The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My physiotherapist is sterner: I have to do as much as I can and if it hurts? Live with it. :(

We all need a doctor like the Fella's old doctor, who told him that because of his eczema, he should not do the washing up. :rolleyes: When we moved house, I made sure we signed up to a WOMAN doctor. ;)

Olaf, a glass of Prosecco and some nibbles please!

And with a pop like the cork of a bottle of Prosecco slipping sweetly from its neck, she dismounted from the wall.

:nana:

And with a pop like the cork of a bottle of Prosecco slipping sweetly from its neck, she dismounted from the wall.

:nana:

Mmm, Prosecco. I could really use a glass, work is driving me kinda bonkers today. You're welcome, Anna. I'll have to show you how to upload and post pictures sometime.

We all need a doctor like the Fella's old doctor, who told him that because of his eczema, he should not do the washing up. :rolleyes: When we moved house, I made sure we signed up to a WOMAN doctor. ;)

Olaf, a glass of Prosecco and some nibbles please!

"And a pair of Marigold gloves please, Large size; for a man".

Mmm, Prosecco. I could really use a glass, work is driving me kinda bonkers today. You're welcome, Anna. I'll have to show you how to upload and post pictures sometime.
But it's so much easier to have you do it. *bats eyes*

I have a friend who couldn't open a bottle of Prosecco to save her life... and it's her favorite drink.

But it's so much easier to have you do it. *bats eyes*

I have a friend who couldn't open a bottle of Prosecco to save her life... and it's her favorite drink.

We all need to learn from her. And the Fella. He couldn't wear gloves of course, the latex or something made him miserable. As for the dishwasher, well after threats and tears he has learned not to put the gilt-edged mugs and Sabatier kitchen knives in there but I always check it before I turn it on.

He has a much more sophisticated strategy now. He does the washing up so badly that it's pointless, perhaps in hopes that one day I will throw a saucepan at him and say he must never do it again. But I let him continue so he can imagine he too is a feminist. :rolleyes:

Is everyone OK with the weather? It's very cold and bright here. The last couple of days are the first times I've got up and it's been light, although that could also be because I woke up at 6 instead of 5 LOL.

I hope Og is OK, I think he was the one most in danger of bad weather.

Get the Keurig firing up, John! It's what my childminder calls bluddy freezin' here!

:kiss:

Here in south-central Texas, it's a balmy 72 degrees in the middle of the night. The Hill Country air is fresh and fragrant with the aromas of oncoming spring. Coyotes howl in the distance, but it's a symphony of lust for the new year, I think.

All is well. ;)

Here in south-central Texas, it's a balmy 72 degrees in the middle of the night. The Hill Country air is fresh and fragrant with the aromas of oncoming spring. Coyotes howl in the distance, but it's a symphony of lust for the new year, I think.

All is well. ;)

LOL. It sounds very nice. And I understand Texan men do the cooking sometimes :nana:.

Perhaps if the Fella gets offered a job in Houston I'll consider it in the hopes that he acquires the mystic skill of man-cooking too. :)

LOL. It sounds very nice. And I understand Texan men do the cooking sometimes :nana:.

Perhaps if the Fella gets offered a job in Houston I'll consider it in the hopes that he acquires the mystic skill of man-cooking too. :)

If the Fella wants (or, to be more accurate, if you want) to cook like a Texan, there are three things he will need to learn:

1) Fajitas

2) Brisket

3) Barbecue

That last article -- barbecue -- requires some refining. In Texas, good barbecue consists of a slow-roasting process in a smoker that takes hours, but . . . oh, man, does it result in some tasty dining. The key to any good barbecue lies in the sauce. Everyone who considers themself a good Texas cook has their own recipe.

Just giving you a head's up. ;)

If the Fella wants (or, to be more accurate, if you want) to cook like a Texan, there are three things he will need to learn:

1) Fajitas

2) Brisket

3) Barbecue

That last article -- barbecue -- requires some refining. In Texas, good barbecue consists of a slow-roasting process in a smoker that takes hours, but . . . oh, man, does it result in some tasty dining. The key to any good barbecue lies in the sauce. Everyone who considers themself a good Texas cook has their own recipe.

Just giving you a head's up. ;)

Well, first he might have to learn to put his fingers round a saucepan occasionally instead of saying I have a really important paper to write but after I finish it I am going to do tuna pasta sweetcorn for tea one night (that wondrous night not specified). But I will bear your helpful tips in mind for him.
:)

Here is her salvation:

Its in cans

He does the washing up so badly that it's pointless, perhaps in hopes that one day I will throw a saucepan at him and say he must never do it again. But I let him continue so he can imagine he too is a feminist.

Is everyone OK with the weather? It's very cold and bright here.

Throwing a saucepan at him is the traditional method. I remember my old Ma-in-Law saying something along those lines as she watched me struggle.

A dawn broke round here this morning, it's clear, cold & bright and blanketed by a light dusting of snow [at about 28F]. Nice to look at but that's all.

Willy, there are times when I wish I had a missile. :rolleyes:

Here is her salvation:

Its in cans

Throwing a saucepan at him is the traditional method. I remember my old Ma-in-Law saying something along those lines as she watched me struggle.

A dawn broke round here this morning, it's clear, cold & bright and blanketed by a light dusting of snow [at about 28F]. Nice to look at but that's all.

HP, here you are! Good morning. How is the weather with you? Cup of coffee?

Well, first he might have to learn to put his fingers round a saucepan occasionally instead of saying I have a really important paper to write but after I finish it I am going to do tuna pasta sweetcorn for tea one night (that wondrous night not specified). But I will bear your helpful tips in mind for him.

I'm always available for Texas-themed cooking tips. Or, for general cooking. I've taught myself a lot. ;)

And I'd dare ya to shoot it, HP. :p

Oh, my . . . that sounded a mite provocative, didn't it?

I'm always available for Texas-themed cooking tips. Or, for general cooking. I've taught myself a lot. ;)

And I'd dare ya to shoot it, HP. :p

Oh, my . . . that sounded a mite provocative, didn't it?

Let me see, now.
Find matches, mount the missile in the tube properly,
clear the area, light blue touch paper and retire immediately.

I think that's it, Eh ?
;)

Guys, guys, you know Molly said no fighting in here. We don't want a day like when Spike's thread was still rampant, do we?

I'm just gonna grab a coffee and run now, finish off the sandwiches and the bacon and baked beans for breakfast - want some, you two? I have tiger bread to mop up the sauce.

Guys, guys, you know Molly said no fighting in here. We don't want a day like when Spike's thread was still rampant, do we?

I'm just gonna grab a coffee and run now, finish off the sandwiches and the bacon and baked beans for breakfast - want some, you two? I have tiger bread to mop up the sauce.

In a statement today, the Prime Minister, Mr Churchill said that there is no cause for concern.

The missile is a practice (Drill) round and there is no cause for alarm.
("If you could step back a bit more, Madam, and let the Bomb Disposal team in to de-fuse it; thank you").

I'm about to go get my breakfast (after operating the new Washing Machine).

A coffee sounds just the thing.

Let me see, now.
Find matches, mount the missile in the tube properly,
clear the area, light blue touch paper and retire immediately.

I think that's it, Eh ?
;)

LOL. That reminds me of a World's Dumbest clip I saw not too far back, in which a group of people in Waco, Texas, were lighting off a Roman Candle seated in a roll of paper towels.

You can guess what happened next. ;)

Not quite as hilarious as the famous clip of the dachshund fetching a Roman Candle, but funny nonetheless.

LOL. That reminds me of a World's Dumbest clip I saw not too far back, in which a group of people in Waco, Texas, were lighting off a Roman Candle seated in a roll of paper towels.

You can guess what happened next. ;)

Not quite as hilarious as the famous clip of the dachshund fetching a Roman Candle, but funny nonetheless.

Willy, if you ever find that link, I'd love to see it.

Well, I was going to have an Isolated Blurt about how annoying that the boiler breaks down (of course) on this cold day which I set aside for returning to my own writing. But poor McKenna was there very sad about the loss of her brother, and frankly, the effing boiler seemed pretty small beer in comparison.

I mean, what will happen? I will phone the boyos and say: "Guys, guys! Help me, save me!" They will attempt to talk me through it kindly without charging me on the phone. Then I will say: "No, no, you must come round," and they will be there at the drop of a fur-lined hat, drinking tea and eating biscuits in my kitchen while I make sure the netbook is firmly shut on all the Welsh werewolf erotica. These ones are even quite good about not looking down my cleavage, dropping their tools all over the place instead of mending things, and doing such a bad job that I have to call them up and say, "It's still not working, sweet thing, you must come back and sort me out," ;) as it were.

LOL.

Here is her salvation:

Its in cans
She'd probably love that, although we'd have to listen to her go on about how, "It just doesn't taste right."

Here ya go.

I laugh my ass off every time I see it. :D

ETA: That's the roman candle dog clip; I don't know where to find the other one, but this one is the funniest by far.
Oh, that's hilarious!

So, I've got a lovely spice cake here to go with tea. :)

Snow? What snow?

My part of Kent is snow free but my son-in-law couldn't get to work about 20 miles away. As he was on the way the snow and ice conditions were getting worse.

He stopped in a lay by and phoned one of his work colleagues who lives within walking distance of the company. The colleague sent back a picture of the road to the front gate. It is five feet deep and blocked with abandoned vehicles. His walk to work, which normally takes 10 minutes, took 40.

My son-in-law turned round and came back home. He still had to negotiate several steep hills and he had been having difficulty on the flat roads he had driven on so far.

Meanwhile I had been on my first visit to a hearing aid clinic. I had been wearing them incorrectly and the batteries were virtually dead. Now I can hear the clicks on the keyboard as I type. Wow!

On to the dentist for a final fitting before my new teeth are made. I could actually talk while wearing them. I have to wait about a week for them to be completed, then I can eat ribs again!

Now I need a coffee before setting off for this afternoon's meeting, followed by the evening one. I had hoped to be wearing my new teeth. I'll have to settle for working hearing aids.

These meetings aren't parties. We might actually get more communication done if they were...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back