Immortal Love (Closed for Veroe)

She watched the anger and could not understand why this guy walked away from her mother tonight after the attack but no one ever accused too many immortals of being sane according to Gitana so he was probably no exception.

I don't know any name for him. Like I said they don't like talking about him around me Frank thinks I will go after him.

She moved with him taking the sword a brow raised but followed his instruction. She was not sure how much she should show that she knew as what Gitana had taught her was not the "current" proper general public version of gumtoogi Hwa Rang sword fighting but she also wanted this guy to understand she could possibly protect her mother without him if she had to. She raised a brow as he took stance and spoke. Dropping to one knee she brought the sword around at the his leg. To her it was simple take their legs out of the equation and she might have a better chance in the fight.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

He widened his feet and crouched into a classic horse stance. "Come attack me."

Alain's brows rose up as Sonam dropped to one knee at that, and sweeped low to slice the sword through his right leg. He stepped back narrowly missing having his shank sliced open.

"Impressive, you have some skill already," He told her, "But the Jin is poor at slicing. It's used to peirce and stab. Try again, Kid."
 
She growled a little at being called kid. He was acting like Frank used to before she called him an old man and nearly broke his nose.

Fine gramps... lets try again...

The main thing she had been shown by Gitana from Hwa Rang was the leg strike a gut strike leveling her opponent to her level and then remove the head. This he said was more stabbing than slicing so that would be a new venture... maybe more like knife fighting She closed her eyes for a second as she moved through clearly something she was being taught a slicing motion to the right then to the left and stabbing downward opening her eyes she stepped closer and moved through it again not sure how she would feel if she hurt him since her mother cared so much for him.

Thats about all I know the sword bit take out the legs take out the chest or gut then... take the head Gitana taught me just enough to to do what might someday have to be done to protect mom.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

"Impressive, you have some skill already," He told her, "But the Jin is poor at slicing. It's used to peirce and stab. Try again, Kid."

"Fine gramps..." She growled, "lets try again..." She closed her eyes and stepped forward with another low slice followed by a quick stab and a large sweep up to quickly decapitate. Alain kept just out of the reach of the blade though he had to admit it wasn't nearly as easy as he would have liked. Sonam clearly had some talent, and had learned well from this Gitana person.

"Gramps is it," He mocked, "In my day we respected our elders."

He reached out and pulled from a cannister by the door an umbrella, classic black with a hooked wooden handle. He extended it between them. "I'll admit you have been taught well, but let's see how well you apply your lessons now in a fluid environment."

He lunged opening the umbrella in her face blocking her view of him. When she moved to knock it aside with her sword hand, cutting a deep rend in the fabric, Alain pulled back on the switch reclosing the umbrella and binding the sword within as his freehand shot out and did not stop until his fingertips froze pressing against her throat.

"You have skill and determination, Sonam, but battlefields all over the world are filled with skilled and determined men, and most of them don't live long enough to look their enemies in the eye," He pulled his hand away and took the Jin and returned it reverently back to its place of honor on the wall. He threw the ruined umbrella in the nearest wastebasket. "You want to protect Selena, kiddo. Fine. I want to meet this mysterious man that frightens her so much. I want to look in his eyes as he loses his head."

He held his hand out for her to meet in a handshake. "Do you want that too? If so then we have alot of work ahead of us, if that's the result we're going to achieve."

When she had given him her answer he stepped back over to the kitchen and pushed the bags of liqour into the wastebasket atop the broken umbrella. He didn't need them anymore.
 
She knew what Gitana had taught her was as best of an insta kill for immortals as she could so the girl might live. She had not taught her any more and seemed hesitant to teach her any more ever again. Maybe this Alain would be of some use after all he could teach her what Gitana would not. Shaking hands with him she nodded.

I will protect my mother no matter if the rest of you keep giving into her running in the name of protecting everyone. You think you can take this monster out? Prove it... Lets go hunting... those mortal goons can't be that hard to find... more than likely quasi local muscle for hire that bimbo probably acquired for him. Was it me or did she look alot like mom?

She watched him dump the alcohol and smirked a little to herself.

Wise call... Only met one of your kind that was remotely decent with a sword drunk and well you don't look Korean. So Lets go hunt the goons and get some answers.

She started back towards the door looking to him to see if he was going to follow or be like Frank mom and Gitana and try to stop her.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

He held his hand out for her to meet in a handshake. "Do you want that too? If so then we have alot of work ahead of us, if that's the result we're going to achieve."

Sonam reached out and took his hand. She had a firm decisive grip. Alain liked that about her, and could sense some of Selena in her. Looking away from her privately he had always known Selena would've been a wonderful mother. They would never have been able to have a child of their own, but they could have adopted young homeless children like Sonam here, or his poor poor Enri during the war.

But those were dreams of another lifetime, another Alain. Now he never sought out to build the family forever denied to him. Burying Enri was the last death of a child he'd ever have to endure.

"I will protect my mother no matter if the rest of you keep giving into her running in the name of protecting everyone." Sonam stated snapping him back to the present.

"The reason she never told me about him, kid," He told her, "Is because she knew I would stand and face this man. She probably thought I wouldn't be able to beat him. It hurts me that that was her oppinion of my skills with the sword. She thought protecting me from fighting this mystery-man meant cutting all ties and running."

"You think you can take this monster out? Prove it..." She nodded, "Lets go hunting... those mortal goons can't be that hard to find... more than likely quasi local muscle for hire that bimbo probably acquired for him."

"I can beat him. I will beat him," He said with determination then shook his head, "Those guys were pros, mercenaries. I recognized how the guy that shot me held his gun, his stance...former Israeli Mussad. They weren't trying to hurt us just to frighten Selena, probably the mystery-man's orders. I don't think the 'bimbo' as you put it was strictly their boss. I'm not sure what their chain of command's like but I don't think she was precisely the one giving their orders."

"Was it me or did she look alot like mom?"

He nodded again to that, "I noticed that too. Creepy."

When he dumped the alcohol Sonam stated, "Wise call... Only met one of your kind that was remotely decent with a sword drunk and well you don't look Korean. So Lets go hunt the goons and get some answers." She headed for the door.

When she looked back to see if he was coming Alain shook his head. "There's too many unknowns here. The big one being who is this mystery-man. First thing we do is gather intelligence. We sleep for the night and in the morning we'll find them, and watch them, and learn everything we can of them. Then and only then will we move against them."
 
You gotta make this all about you... If she has been dealing with this guy as long as it sounds... he is ANCIENT! It may not be that she did not have faith in your ability but knew his ability or tricks really well.

So what do we know about this guy... He apparently has a standing army... even if its a small one... an almost carbon copy of mom... but still wants mom to the point of hunting her through out time... He is not sane... or at least does not appear that way to people... He has hunted and hurt mom for centuries... And she is terrified of him for whatever reason to the point of not being willing to risk anyone to be free of him.

She sighed sitting down when he said they would sleep tonight and look for them tomorrow.

He sounds like a real piece of work... what does your CIA training tell you?
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

When she looked back to see if he was coming Alain shook his head. "There's too many unknowns here. The big one being who is this mystery-man. First thing we do is gather intelligence. We sleep for the night and in the morning we'll find them, and watch them, and learn everything we can of them. Then and only then will we move against them."

"You gotta make this all about you..." Sonam pouted, "If she has been dealing with this guy as long as it sounds... he is ANCIENT!"

"Age does not determine the victor in a battle," He told her.

"It may not be that she did not have faith in your ability but knew his ability or tricks really well."

"No one is invicible," He shook his head, "This mystery-man isn't either. I will never beleive he can not be beaten. The main advantage he has against us is our lack of information about him."

"So what do we know about this guy... He apparently has a standing army... even if its a small one... an almost carbon copy of mom... but still wants mom to the point of hunting her through out time... He is not sane... or at least does not appear that way to people..." She said ticking off points, "He has hunted and hurt mom for centuries... And she is terrified of him for whatever reason to the point of not being willing to risk anyone to be free of him."

"Not nearly enough," He shook his head, "Tomorrow we start tracking down his goons. Then we wait and watch and learn, Kiddo." He raised a finger chidingly between them. "It will take time, and it will look like we're not accomplishing much, but don't believe it. Patience and caution is the name of the game here. Its the only way to face this guy."

"He sounds like a real piece of work..." She said flopping onto his sofa, "What does your CIA training tell you?"

He crossed over to a closet and pulled out a blanket and pillow. "It tells me its foolish to make assumptions on so many unknowns. And that its getting late and we both have a full day tomorrow."

He held out the blanket and pillow for her. "You have the couch, its not exactly the ritz I know, but it beats the floor."
 
Patience was not one of her strong suits but at least crashing here she did not have to worry about ending up with Gitana at the temple but how long did they have before mom took off. Wait there was that... mom was planning on running again.

We also have to figure out a way to get her not to run... Frank won't stop her... he will just find her later according to some of the others he has dealt with this with her before. Gitana won't stop her... I can't stop her she is decided that I am going to stay with Gitana. So... that leaves... YOU! Its going to be pointless to go after them if they follow her and are on the move.

Nodding about sleeping on the couch she nodded.

Better than what they call a bed at the temple.

Sitting on the couch she was still thinking on all of this...

One... How do we stop mom?

then two how do we find out all we need to know about them?
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

"We also have to figure out a way to get her not to run..." Sonam said.

That gave Alain pause. He wasn't sure how to feel about it. He still loved Selena, had never stopped loving her even after Venice and all these years, but....but love was nothing without trust to go with it.

"Frank won't stop her... he will just find her later according to some of the others he has dealt with this with her before. Gitana won't stop her... I can't stop her she is decided that I am going to stay with Gitana." She continued, "So... that leaves... YOU! Its going to be pointless to go after them if they follow her and are on the move."

"What," He asked, "How does this Frank person find her? I searched for years and never found her."

He turned and spread her blanket over the couch cushions followed by her pillow. "I think he may know more than he's letting on. What do you say before we search for the mystery man's goon squad we go back to the carnival and ask him a few questions? The same for this Gitana woman too. For too long there's been too many unanswered questions, too many secrets, too long in the dark for both of us."

He patted the couch. "There you go."

"Better than what they call a bed at the temple." She replied plopping onto the couch, "One... How do we stop mom?"

"Do you have any idea where she would go?" He said.

"Then two how do we find out all we need to know about them?"

"That I can answer. An operation like theirs new to the city would make some waves in the underworld of the city. They'd need somewhere secluded and quiet to set up as a base. They'd also need supplies. Those millitary grade weapons they carried aren't the type you want to carry in the trunk of your car on the interstate. We put enough feelers to the right people who deal those and we'll find them."
 
He brought up a good point how did Frank find her? Sonam shrugged and got comfortable as she thought on that.

Frank may not look that old but he was in Nam or something like that. Not quite sane but not quite crazy and knows everyone... it actually surprises me that you and Frank don't know each other.

Thinking for a bit she shook her head no.

No idea where mom would go... this guy gets that deep into her head... there is literally no telling where she would go or what she would do to keep everyone safe and stay away from him. That's why you need to figure out how to stop her... She is not going to listen to us. Frank guards anything mom has told him with his life... I really don't think you will be able to get any answers out of him and Gitana... be careful with her. She can affect peoples minds... we were literally 2 feet away from a handful of cops carrying you to mom's train car and they did not see us. I don't know how she does it but I guess its some Immortal thing or just something her old age has brought her.

She laid down but it was strange not to sleep in a moving train. She laid there talking as long as he wanted to.

I can try to talk to mom... She won't listen to me since I am so young and have no idea about how truly complicated the Immortal world is. Personally the way I see it... she still loves you... I have lived in ancient Venice on that train car our whole time traveling with them okay so clearly Venice meant something big to her. From what I gather that was part of her time with you... You will drink yourself stupid for her but refuse to even be remotely civil with her.

Sitting back up she looked dead at him...

Well ya know what Boo Friggin Hoo... So you both have time eternal to to have a pity party life or you can get over yourselves... admit you still love each other had have the happiness that Very few get once much less twice with the same person centuries later. You love her... she loves you... Don't just be willing to end this guy for her because of some past... HELP HER to be free of whatever he has done to that heart spirit and soul you love so much... Kill him and heal her... that is if you love her as much as you "Say" you do...
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

"I can try to talk to mom... She won't listen to me since I am so young and have no idea about how truly complicated the Immortal world is. Personally the way I see it... she still loves you... " She sat up on the couch glaring at him.

Alain looked away at that. "Selena still loves me? Not enough to stay. Not enough to trust me with the truth."

"I have lived in ancient Venice on that train car our whole time traveling with them okay so clearly Venice meant something big to her," She said. "From what I gather that was part of her time with you... You will drink yourself stupid for her but refuse to even be remotely civil with her."

"Me," He said defensively, "I wasn't the one who turned her back on us."

"Well ya know what Boo Friggin Hoo... So you both have time eternal to to have a pity party life or you can get over yourselves..." She sat up glaring at him.

"You don't understand anything, kid." He dismissed turning his back on her.

"Admit you still love each other had have the happiness that Very few get once much less twice with the same person centuries later." She groused, "You love her... she loves you... Don't just be willing to end this guy for her because of some past..."

"And what else is there," He asked turning to look at her over his shoulder.

"HELP HER to be free of whatever he has done to that heart spirit and soul you love so much... Kill him and heal her..." She told him, "HELP HER to be free of whatever he has done to that heart spirit and soul you love so much... Kill him and heal her... that is if you love her as much as you "Say" you do..."

"I can help her, kiddo. I can free her. I can love her," He said shaking his head and heading for the door, "But healing....Live long enough and you'll learn that you can never go back to the good old days. The past no matter how pleasant can never return. Time, life, moves forward never backwards. Its been too long, too many years, and too much pain for what we had to be healed."

He left her then not wanting to go further down this path. He went into his bedroom and locked the door behind him. Then Alain fell onto his bed wanting nothing more than the oblivion of sleep.

Morning came and he awoke still in his clothes. He rolled over and his hand hit the empty space beside him. The space on his bed that would belong to Selena. It was cold and empty without her. It had been cold and empty for too long without her. Every morning a constant reminder of what she had taken from him, and made worse was the fact he had walked away on her-in her time of need.

His fist clenched the bedsheets and he growled.

He would kill this mystery man she feared so much. He would show her that she had torn asunder what they had back in Venice for nothing. He could've defeated him back then, he would have defeated him, had she only trusted in him.

He unlocked the door and entered the living room to find Sonam still asleep on the couch. He shook by her shoulder. "Rise and shine sleepyhead. We have a full day ahead of us."
 
No... I've got alot to do... you don't believe in healing because you don't want to heal. You wanna remain in that pathetic little realm of boo hoo look what happened to me she left she did this she did that. Well let me tell you this... if you would get your head out of your ass stop feeling sorry for yourself you would know that healing exists and you would both be able to help each other heal. Ya wanna know how I know there is healing. One of your kind... leading the Communist soldiers in my province made me at 5 years old execute my own family. His hand on top over mine forcing me to pull the trigger. Selena...your Selena my adoptive mother healed me from the constant nightmares an trauma of that... you wanna know how.... love. But you what the hell do you care about anything but your own pity party filled world.

She shook her head and stood up.

Least you dumped the booze and I didn't have to go to the temple. Thank you for the us of the couch I will let you etc back to your pity party and I will do what I can to protect mom cause why the hell should you care any more like you said its all past and you still don't think she trusted you so why care about her.

With that she started for the door sick of it all and wanting to get this dealt with. So she and her mother could be able to be happy and safe together awayfrom all the BS including this idiot.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

He unlocked the door and entered the living room to find Sonam still asleep on the couch. He shook by her shoulder. "Rise and shine sleepyhead. We have a full day ahead of us."

She awoke and looked up at him replying, "No... I've got alot to do... you don't believe in healing because you don't want to heal. You wanna remain in that pathetic little realm of boo hoo look what happened to me she left she did this she did that. Well let me tell you this..."

Alain reared back sitting in the chair he had owned since the thirties. Man, she was still on about that, and from the minute she woke up, too.

"if you would get your head out of your ass stop feeling sorry for yourself you would know that healing exists and you would both be able to help each other heal. Ya wanna know how I know there is healing. One of your kind... leading the Communist soldiers in my province made me at 5 years old execute my own family. His hand on top over mine forcing me to pull the trigger."

"I'm sorry, kid," He said feelingly reaching out and laying his hand over hers. Like little Enri, war had given him a harsh and all too short life as well.

"Selena...your Selena my adoptive mother healed me from the constant nightmares an trauma of that... you wanna know how.... love. But you what the hell do you care about anything but your own pity party filled world."

"Are you finished yet," He asked. "I suppose you'd like some breakfast before we head out?"

She got up and shook her head still with a stern look on her face, "Least you dumped the booze and I didn't have to go to the temple. Thank you for the us of the couch I will let you etc back to your pity party and I will do what I can to protect mom cause why the hell should you care any more like you said its all past and you still don't think she trusted you so why care about her." With that she turned for the door downstairs to the garage.

"Hey," He called after her, "Wait a second."

He crossed over and grabbed her arm. "From the moment we met all you've done is judge me, kid. Now sit down, and listen to me. I care about her. And despite your presumptions about me. I care about you too. There, happy now?" He crossed to the kitchen and poured her a glass of orange juice and handed it to her. "Now about that breakfast."

He wasn't going to let Sonam go off on her own to face Selena's hunter's by herself. Forget that Selena had adopted her. That was beside the point. Alain had always had a soft spot for war orphans. And he was not about to let her down like he had little Enri back in the great war.
 
You care... you finally find the person you have loved for centuries again and not finding out she was dead and you treat her like SHIT and you expect me to believe you CARE?!?! Seriously how stupid do you think I am?

She was hungry and walked back over to the kitchen area taking the orange juice. Taking a drink she snorted a near laugh as he mentioned caring about her too.

Yeah right you have no idea about me other than I am more willing even as a vulnerable mortal to protect Selena than you appear to be. Prove me wrong... Words only go so far but you wanna talk about the past and all that and why you should not be overjoyed and running back to her and helping her and you both helping each other heal then yeah... lets hear more excuses and whatever else you wanna throw in.

She leaned against the wall drinking the orange juice watching him as if reading his actions carefully... warily. She was sick of the pity party crap and was sure that's all she would hear but she would listen anyway... the longer she was here the less likely she would end up at the temple.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

Alain wasn't about to take the bait of her jibes and condescension. If one lived as long as he had he could recognize the sound of fear talking. There may be some truth to her words. He wasn't blind to that, but he wasn't about to let her push him into a direction he wasn't prepared to take yet. No, the kid wasn't the one to push him back into Selena's arms again. The only ones who could were himself and Selena, both together, in the fullness of time.

Still it didn't mean he wasn't going to take the mystery-man's head, and save Selena...and Sonam too, from their lives of such terrible fear.

"Now for a quick breakfast, kiddo," He stated, "Cereal or oatmeal, and before you say something about wasting time eating when Selena is out there in danger let me just say that you get to appreciate how important a meal breakfast is after you literally starved to death a couple times in your life."

-----------------------------------X

IC: Azzan Rozen

Frank's carnival was pretty much a ghost town this morning, taped and cordoned off with police tape. That was to be expected considering he and his men had shot up the place the day before. But now he approached Frank and held out his hand for the man to shake. He wished the inside of his wrist bore the same tatoo as every other watcher. But the immortal he had been specially selected to observe had somehow learned of the watchers' existence. So Azzan had never received the circular tatoo as he had been inserted among the butcher's mercenary goon squad and worked his way up to the position of trusted lieutenant.

Fortunately he knew Frank, afterall he had been the one to warn him that his guy was in town and moving on Selena. Besides Frank knew everyone.

"Morning Frank," He said his voice thick with an Isreali accent eventhough Azzan had never set foot in his homeland since Hamas had killed his parentsin a car-bombing when he was sixteen, "My apologies for the ruckus yesterday, but I had to keep up appearances."

He hefted the backpack on his shoulder. "I am to set fire to this place. It is meant to be a reminder that Selena cannot run or hide from him ever. I tell you so you can get your people out."
 
Sonam

Sonam shrugged she had heard the food importance speech from Gitana and Mom far too many times to count. She wanted to get to mom and make sure she had not run already and to check on her carnival family and all of that in line with her wanting to wipe out Mystery monster and his people.

Cereal... its quicker.

This one was strange... not quite as strange as Gitana but then again she suspected that few if any were as old as Gitana and age must seriously mess with a persons mind. If not then they would not be having to figure out how to wipe out an immortal monster and his merry band of mongrels. The soldiers however had her mind fighting to go back to memories she really did NOT want to deal with so focusing on mom and Alain being idiots was a way to try to block that past.

Frank

His eyes were steel as he stared at him. It was clear to those that knew what they were looking for he was half there and half lost in a long dead war still protecting and hunting and guarding.

Replacement tent is already up they are on the train... touch it and one of us or not you pay. One in the wind... Your assignment get a hold of her I will end him myself not getting involved be damned.

His voice cold as the grave and twice as dark as he finally shook the mans hand. He knew him and the other three watchers in this town and knew that the man before him was one of the few who understood where his mind was right now and what that could mean.

And I don't mean Selena... Got it?
 
IC Alain De'Montreau

"Now for a quick breakfast, kiddo," He stated, "Cereal or oatmeal, and before you say something about wasting time eating when Selena is out there in danger let me just say that you get to appreciate how important a meal breakfast is after you literally starved to death a couple times in your life."

"Cereal... its quicker," She said impatiently.

He pulled out his box of corn flakes and a carton of milk for her. "There you go." He got two bowls and spoons and poured himself some.

They ate and Alain got dressed and headed downstairs to his Bel Air.

-----------------------------X

IC: Azzan Rozen

He hefted the backpack on his shoulder. "I am to set fire to this place. It is meant to be a reminder that Selena cannot run or hide from him ever. I tell you so you can get your people out."

"Replacement tent is already up they are on the train... touch it and one of us or not you pay," Frank stated with an ominous glint in his eye, " One in the wind... Your assignment get a hold of her I will end him myself not getting involved be damned. And I don't mean Selena... Got it?"

"I know how you feel," Azzan shook his head, "But come on, Frank, don't be like that. It isn't our place to decide which one wins the prize. Besides you wouldn't last two minutes against him. I know, I've seen him. This is someone else's job, one of them....though I don't know which one would have much of a chance against him...maybe one of the highlanders. I hear they both of them have taken down some tough opponents before. Which one took the head of the Kurgan some years back? Maybe he could do it? My guy has already started looking for them to eventually take their heads. Has a few leads on where the younger one is, but still searching for the one that beat the Kurgan."

He pulled out a cigarette, offering another for Frank, and lit it, "Do you seriously want me to find Selena's adopted brat. That'd put me in a very tight conflict of interests, Frank." He took a large satisfying pull from the cigarette, "Besides we already know where she is. We have eyes on De'Montreau after all. He'll be moving on him very soon. You know if I try to stop it he'll be all over me. We can kiss all the effort you and I took getting me close to him goodbye then."

He blew out a thick cloud of smoke, "He's set on taking De'Montreau's head this time. There is nothing I can do save him without making him suspicious or violating our oaths not to interfere. The best I can do is make sure Selena's brat escapes during the ruckus."

He held out the bag containg the jug of gasoline. "Now I'm going to need something to burn in case he has a tail on me. I don't think I've tipped off my cover, but better paranoid than sorry. You taught me that Frank."
 
Frank

Frank snarled.

IF your assignment gets his hands on her... I will end him. That's the bonus about having nothing left to lose. Death fails to have the same meaning to you as it does everyone else. You have DAMN good reason to let her kick your ass and get away... you just don't have clearance to know it.

Taking the cig he took a long puff and seemed to growl again. Most other Watchers would be in edge with Frank like this but then again it was a moment like this and this mindset that had led him to rip a hunter from their order nearly to ribbons barehanded when they had tried to break the rules and abduct and kill immortals.

He nodded and wandered off...

Just remember don't touch the train...

Sonam

Quickly eating a bowl of cereal she sat waiting for him. Walking around looking out the window and thought back to how Frank knew stuff and remembered some conversations they had before and how he always said he expected her to always look after Selena if anything happened to him. The woman who looked like Selena and this mystery man/monster whatever they wanted to call him.

So this "Retiring" as Gitana calls it... is that common for you all to do?
 
IC: Azzan Rozen

He held out the bag containg the jug of gasoline. "Now I'm going to need something to burn in case he has a tail on me. I don't think I've tipped off my cover, but better paranoid than sorry. You taught me that Frank."

Azzan was getting worried over how worked up Frank was getting over this. It was like some of the others said. Frank just cared too much. He had trouble maintaining the objectivity a watcher needed to perform their task. Though oddly the others almost universally respected him despite that.

At his dismissal Azzan left and found some unused tents and things to douse in the gasoline and set a blaze. His job done he reported in and left the carnival grounds.
-------------------------------X

IC: Alain De'Montreau

They ate and Alain got dressed and headed downstairs to his Bel Air.

As they climb into the car Sonam asked him, "So this 'Retiring' as Gitana calls it...

"Yeah," He said putting the keys into the ignition and turning the engine on, "What about it?"

"Is that common for you all to do?"

"For some of us," He said as they pulled out of his garage and onto the street heading back to the carnival grounds, "Some of us live so long that we grow tired of the hustle and bustle, the looking over your shoulder, the need to create a new life every few decades, the dueling and fighting just to keep your head on...the prospect of just finding a pleasant patch of holy ground and becoming the strange old reclusive hermit becomes very appealing."

In the rear view mirror there was a charcoal Chevy Tahoe behind them, keeping its distance, but driving casually-a little too casually. Alain's eyes narrowed as they drove on. His instincts told him it was following them. A glance towards Sonam led him to decide to play along at least for now. With her here in the car it'd be too risky to try and lose them, besides he could wait for the right moment and turn it around and learn who they were and just whom they work for. Spycraft 101.
 
Frank

He made his way to the traincar and got ready. He knew the boy would be careful of Sonam. Respect admiration or out and out fear Frank didn't know and didn't care other Watchers who knew him well enough tended to accept his requests and gave him distance in his darker moments.

He better protect her...

Frank muttered as he prepared for what they would have to do. He even checked his old gear from his days as a soldier including the sword he had been given during the war for what he could barely remember just that it had come with a price... Frank never really left the war. He had bouts where the present was more prominent than the past but the war was always right there below the surface. He was good at what he did as were the hand picked soldiers who had worked with him. Unlike him most of them had found the good grace to escape this modern world but Frank just kept living.

Sonam

So that is what Gitana has done.

Sonam thought for a bit on that and she could not help but wonder what Gitana had done before she found that old temple to hide out in. That mental whatever she had must have come from that time before as well.

Wish you knew Aunt Gitana so you could tell me what she was like before the temple. Kinda curious what would prompt her to take up living in that old stone temple.

She watched him for a moment... something was up... another immortal... or some cop or someone he knew...

Whats up?
 
Last edited:
IC: Alain De'Montreau

"For some of us," He said as they pulled out of his garage and onto the street heading back to the carnival grounds, "Some of us live so long that we grow tired of the hustle and bustle, the looking over your shoulder, the need to create a new life every few decades, the dueling and fighting just to keep your head on...the prospect of just finding a pleasant patch of holy ground and becoming the strange old reclusive hermit becomes very appealing."

She looked thoughtful for a moment and said, "Wish you knew Aunt Gitana so you could tell me what she was like before the temple. Kinda curious what would prompt her to take up living in that old stone temple."

"I didn't get to see her but briefly last night, but I could tell she was old-I mean really old," He replied, "Alot can happen in a lifetime of even a mortal. Alot of pain and regrets and the isolation. Imagine how it is for someone who lived hundreds of lifetimes." His hands tightened on the wheel. There were days where Alain had felt just the same temptation. To throw in the towel at living some semblance of a normal life and just heading over to live with Sifu Yuwei in her monastary.

In the rear view mirror there was a charcoal Chevy Tahoe behind them, keeping its distance, but driving casually-a little too casually. Alain's eyes narrowed as they drove on. His instincts told him it was following them. A glance towards Sonam led him to decide to play along at least for now. With her here in the car it'd be too risky to try and lose them, besides he could wait for the right moment and turn it around and learn who they were and just whom they work for. Spycraft 101.

She was watching so she caught the change in his body language. "Whats up?"

"I may be wrong," He told her glancing surreptitiously at the Tahoe in the sideview mirror, "But I think we're being followed." He looked to her. "It makes sense, if these guys wanted Selena all they would have to do is keep a tail on you until she finds you or take you as bait to lure her out. Which ofcourse I'm not about to let happen, kiddo."
 
Why not?

Sonam looked at him in that strangely calm dead serious tone she called on so well.

They won't kill me. I am no good to them dead especially if this guy seems to want mom as bad as he seems to... kill me lose whatever he thinks he has with her. Then... you tail Mom... Mom finds out about me... she takes off looking for him... you follow her find him... kill him in front of her to show her you can. Hell use what Gitana taught me... Take out the legs take out the gut take the head.

She glanced towards him but looked to the side with just her eyes to see if she could see anyone in the vehicle he was talking about that she remembered from the attack their first night in town.
 
IC: Alain De'Montreau

"I may be wrong," He told her glancing surreptitiously at the Tahoe in the sideview mirror, "But I think we're being followed." He looked to her. "It makes sense, if these guys wanted Selena all they would have to do is keep a tail on you until she finds you or take you as bait to lure her out. Which ofcourse I'm not about to let happen, kiddo."

"They won't kill me. I am no good to them dead especially if this guy seems to want mom as bad as he seems to... kill me lose whatever he thinks he has with her," Sonam looked at him and said in a chillingly cold tone that broke Alain's heart with how she called upon it. This was a child who should be tweeting-or whatever young kids did these days-about boys that smiled at her, not living through such harsh events that hardened her heart so to slip so easily into that tone of voice. "Then... you tail Mom... Mom finds out about me... she takes off looking for him... you follow her find him... kill him in front of her to show her you can. Hell use what Gitana taught me... Take out the legs take out the gut take the head."

He shook his head, "Too risky. Too many things can go wrong with that plan. And most of all Sonam: I will not allow you to be put in such peril. Even if you can take care of yourself that doesn't mean that you should need to do so on purpose. What we should do is-"

Down the street where the fairgrounds Frank's carnival occupied a thick black billowing plume of smoke emerged. Something was burning. He looked at Sonam. "Hang on." And pressed his foot down on the gas. The classic Bel Air roared down the street towards the source of the fire.
 
She saw the smoke too and her anger grew.

Cowards attacked my family again! Thats it... Lets end these goons... NOW!

She sat still but wanted nothing more than to have a gun and at least shoot at the tahoe or whoever was there attacking her family again... then she thought about her mother and Gitana.

~~~~~~~~~

Gitana sat with Tia and her brother and the other children and keeping them calm with Selena's help as a way of conning her into staying hidden. Frank and the others were busy trying to put out the flames and deal with the fire department. Frank and one of the fire chiefs seemed to know each other quite well as they talked.
 
Back
Top