Role play stories - pretending to be underage

gunhilltrain

Multi-unit control
Joined
Mar 1, 2018
Posts
7,669
I did send in an email about this but I haven't heard anything back about it yet.

I was wondering if this site has a policy about stories involving adults playing roles pretending to be teenagers. I have been working on a story in which two adults are partially inspired by a scene in Erica Jong's Fear of Flying. Readers of the book may remember the scene with Isadora and Steve in her parents' apartment (hint: the avocado tree).

Thank you!
 
I did send in an email about this but I haven't heard anything back about it yet.

I was wondering if this site has a policy about stories involving adults playing roles pretending to be teenagers. I have been working on a story in which two adults are partially inspired by a scene in Erica Jong's Fear of Flying. Readers of the book may remember the scene with Isadora and Steve in her parents' apartment (hint: the avocado tree).

Thank you!

Be careful with that. Underage references, even if the are "role playing consensual adults" is pretty much a no, no.
 
I did send in an email about this but I haven't heard anything back about it yet.

I was wondering if this site has a policy about stories involving adults playing roles pretending to be teenagers. I have been working on a story in which two adults are partially inspired by a scene in Erica Jong's Fear of Flying. Readers of the book may remember the scene with Isadora and Steve in her parents' apartment (hint: the avocado tree).

Thank you!
"if a scene can be taken out of context and read as underage sex, it IS underage sex." -- paraphrase of Laurel.

What that means is that couples can role play whatever they want as long as it is constantly made clear that the participants are "adults."

IMHO, that makes writing an erotic depiction of underage role play nearly impossible, but "role-play" is probably the most common attempt to circumvent Lit's age restriction. It should be difficult to cater to pedophiles. :(
 
So, just one question: Why?

I'm an adult. I have never wanted to role-play being a teen again.

Of course, I'm not a pedophile.

If you want to write underage, wander over to asstr. they let you post shit like that.
 
Thanks for the feedback so far. I get that this is not a good idea for this site.

There obviously have been different standards for book publishing in contrast to the Internet. I have never seen the movie version of Lolita (I mean Kubrick's) and I wonder if the filmmakers left the issue unstated.

The novelization of Summer of '42 certainly couldn't be posted here; I remember the movie itself didn't have certain explicit details that were in the book.

Anyway, I have other materials I can post.

P.S.: A number of writers have explored their own teenage experiences for various reasons. A lot of Erica Jong's novel has autobiographical elements but I don't know about that specific scene.
 
Last edited:
There obviously have been different standards for book publishing in contrast to the Internet.

It isn't internet standards, it is the standard of ONE privately owned internet publisher/site. There are a multitude of internet sites that would allow your story and another multitude that wouldn't care if it was 'real' or role-play.
 
What Harold said...

Want to publish under age stories...try smashwords. Of course you won't get the exposure you would if you wrote a plain old erotic story about a couple in love who fool around on the side...but you could make a couple of bucks off the pedophiles out there. :eek:
 
I respect the site's owners if that is what they wish.

Anyway, I have other stories - some of them about role play - that would fit in here without testing the limits.
 
I should have done this first perhaps, but I got around to posting a new member introduction.
 
I've noticed role play stories on here that push the limits while having an author's disclaimer at the top. I won't specify which stories because examples are easy to find.

But, the site owners can accept or reject a story as they see fit. If I have a story of that nature I can submit it and see what happens.
 
BTW, I've seen a couple of stories where a parent had a non-explicit discussion about sex with a younger teenager.

"Mom, you must have finally gotten laid last night!"

"Best sex in forever! He had me cum twice before he put it in, and when he finally did, I went off again from all the build-up..."
In one case the story was rejected and not re-submitted. In the other, the author altered the age of the child to post high-school, which forced changes to the dynamics of some character interactions. IMHO, at a loss.
 
I guess the issue with those stories is that a character was actually underage, as opposed to adults pretending to be that.

Of course all fiction is "pretending" perhaps, a form of fantasy made visible through the written word, movies, etc.
 
First story posted

I appreciate all of the feedback I've gotten on my question.

My first submission posted, which is not about role play, is now in the erotic couplings category. The title is A College Tryst.
 
Back
Top