The Price of Ransom

Beoulve was madly in love with this woman. She was able to do things to him no one else could do. He groaned and then locked eyes with her, listening to what she said. He nodded, and then said, "I do know you love me, and won't doubt that ever. You know that I love you more and more with each passing day. I'm here for just you."

He continued to thrust into Cecilia. He let her lead the kiss as he felt her hips thrusting against his. He was all the way inside her now, and loved the feeling of her gripping him. He broke the kiss and looked at her as he started to find a faster rhythm between them.

Beoulve felt himself getting closer. He tried to stave it, but knew it wasn't going to happen. He was lost in the passion and was enjoying it immensely. He suddenly groaned, looking at Cecilia, his eyes asking her to climax with him, as he thrust deeply inside her, filling her with his seed. He groaned as it seemed to continue, his legs shaking slightly.
 
Cecilia felt Beoulve climax and let herself go at the same time. When they found their release at the same time, it was like the rest of the world vanished, for a moment there was only their union and their love.

Cecilia had never felt Beoulve's orgasm inside of her, it was wonderful feeling, a sensation of being filled and fulfilled. It felt natural, it felt like the right thing to do and Cecilia welcomed that feeling. She felt his manhood shoot his seed deep inside her and found an even deeper pleasure in that.

She did not want to let go of her beloved, she did not want his body out of hers. She held him close for a moment, but let go as she guessed that would be a rather uncomfortable position for him. Still, she loved to feel his weight on her, his body covering rather than crushing hers. Princess Cecilia felt safe, protected and one with her Prince when he was this close to her.

Soon, the two lovers fell asleep in each other's arms and slept cuddling, in an intimate embraced that warmed their souls.

Morning came and Cecilia awoke with the servants bringing Beoulve's breakfast to the bedroom as she had requested the previous night. She quickly put her nighgown back on and rose to make sure everything was perfect for her beloved. She woke Beoulve up with kisses, kissing and gently licking his lips, trying hard to make sure the beginning of his day was as sweet as possible. Cecilia leaned forward even more to whisper in his ear when she knew he was awake already "Happy birthday, my love."
 
Beoulve awoke to Cecilia kissing his lips. He smiled and let it continue, and then slowly opened his eyes when she leaned forward. He looked at her, and then realized that today was indeed his birthday. He smiled at her and then pulled her down, kissing her softly. He sniffed, smelling something. He quickly blushed, realizing what it was. He also smelled food.

He smiled as he sat up and pulled a heavy dressing robe. He hadn't realized what she was planning, but he loved it. He normally wasn't big into celebrating his birthday, but with Cecilia, he could get used to it. He just felt that this day would be getting better and better if she planned it.
 
Cecilia stood and picked up the platter with the breakfast, bringing it to her beloved in bed. While he ate, she braided his hair, taking then the time to caress his shoulders and back. She knew his scars still bothered him somewhat, but she was sure he knew she loved him exactly as he was.

When he finished eating, she took the time to slowly kiss from the nape of his neck to his shoulder blades. "My love," Lady Cecilia said, in between breaths, "what would you like today? I thought that maybe we could go riding and spend the day alone, secluded somewhere, or go to the village. See and be seen, you know, let your people congratulate you on your birthday. It's your 25th, it's an important date!"

Cecilia had something big planned for dinner time, but it was still a secret- she wanted to surprise him! Since it was really his day, she thought it would be best to let him chose what he wanted to do.
 
Beoulve smiled, enjoying the feel of his love braiding his hair. When he felt her fingers run along his scars, he had to stay in place and not move away. He sucked in his breath and then leaned back, trusting her fully. He was enjoying the breakfast.

When he felt her lips on his neck, Beoulve lost his train of thought for a minute. He smiled and shivered, and then thought about the question she asked him. He knew what he would like, and knew that his people weren't likely to celebrate his 25th quite yet. He also wanted a day with just his beloved.

He looked at Lady Cecilia and smiled. "Just a day with you, no one else," he said softly. He took her hand and put it right above his heart. He was content just being with her.
 
Cecilia could not promise there would be no one else in their day, but Beoulve didn't need to know about it. She helped him get dressed and the pair rode to Beoulve's special place on the far end of the orchard. They spent their morning there, Cecilia doing all she could to keep her beloved in her arms. They cuddled and kissed all morning, Princess Cecilia showering her beloved with declarations of eternal love and with attention.

At noon, when it was a little warmer despite the snow, Cecilia and Beoulve played in the snow. They laughed and had a fantastic time together, Cecilia taking every opportunity to sneak up behind him and hugging her Prince.

When they were tired, they returned to the castle, Cecilia making sure they entered through the kitchen, saying she wanted to warm herself up a little and that the fire in the kitchen was much warmer. The couple went back to Beoulve's room and took a warm bath, still cuddling and touching every chance that they had like only couples who are very much in love do.

Lady Cecilia dried herself off and dried her Prince as she often did. She put on the white and gold cotehardie Beoulve had given her when he was informed her ransom could not be met. She insisted that he put on his best clothes as well, saying that his 25th birthday was a very important occasion. She took his arm and, together, they made their way to the dining hall. All was silent, too silent even, but Cecilia knew what it was.

As soon as Beoulve pushed the door open, all his dearest cousins and closest friends, as well as his sister and brother-in-law yelled "Surprise!". Cecilia and Cordelia had arranged Beoulve a surprise dinner to celebrate his birthday. There were not a lot of people, it wasn't the biggest celebration the Palace had seen, but Cecilia hoped he would enjoy it. There was music and all his favorite foods and everyone was in a festive mood.
 
Throughout the day Beoulve had had a sneaking suspicion things were being hidden from him. He was just hoping they would get to stay curled up in bed. When Cecilia had all but insisted that they go to his thinking room, he smiled and nodded. He just wanted to take today off. He hadn't told anyone, leastways Cecilia about the fact that his mother had been killed on his birthday. Well, murdered was the better word. Cordelia didn't remember the date or details, only that she grew up without a mother. Unfortunately Beoulve had been present when it happened.

He shook the memories off and tried to enjoy the day with his beloved. He was happy that she continually wanted to hold onto him. He needed that more than anything. He wanted her to be happy, so decided to put on as strong of a face as he could. He showered her with love and affection as well.

When they decided to go out in the snow, Beoulve finally let himself go, enjoying the moment. He smiled as they both got wet and cold. He quickly suggested they head back to the castle to warm up, not wanting to get sick, or for Cecilia to get sick either.

When Cecilia suggested they head through the kitchen, he knew what was coming. He wasn't the heir to the throne for nothing. He smiled and just went along with things, putting on the faces for what he knew would be happening. He enjoyed the bath, and was happy that they got to spend time together. When she told him to dress in his best, Beoulve just did as he was told.

As they made their way to the dining hall, Beoulve tried to act surprised. As everyone jumped out, he put on his act, knowing that only his sister could tell what was going on. He knew Cecilia would think he was enjoying the party, and that was what he wanted. He smiled and started to mingle, the happiness only on the surface. Anyone who truly looked into his eyes would see that he didn't want to be there, yet he pushed on, hoping for some solitude later.

He caught Cordelia watching him, and made his way to her. He picked her up, genuinely happy to see her. "Dear sister, how are you?" he asked.

"Better than you," Cordelia said, her knowing gaze telling Beoulve all he needed to know.

"Not a word," Beoulve said, his tone completely serious.

Cordelia just smiled and then kissed his cheek before whispering, "As you wish, brother." She pulled back and smiled, her eyes full of sorrow for him. She had an inkling as to why he felt the way he did, but did not want to pry. He would tell her, and Cecilia, when he was ready to.
 
"What is the matter, sister?" Cecilia asked as she saw Cordelia talk to Beoulve and pay him more attention than usual.

"Nothing, dear Cecilia, I just missed my brother." Said Cordelia taking her future sister-in-law's hands in hers. The two Princesses talked for a moment and Cecilia then went to find Beoulve.

"You beautiful eyes look sad, my love. I am very sorry I went overboard. It will not happen again" She whispered, truthfully, taking his hand and pasting on a smile on her face, as fake as his own.

After the honey cake, Beoulve's favorite, had been cut, Cecilia took a plate with two slices and put it in front of her beloved. "Please give me an honest smile, Beoulve, I cannot stand seeing you like that. I though I would make you happy."
 
Beoulve smiled at Cecilia. "It's not you, dearest. It's just a bad memory of what today represents. I can tell you later if you'd like," he said. He ate the cake, happy to have this amazing woman as his soon to be wife. He looked down and then pushed the place back quickly.

Beoulve made his way to his sister and then looked at her. "If you would like, meet with Cecilia when she comes to my room. There's something I think you know, but I haven't fully told you. Please, no questions now, but if you want to know, follow Cecilia when she comes to my room." was all he said as he thanks the guests, then excused himself.

He motioned for Cecilia to give him a little time. He made his way to his room and quickly sat down, staring into the fire. He was trying to prepare himself for what he was about to say, but he just couldn't seem to stop shaking.

"Brother, we are here," Cordelia said softly, placing her hand on her brother's shoulder. She could feel him shaking, and then looked at Cecilia, motioning for her to let her brother alone. She knew he needed to just speak, not be held or caressed. If he was going to say what he needed to say, it would have to be said before anything else.
 
Cecilia entered the room worried, but as soon as she saw Beoulve shaking, it was just as if she had died inside. She knew he did not really enjoy parties, but she had no idea a birthday party would have this effect on him.

Under normal circumstances, Cecilia would give a second thought to the fact that Cordelia was allowed to touch him when she was not, but the situation just looked and felt so serious, her jealousy allied to her complete devotion were the least of her cares.

Trying as hard as she could, Cecilia managed to hold back her tears at seeing her beloved suffering so much. It just was not right. She wanted to hold him in her arms, take care of him and make his cares go away as one does to a children. The ever-so-powerful Prince, the man who could fight battles and was brave enough to throw himself in front of an arrow to save her father, the lover, the person she knew him to be was suffering and she wanted to comfort him more than anything else.

However, she stopped and listened carefully to his words.
 
Beoulve turned and took a deep breath. He could see how much Cecilia wanted to hold him, but he softly shook his head. His eyes said thank you, as he finally stopped shaking. He knew he owed both of them an explanation as to why he did not like his birthday.

"Our mother was murdered on my birthday when I was 7, Cordelia. You didn't remember because you were with your nurse at the time. Mother was with me, spending the day outside. When we were getting ready to go inside, a man popped out from the shadows, and stabbed mother until she was dead. He then turned towards me, but took several arrows in the chest, one of them being mine. The guards had arrived too late. When the murderer was searched, he was found to be holding documents from a foreign kingdom, ordering the death of our mother, and anyone else he could kill," Beoulve said, taking a breath.

He paused to collect his thoughts. He quickly began again. "I spent several years blaming myself. I thought that if we hadn't been outside, she wouldn't have died. During that time, father always tried to bring me out of my shell around my birthday, but it did not work. After a while, I came to despise my birthday. It meant everything that should have been normal in my life was gone," he finished.

He quickly stepped to Cecilia and hugged her, whispering, "Thank you for the party. You did nothing wrong, but this day has never been kind to me. I should have told you sooner, but knew that Cordelia needed to know."

He stepped back and looked at Cordelia. She was standing there, staring at him, tears in her eyes. "Brother, you should have never done that to yourself. Mother would not have wanted that, and you know it. I'm sad that the reason I never got to know my mother was because of a grudge, but you should know better than to cut off a part of your life," she said sternly. She stepped to him and slapped him softly, driving the point home, before stepping closer and hugging him. She knew that he would have done it anyways, since it was just who he was. She was just happy that he had been open and honest now.

Beoulve took a step back and took Cordelia's hand, and then Cecilia's as well. "Thank you for letting me be rid of that burden. Mother will never leave me, but maybe I can start enjoying my birthday now," he said quietly, a genuine smiled finally starting to creep across his features.
 
Cecilia felt better for Beoulve as he hugged her and stepped back a little while he and Cordelia talked. In a way, she felt like an outsider; and indeed she was. The love Beoulve and Cordelia shared was something she had never and would never know. This was a family matter now, more than anything, and while she felt terrible for Beoulve and Cordelia, she did not want to pry.

She watched as they hugged, sending a prayer to her God to ask that if she was blessed enough to have more than one child with her Prince, the siblings would love each other like the son and daughter of the House Of Cragmore loved one another.

Lady Cecilia's heart warmed when he took her hand and she saw a smile starting to appear, even if it was a sad one. It was progress. Cordelia kissed Beoulve's cheek and so did Cecilia, a gesture they hoped to show unconditional love for the man holding their hands.

Cordelia left and Cecilia took both of Beoulve's hands in hers. She looked deep into those beautiful grey eyes that held so much she could only guess but never know. "I love you, Beoulve. You are the best man I have ever known. Yes, you are very handsome, but what I love the most is your heart. Know that I will never leave your side. My love..." She said, cupping his chin with her small, cold hand. "Now please smile for me. There is nothing better in this world than your smile."
 
Beoulve looked at Cecilia, and gently cupped her chin. He leaned in and kissed her softly, then pulled away, smiling. "Thank you for that, beloved. You can't begin to understand how much it means to me that you are this supportive," he said softly, resting his forehead against hers. He knew that he was indeed completely in love with her.

Beoulve sat back down and watched as Cordelia nodded to him. He knew she understood why he had kept it to himself. She also knew that he had this burden finally lifted. Beoulve was now free to be able to move forward.

Beoulve smiled again and sat down on their bed, waiting for Cordelia to head to her husband. He smiled at her and then nodded, knowing she'd know how thankful he was for listening and understanding. He smiled as she walked out, then looked at Princess Cecilia.

"Darling, I want to thank you for the party. I know that it isn't normally my cup of tea, but I still want to let you know that I was happy that you thought of me," he said quietly, pulling her down onto his lap. He held her close, happy to have the woman he loved in his arms finally. This was what he had really wanted all day. He kissed her neck softly to let her know that he was finally happy and at peace.
 
Cecilia was glad Beoulve seemed happier, her beloved's happiness was all she wanted. The two lovers spent the night together, making love and still professing their adoration for one another. Lady Cecilia did not fall asleep in her beloved's arms until morning.

Time went by, Cecilia giving her all to care for her Prince and help arrange everything for the wedding though she was at Cragmore. Her days were spent writing letters and lists, her nights were spent making sure Beoulve had all he could possibly want.

Christmas was approaching at a very fast pace, and soon Cecilia and Beoulve, along with Cordelia, her husband and some servants had to travel to Rengor. Due to the snow, it was quite a long journey, but in Beoulve's company, Cecilia could stand anything.
 
Beoulve was slowly growing happier and happier as he and Cecilia spent more time together. He was finally coming out of his shell, if slowly. It was just a painful process to get over the loss of his mother, even if it had happened so long ago.

Beoulve was preparing for traveling to Rengor, slowly packing the things he would need. He and Cecilia spent much of their time together, trying to make up for the week they would have to spend apart before the wedding.

Beoulve was finally packed when the caravan was ready to leave. Everyone could have their own coach if they asked, but was happy that Cordelia and Carock were riding together, and that he and Cecilia were riding together. He was more ready than ever to be married to the woman he loved.
 
It took everyone a while to settle in, to get to know their way around Rengor's Castle, but soon all was working in perfect order. Queen Eleanor helped her daughter with every last detail of the wedding arrangements as well as Christmas preparations, giving her the perfect excuse to spend as much time as possible with her daughter.

Christmas Eve came and Cecilia rested, spending the day with Beoulve. It was the last day they they'd get to spend together until their wedding, in the New Year. Lady Cecilia was not looking forward to spending a week without her Prince by her side, the reasons for this tradition were very obscure to her.

"Beloved, I will hate having to spend this week apart." Cecilia said, pulling Beoulve to a dark corner where they were hidden from all others. "I will miss you so, my Prince. Your embrace, your lips, your presence... how will I ever make it, Beoulve?"
 
Beoulve grimaced at the thought. He wasn't looking forward to spending the week away from Lady Cecilia, but knew that it was a requirement for Rengor weddings. He took a deep breath and then thought. He finally found his answer, and slowly started to speak.

"My love, we are just going to have to find a way. Just think about how much I love you, and how much you love me, and maybe we can make it through the week. We also just have to remember that in that week's time, we will end up being married!" he said, his excitement showing.

That one thought was what Beoulve was going to hold onto to make it through the week. It was going to be hard, but he was prepared to do that right after Christmas. He just wanted that week to fly by, and knew he would be absent for much of the time, training with Carock to take his mind off of missing his love.
 
One day passed, Cecilia trying to keep busy to distract herself from her beloved's nearness and absence at the same time. Two days passed, Cecilia over-exhausting herself on purpose so she would sleep all night. Nothing seemed to work, Cecilia's mind could only focus on her beloved.

On the third night, Cecilia was so nervous and anxious she thought she couldn't control herself anymore. She asked her servant to lock her door and take the key with her. The fourth day came and Cecilia started to feel physically sick. It was the longing for her beloved, she was sure.

That night, however, she decided she could not sacrifice her health and happiness just to keep a tradition. Besides, nobody would have to know she broke it. Quietly and quickly, Cecilia escaped and knocked on Beoulve's door, ready to beg to be let in if it was the case.
 
Boulve started training with Carock, spending long hours in the sparring room at castle Rengor. By the end of day one, he was physically exhausted, but his mind was focusing on Cecilia. He continually tried to think of something else, but he couldn't sleep.

The second and third days were much the same, only the physical exhaustion just made it worse that he couldn't be near his beloved. He was going stir crazy. Being locked away from her when he knew she was right there made him want her even more.

Finally, Beoulve had enough. He wanted her, and needed her. He was going to sneak out and see her, when he heard a knock. He opened it and smiled as he saw Cecilia. He started to hug her and then suddenly stopped, finally realizing why they were kept apart.

"Beloved, you need to go back to your room. We need to abide by these traditions, otherwise we will live with knowing that we cheated this part. I want to see you, and want to hold you, but we have to stick with this, okay?" he said, knowing that it was for the best that they stayed apart. He wanted her, but knew it would be better if they stuck with tradition.
 
"Beoulve" Cecilia said, holding on to her beloved "Let us forget tradition for tonight. I would live in sin with you if I had to. I do not care about anything except the warmth and comfort and love I feel by your side. My love cannot wait a moment longer, Beoulve. I had you in my arms and now, not having you, is sheer torture." Cecilia said, desperation in her voice.

"Please, my love, let me stay in your arms tonight. I want..." Lady Cecilia was interrupted by a wave of dizziness and had to hold on tight to Beoulve's strong arms to prevent her from falling.
 
Beoulve pulled Cecilia into his room. Without warning he crushed her to him, not wanting to let her go. He knew they needed to adhere to tradition, but he did love Cecilia, and not having her in his arms was tearing him apart. He wanted to tell King Rengor that tradition would change, and change drastically if this was to be done with every wedding. His love for Cecilia was making it almost too difficult to get through the day.

"Cecilia, my love, I want you here more than anything. I've missed you for way too long. I feel like I'm going to go crazy. Cordelia came to me today and told me that if I don't stop taking my frustration out on Carock while we train, she would find Rengor and show him why their traditions were going to result in a bad week," he said, before kissing Cecilia passionately
 
Cecilia kissed Beoulve back, giving her beloved her very soul. "I would live in sin with you, Beoulve. People will only know we could not contain ourselves if we tell them. Please let me stay tonight, will you?"

Lady Cecilia wanted her Prince's touch and was prepared to say and do whatever for Beoulve to let her stay. She kissed him even more passionately before he had time to answer, hoping that if he was planning on refusing her request her kiss had the power of changing his resolve.

The kiss was passionate, Cecilia was now bolder than she had been before and was comfortable kissing and touching her soon-to-be husband. She held him tight by his waist, her lips pressing against his, her tongue encouraging Beoulve to part his lips so that she could suck and nibble on his bottom lip. Soon, her tongue was dancing his Beoulve's, tasting and exploring, showing him how much she missed him. Cecilia broke the kiss to whisper words of love in her beloved's ear.
 
Beoulve loved the kiss. He could tell it was designed to make him give in, but he knew that it was also useless. He would give in completely without her trying to tempt him, but he was more than happy to kiss her. His lips opened as his tongue snaked out, enticing hers into his mouth. He started to gently suck on her tongue, then nipped at her lips, more happy than he had been in the past few days. He knew he would have had it very hard to resist her if she came to his door, and now it was proving to be true.

Beoulve broke the kiss and then pulled Cecilia into his room. "Beloved, it would be better if we didn't stand out in the hallway, broadcasting that we were breaking tradition. Now, come inside so that we can get comfortable," he said quietly, wrapping his arms around her, happy to be holding her again.
 
"Beloved, let us forget tradition. Kiss me, my love, quench my thirst for you."

Cecilia held Beoulve as close to her as she could, leading him further into his own bedroom. She kissed him more and more, passionately as if they had been apart a year, and not a few days. Their wedding day was soon, but young spirits filled with passion could not be kept apart. Cecilia kissed Beoulve for what could have been hours, but was not more than a few minutes.

Beoulve's kiss felt even better than before, as if it was new almost. She could never have imagined a few days without her lover's lips could make such a difference. Maybe, just maybe, there was a reason for the tradition.
 
Beoulve looked down at Cecilia and smiled. He couldn't remember the last time her kisses felt this good. Maybe there was something to say about waiting this long to see her. He lost himself in the kiss, happy to be finally with her again. He believed in tradition, especially if they made her kisses feel like this. He didn't want to be separated from her though.

"My love, what should we do though? What happens if someone finds out?" he asked, wanting to make sure that there would be no danger of anything being ruined for either of them. He didn't want to lose his love, especially as close as they were to finally becoming one.
 
Back
Top