The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, missed the thunderstorms. But walking out to the dirt smell of a light, warm rain is just as good.

Last week we went to the first restaurant I've ever been that served porchetta. Once it was laid on my plate I knew how the chef did it. Brilliant, really. Just cut open a boneless pork loin, stuff it with basil and fennel, wrap it in fresh pork belly, tie it up and roast it. It would probably be best if you took a propane torch to the outside to crisp up the pork belly and then cooked it 15 min/lb at 350F. Uncomplicated, after all, but it did take the man's imagination to get from a whole boned pig to something you can serve in a normal restaurant. I think I'll give it a shot Sunday evening.
Ooh, the fella loves a good porchetta. The fennel would be too much for me, but he'd be all over it.

Ugh, my throat has been dry all day and is becoming more painful. Still got four more hours of work until I can go home. :( I think I'll stay on bed tomorrow.

Rolf, tea that's easy and soothing for the throat.
Sounds like a plan, john. I like a spiced apple tea with honey. Warm lemon water with honey is good too.

I believe a visit by 'Family' is making her a trifle preoccupied.
*sending warm thoughts to Naoko*

Well, missed the thunderstorms. But walking out to the dirt smell of a light, warm rain is just as good.
Yeah, we're getting rain here overnight. So good for the flowers, not so much the tomatoes, but the lawn and trees love it.

Ooh, the fella loves a good porchetta. The fennel would be too much for me, but he'd be all over it.

Sounds like a plan, john. I like a spiced apple tea with honey. Warm lemon water with honey is good too.

Yeah, we're getting rain here overnight. So good for the flowers, not so much the tomatoes, but the lawn and trees love it.

Mmm, tomatoes. *licks lips* Sliced up with some pepper, oil, vinegar and fresh mozzarella.

How did your day go, anna? :rose:

You wanna run the concept of "spiced apple tea" past me slowly please?
Warm Lemon juice I can get, but Apple Tea ?
:rose:

Mmm, tomatoes. *licks lips* Sliced up with some pepper, oil, vinegar and fresh mozzarella.

How did your day go, anna? :rose:
If we were getting more tomatoes, yeah I'd be all over that dish. Actually, toss in some fresh basil, and it's even better. ;)

I had a... decent day. I got a little writing done, a few errands and a so-so nap.

You wanna run the concept of "spiced apple tea" past me slowly please?
Warm Lemon juice I can get, but Apple Tea ?
:rose:
It's an herbal tea. The vast majority of the teas I drink are herbal, unless I want a proper breakfast tea.

Hi Nakeds!

Just checking in on the fly, I'm trying desperately to get my FAWC story done in time ... being on vacation all last week was not good timing.

I just wanted to thank Steve and Dampy for the incredibly encouraging comments on my newest stories. :kiss::kiss::kiss: to you both!

Ok, I'm not here. I'm writing. I'm listening to some Gogol Bordello to keep me moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKpgb2WrGo0

I'm also listening to this ... and learning to play it on my guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Js2Ef5Ojg

If you've never read "Into the Wild" or seen the movie, I insist that you do! Both, preferably, but I'll be appeased if you choose one or the other.

The book is written by John Krakauer. The movie is directed by Sean Penn and stars Emile Hirsch. The soundtrack is by Eddie Vedder. You literally cannot go wrong no matter which you choose.

Hi Nakeds!

Just checking in on the fly, I'm trying desperately to get my FAWC story done in time ... being on vacation all last week was not good timing.

I just wanted to thank Steve and Dampy for the incredibly encouraging comments on my newest stories. :kiss::kiss::kiss: to you both!

Ok, I'm not here. I'm writing. I'm listening to some Gogol Bordello to keep me moving.

Evening, Shea. :rose:

I haven't read it yet but I promise, I promise, I promise I will. :eek: Feel free to admonish me every day until I have.

I hope you had a good vacation. :D

Hi Nakeds!

Pleasure, honey... :)

Hi Nakeds!

Me too, me too! Though I need silence when I write so no music.

I finally had a breakthrough and got on a roll two days before the deadline on my fawckette. Figures. :cool: :rolleyes:

Oh, and the story was really enjoyable. :)

I haven't read it yet but I promise, I promise, I promise I will. :eek: Feel free to admonish me every day until I have.

Admonish? Does that work? I recommend :caning:. :p

Yo, steve. How's it going?

See?! There you go. Gentlemen avert their eyes. :cool:

I plead the fifth. ;)

ARG! I'm too unfocused to write. But my throat is killing me and making it hard to go to bed. I have to be up early too, not a good combo. :(

Let's see if I can at least get a paragraph in. Who knew getting two characters to make love on the grassy shore of a stream was so difficult.

I plead the fifth. ;)

ARG! I'm too unfocused to write. But my throat is killing me and making it hard to go to bed. I have to be up early too, not a good combo. :(

Let's see if I can at least get a paragraph in. Who knew getting two characters to make love on the grassy shore of a stream was so difficult.

Don't forget the grass-burn. ;)

Me too, dampy! I just finally felt inspired and got really rolling on my story! It's so fun to write right now but I have to go to bed. I'm really hoping I'll be able to finish it, but I'm not sure I can. I won't be able to work on it Friday, because I'll be at Lollapalooza all day and night. Rough, I know. So I basically have to finish it by tomorrow night. It's going along really well, but Argh! I just don't know if I have enough time!

Anyway, I'm off to bed. John, I will admonish you if you don't read my story soon. And you know what that means ... :caning:

:devil:

g'night, Nakeds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back