage, rape, etc...all here and not hard to find.

I have no issues with any rules of any site or business, but I do when its done unprofessionally and with a wink. Underage and flat out rape stories have huge audiences and their 'clicks' are as good as anyone else's.

The 'rules' are here to claim they have them and to have an excuse to ban what they want when they want. Also to be able to, in the event LE was ever involved or some other serious issue they can say "Look, I have rules, but its a big site, and I can't help it if these sleazy authors don't listen. Its not me, its them."

In other words Lit has amazon's style of we say you can't do this, but please do it so we can profit(in this case, draw the views) but when someone complains you're taking the fall.

In the public's mind, though, the definition is broader. Consider Woody Allen. His relationship with Soon-Yi, his girlfriend's adopted daughter with whom he had never lived, was and is widely condemned as incestuous.

You can't use "rape" as a tag

I mean, you literally can't. I just learned that today. It's not so much a taboo I guess, as just not allowed. Which made it hard, because that word definitely belonged in my tags.

I mean, you literally can't. I just learned that today. It's not so much a taboo I guess, as just not allowed. Which made it hard, because that word definitely belonged in my tags.
The site is right to reject rape as a search term for story content. The site does not advocate rape, it's as simple as that.

Back