The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I join you two in a jack and coke as well?

I just had the most delicious buttered chicken curry. Hopefully the night will get even better when I get back to the apartment. ;)

Yeah, I'm finally coming to that conclusion. I do not want to go back to that time, it was truly horrible. But I was 20/21, and I just dealt with it and lived my life and didn't let the pain or the constant IV antibiotics or the home nurses or any of it keep me from doing what I wanted. Bring a med kit and IV pole with me on spring break? Of course! Why wouldn't I? Lol. But I don't think I could do that again. The pain was, obviously, the worst part of it, so minus that, I'm ok with the idea, I guess.

It's just strange, because it was such a huge part of my life, and all my doctors were aware of it. Now, because it's been so long, and I have all new doctors, no one is really clued in. I mean, it's in my chart, but it might not be top of mind for the doctors I have now, y'know? I'm trying to find the infectious disease doctor I worked with back then, but it was 20 years ago, and who knows if he would remember or still have my info. Also, my mom and I are in disagreement over who is in possession of my old medical file and CT scans. I hope I'm right and she has them! :eek:/:D

I will PM you after tomorrow with some more specific questions on your product line, absolutely. ;)

Chronic osteomyelitis is very serious, sheablue, and any potential resurgence of the infection requires immediate treatment. I assume you've made your current docs aware of your condition, and, in the absence of any obvious new site of infection, they should be focussing on your original infection. If you don't have your old records, do you remember where the infection was first located? If so, tell them - that would be where it would likely flare up again, and they could intensify their examination in that area. You should also look for any red, swollen, or tender areas on your skin - that could help pinpoint the infection site. IV antibiotics will address the systemic aspects of the infection, but if it is a recurrence of your osteomyelitis, the bone itself will likely need specific attention. Take good care of yourself.

Chronic osteomyelitis is very serious, sheablue, and any potential resurgence of the infection requires immediate treatment. I assume you've made your current docs aware of your condition, and, in the absence of any obvious new site of infection, they should be focussing on your original infection. If you don't have your old records, do you remember where the infection was first located? If so, tell them - that would be where it would likely flare up again, and they could intensify their examination in that area. You should also look for any red, swollen, or tender areas on your skin - that could help pinpoint the infection site. IV antibiotics will address the systemic aspects of the infection, but if it is a recurrence of your osteomyelitis, the bone itself will likely need specific attention. Take good care of yourself.

Oh, man, Tio, now you're freaking me out. How did you know I have chronic osteomyelitis? Is that the only kind of bone infection there is? Mine is actually non-diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis, which means it was contained to one area and didn't spread. It is in my left jawbone. But when it was active, it was tender and swollen and so painful ... and I'm having none of those symptoms now. Now I just have an unexplained fever. Pain in my throat and neck ... I hope it's not that. Back to the picc line and the constant IV antibiotics? Ugh. It took the Mayo Clinic to diagnose me last time, and a hyperbaric oxygen chamber to get the infection under control. I do not want to go back there, no way. But, though my current doctors are aware of my history, none of them have drawn a connection. But I haven't mentioned it either.

More drinks, anyone? John? Tio? You've freaked me out, now you have to drink with me.

Oh, man, Tio, now you're freaking me out. How did you know I have chronic osteomyelitis? Is that the only kind of bone infection there is? Mine is actually non-diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis, which means it was contained to one area and didn't spread. It is in my left jawbone. But when it was active, it was tender and swollen and so painful ... and I'm having none of those symptoms now. Now I just have an unexplained fever. Pain in my throat and neck ... I hope it's not that. Back to the picc line and the constant IV antibiotics? Ugh. It took the Mayo Clinic to diagnose me last time, and a hyperbaric oxygen chamber to get the infection under control. I do not want to go back there, no way. But, though my current doctors are aware of my history, none of them have drawn a connection. But I haven't mentioned it either.

More drinks, anyone? John? Tio? You've freaked me out, now you have to drink with me.

I freaked you out? Ok, maybe that's not uncommon. :rolleyes: But yes, I would love to have a drink with you to attempt to un-freak you out. :D:rose:

*extra hugs* I really hope you get better.

I freaked you out? Ok, maybe that's not uncommon. :rolleyes: But yes, I would love to have a drink with you to attempt to un-freak you out. :D:rose:

*extra hugs* I really hope you get better.

No, silly, not you, Tio freaked me out with his serious take on my serious yet dormant (crossing fingers) bone infection. I will take that drink, though.

No, silly, not you, Tio freaked me out with his serious take on my serious yet dormant (crossing fingers) bone infection. I will take that drink, though.

*fingers crossed* Another jack and coke then? Martini? Cosmo?

My brother just called and he's back in town for the night. We are going to have some late night drinks and then play some Cards Against Humanity. Oh, the rest of the evening after dinner went really well. ;)

*fingers crossed* Another jack and coke then? Martini? Cosmo?

My brother just called and he's back in town for the night. We are going to have some late night drinks and then play some Cards Against Humanity. Oh, the rest of the evening after dinner went really well. ;)

I'm drinking Jameson's straight up. Well, on ice. I'll have another.

Oh? the rest of the evening? Back at the apartment? Did you have company? Do tell!

I'm drinking Jameson's straight up. Well, on ice. I'll have another.

Oh? the rest of the evening? Back at the apartment? Did you have company? Do tell!

Ever try a Midnight in Dublin? It's Jameson and Kahula Midnight.

Says the woman who constantly teases me. You'll just have to use your imagination. :devil:

Ever try a Midnight in Dublin? It's Jameson and Kahula Midnight.

Says the woman who constantly teases me. You'll just have to use your imagination. :devil:

Oh, yum. That's sounds good. What's Kahula midnight?

And c'mon!!! Tell me something! Ok, yes, I was teasing you, but you know you like it. ;)

You give me one tidbit of information, and I will give you one tidbit of information. Maybe. :devil:

And I'll make the coffee.

Good morning all. It's way too early on a Saturday morning but I'm awake anyway.

I'll have a tumbler of Redbreast, if you please, Rolf.

Sorry I wasn't online when you read my post, sheablue; I didn't mean to freak you out. But the possibility of a recurrent bacterial infection of the bone (osteomyelitis) is a serious concern, and I think, given your symptoms, you'd best make sure your doctors address that possibility. And address it seriously; a regular course of antibiotics might alleviate it enough to seem as if the infection were cured, but it could come back even worse within a short period of time.

Hopefully, it isn't osteomyelitis, but if it is, I assure you the results of not properly treating it are far worse than the treatment it demands. Again, take care of yourself. Remember: ultimately, the only person fully responsible for your health is yourself. You have to make sure what needs be done gets done.

Now, let's have another drink between examinations.:kiss:

Oh, yum. That's sounds good. What's Kahula midnight?

And c'mon!!! Tell me something! Ok, yes, I was teasing you, but you know you like it. ;)

You give me one tidbit of information, and I will give you one tidbit of information. Maybe. :devil:

True....I do like it. :eek: Maybe I'll give you one little morsel to tease you back with. :devil:

Kahlua Midnight is less sweet and is 70 proof so it can be served straight up.

Hello Tx, Tio.

I'm honestly craving some Greek for lunch. Gyros anyone?

Last edited:
Okay, I posted my Halloween contest story, House of Sex. I don't feel that it's my best effort but I'm not ashamed of it. Heck, the last contest entry I thought was substandard and people loved it. There's just no accounting for taste, I guess.

Okay, I posted my Halloween contest story, House of Sex. I don't feel that it's my best effort but I'm not ashamed of it. Heck, the last contest entry I thought was substandard and people loved it. There's just no accounting for taste, I guess.

Awesome, Bear. I look forward to reading it when I get back home.

I'll have a tumbler of Redbreast, if you please, Rolf.

Sorry I wasn't online when you read my post, sheablue; I didn't mean to freak you out. But the possibility of a recurrent bacterial infection of the bone (osteomyelitis) is a serious concern, and I think, given your symptoms, you'd best make sure your doctors address that possibility. And address it seriously; a regular course of antibiotics might alleviate it enough to seem as if the infection were cured, but it could come back even worse within a short period of time.

Hopefully, it isn't osteomyelitis, but if it is, I assure you the results of not properly treating it are far worse than the treatment it demands. Again, take care of yourself. Remember: ultimately, the only person fully responsible for your health is yourself. You have to make sure what needs be done gets done.

Now, let's have another drink between examinations.:kiss:

Yes, I remember well the seriousness of having Osteomyelitis. The preeminent doctor in that field told me it was just about pain management, unless I wanted to replace my entire jawbone Which I did not want to do.

But like I said, thanks to a year of IV antibiotics and a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, I got it under control and gradually it became dormant. I don't remember having a fever then, and I don't have any of that excruciating pain now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

But I am going to talk to the doctors about some kind of recurrence being a possibility. Thanks for your concern and wise words, Tio!

I'll definitely take that drink. :kiss:

Morning Tx, HP. I'm currently getting my ass forcefully dragged out of bed and hauled to the gym.

Erotic Horror? You're looking at this the wrong way. :D

The coffee is ready, I'm on my last cup of the day.

Oh, I'm not saying erotic horror is a bad thing. See chapter 4 of my New Life series. :rolleyes: I.guess it all depends on who is being "used" as the exercise equipment. :devil:

Good Evening all.
Glass of something?

Maybe in a bit. I'm at that strange part of the day where it's a bit late for coffee, but too early for beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back