Immortal Love (Closed for Veroe)

Looks like we have a provisions fill up and leg stretcher planned by Frank in Knoxville. Bout half hour outside of town so be ready. Campus is apparently expecting tourists from the train and downtown.
Museum as usual mom there on campus. You and I go every time we stop here. Then that ice cream shop downtown?

Selena nodded to her as she snuggled with Alain.

Yes we can all go that sounds fine.

----------

Valeria was not about to release any codes to anyone. Even if someone did manage to force her they had codes to let the system know it was not truly them. She doubted thst even his Althea would have told him about that.

She shrugged and putting her phone away.

At least they are better protected than they know. Not that there is a soul in that family that would let anything happen to them. We have time I am sure.

IC: Alain De'Montreau

He pulled a blanket over them to preserve any sense of modesty he or Selena might have in front of the young woman. To her he asked, "Hey, kiddo, what's up?"

"Looks like we have a provisions fill up and leg stretcher planned by Frank in Knoxville." She replied not even batting an eyelash at the fact that both of them were completely naked under the blanket except a nod at them, "Bout half hour outside of town so be ready."

Alain leaned up on his elbows and he asked, "I don't suppose this train has a shower on it, huh?"

Sonam didn't even bother to justify that with a response. "Campus is apparently expecting tourists from the train and downtown."

"They're expecting us," He asked reaching for his jeans, "Is that wise fir us to go?"

Sonam looked down to her mother and said to Selena, "Museum as usual, mom, there on campus."

Selena nodded snuggling in tighter to Alain and stilling his efforts to fetch his pants.

Sonam continued, "You and I go every time we stop here. Then that ice cream shop downtown?"

"Yes," She agreed, "We can all go. That sounds fine."

Alain leaned over enough to get a hold of his jeans and pulled them over to him. "Okay, kiddo, give us a few minutes to get ready and we'll head out and look things over out there."

---------------X

IC: Sifu

Sifu nodded wishing she could experience the blind faith of the young again with her. "We will see."

"At least they are better protected than they know." Valeria said with a shrug of her shoulders, "Not that there is a soul in that family that would let anything happen to them."

"They will be safe," She asserted.

Valeria seemed to agree with that, "We have time. I am sure."

She got up, "Come, let us head back to the car. We have many more miles to go before we reach them."

Sonam looked to him.

She was quiet had to get all the info laid out before questions started about if I am ready to take over for Frank. So now to answer your questions.

Every living quarter car like this has a a limited tank shower or bath. Mom opted for bath. There is a shower up in Frank's office car. As for them expecting us it is merely listed as traveling guests day.

With that she turned to go.

You might want to use separate bathrooms you two will be ready by the time we get there.

-------------
Valeria nodded and paid the bill heading to the car.

Let's go we have alot of ground to cover. Supplies in the car no bathroom stops any time soon. Dont want to miss the festivities and the trip.

Last edited:

Alain leaned over enough to get a hold of his jeans and pulled them over to him. "Okay, kiddo, give us a few minutes to get ready and we'll head out and look things over out there."

"Every living quarter car like this has a a limited tank shower or bath." Sonam replied.

Alain turned his head to regard Selena when she called the tub. He doubted either the shower or bath would be large enough for two people. Pity. "I guess that means I will take the shower. Where's the closest one?"

Sonam answered "There is a shower up in Frank's office car."

"I'll take it," He said pulling his jeans up his legs and snapping the them around his waist. "And you're sure that no one will expect us to be there?"

"As for them expecting us it is merely listed as traveling guests day." Sonam put in turning to leave them be as Alain was looking around for his shirt. "You might want to use separate bathrooms."

He grabbed his shirt and made to put it on, "Thanks, kiddo. For what its worth I think you're doing a fine job in Frank's shoes."

He left then for Frank's office to take a quick shower and to get ready for their tourist stop in downtown Knoxville.

Thanks.

Sonam shrugged walking with him away from her mothers cabin car

He has something set up with this leg stretch stop I just know it.

Getting to the office she pointed out the bathroom and the flyer on the exhibition the letter from the watcher on campus about thanking him for his help finishing off the final pieces and instructions for her to be able to get her tattoo whenever she needed to. Then there were the letters and sales receipts shipping tracking paperwork from Cairo Baltimore London all to Tennessee. As well as some antiques dealer in Paris that said. I hope this will help her I know how much she means to you Col.

Sonam just looked to Alain.

Looks like he got to the point that "never interfere" rule went out the fucking window after all.

45 minutes later the train was rolling to a stop across the road from a football stadium along the river.

IC: Alain De'montreau

The train station was situated in the middle of downtown Knoxville. Alain and Sonam led Selena out onto the streets of the city heading closer to the University of Tennessee campus. The sidewalks were full of students heading from off campus parking to their various classes and tourists like them taking in the sights the city had to offer. Along the streets were a variety of attractions, shops to buy T-shirts and hats, restaurants serving southern barbecue to burgers and fries, and musicians and dancers playing country music.

Alain was dressed in a pair of sensible khakis and a light blue button down, and of course he had his guitar case holding his precious sword slung over his back.

He stopped when Sonam pointed out a poster on the side of a building advertising the Ancient culture museum of the 'Relics of the Ancient Desert Priestess'. With a picture of an egyptian style wall carving of a woman dancing with scimitars. They both turned to look at Selena.

"Do you see why Frank wanted you to visit this place now, my love," He asked her.

Selena stopped. Starting at the side of the McClung Museum. She looked from Sonam to Alain and seemed to dig in her heels almost scared to enter.

Mom...

Sonam started to speak.

An older Greek gentleman walked up to them.

My friends... It is good to see you and you bring a friend.

A wary eye turned to Alain till recognition crossed his face.

Sonam allow them a moment we should talk you should still think about college.

They know Solan... Alain I leave mom to you I will join you both here in 30 minutes.

Solan nodded and motioned for her to walk with him.

How... Why...

Selena whispered slowly she let herself be led into the museum. The room to the left held the new exhibit as well as a couple of familiar faces who kept their distance. Someone Alain would know and Donnovan seeming calm and studying each item learning all he can about the priestess. She walked up to each item and was shaking slightly.

Last edited:

"Do you see why Frank wanted you to visit this place now, my love," He asked her.

She stopped staring at the musuem building and the displays advertised of her ancient history. Then she turned to look at her daughter then at him. Alain could see something close to terror in her eyes at the prospect of going inside and walking back through a long abandoned page in her many many lifetimes.

Sonam apparently seeing the same look in her mother's eyes began, "Mom..."

Then an older man walked up to them and began to speak to them, "My friends... It is good to see you and you bring a friend." He cast Alain a questioning look.

"I'm here for my wife to regain her self-confidence," Alain told him softly.

Recognition bloomed on his face and he nodded at him.

Alain nodded back to him in greeting. He had a suspicion that he was a watcher. Confirmed now. Sonam spoke to the old one and after a moment left leaving alone with Selena.

"How... Why..." She asked him.

"We don't have to go in if you don't want to, Selena," He told her reassuringly as he led her by the hand to the door. She didn't fight it. So he continued leading her inside. "But if you ask me...I think you should."

The approached two people waiting for them. Alain tensed seeing them, "You two? How did you know we'd be here? Who else knows?"

Selena had continued on into the wing of the museum housing the exhibit all about her. He followed after her and noting how she was trembling protectively wrapped an arm around her to show his support of her and lend her strength to carry on with this tour of her own past glory.

"Acheron has spent centuries laying seige to the confidence you used to have in yourself." He whispered to her as they came to a mural of her dancing with scimitars on the clay bricks amidst a great battle against the forces of the Pharoahs themselves, "He hasn't taken it yet. Your strength, your power, will never leave you. It lays within you still to this day, my beloved. I hope by the end of this you'll have realized that fact."

Donovan remained back and just nodded to him the other one walked over.

What I can't leave Paris when I need to help with a very special exhibit old friend. However now that you are both here I will make my exit.

With that the McCloud was gone and Donovan simply turned offering a bow to the priestess before leaving as well to the next area. A guard that would remain as long as they were there. His mother hidden elsewhere searching for their enemy.

"Acheron has spent centuries laying seige to the confidence you used to have in yourself." He whispered to her as they came to a mural of her dancing with scimitars on the clay bricks amidst a great battle against the forces of the Pharoahs themselves, "He hasn't taken it yet. Your strength, your power, will never leave you. It lays within you still to this day, my beloved. I hope by the end of this you'll have realized that fact."

They came to a display of scale model of her temple as it stood in the descriptions his wife had explained to him time and again. With obelisks and statues of the Selena as the priestess. On the wall hung replicas of the scimitars she took to battle the tyranny of the pharaohs in a bid to free her people from them. Beside it was a mannequin wearing the robes and headdress she had worn in those days of fine white silk and delicately wrought gold jewelry with rubies and opals inset within them. Beyond that within a glass display case was an ancient clay tablet, broken but painstakingly peiced back together by the researchers that excavated this lost civilization. Beside it was a translation of the hieroglyphs on the tablet from Selena's people singing the praises of her fairness, and compassion, and her great courage.

"It's a lot to take in," He wrapped his arm around her in a comforting hug, "Are you okay with this?"

She looked at each item hearing him she rexoiled some. She had been quite damaged by Acheron and this exhibit did little but lead her mind to that point.

Yes we endured quite a bit at the hands of many warlords and pharaohs. Our people became part of Egypt in time of our own choice. I don't want so see any more of this Alain... Please.

She struggled to walk away from it only to see the still sealed sarcophagus they suspected was this mythical priestess but she knew who was within it. She just stared at the event playing through her mind brutal savage memories assaulting her to her core at that moment leaving her nearly catatonic.

It was just a few days after she had died yet not died. That was when they came... Death and his brethren. Her necklace of Khonsu seemed to mask what she was as they ransacked what was left of the temple. He had grabbed her for himself by allowing her to finish burying her friend and sister priestess even helping as he said something about her commanded him to do so without words spoken. For year's he had protected her from his brethren till one fateful day when the most sadistic of them all took her from him. After days of hearing screams and crying death had tried to reclaim her only to have his commander send her away with another to be killed. The one tasked to kill her was far too kind-hearted to hurt his brother she killed a wild desert rabbit for her and told her to run before taking another rabbit in the sack he had letting the blood soak the bag and tossing it to death when he returned as heir silent understanding that the priestess lived and was free.

Wandering the desert alone was when she found Acheron the necklace gone by now as she had sent it with the rabbit back to her protector... Death. This began her life with Acheron.

Last edited:

"It's a lot to take in," He wrapped his arm around her in a comforting hug, "Are you okay with this?"

"Yes we endured quite a bit at the hands of many warlords and pharaohs. Our people became part of Egypt in time of our own choice." She said turning away from him. "I don't want so see any more of this Alain... Please."

"That's fine, my love," He came after her placing his hands on her shoulders, "We immortals don't tend to live quiet or peaceful lives. So, strolls down memory lane wind up being something similar to stepping through a minefield."

He pulled her back into a warm hug trying to communicate his acceptance and support through body contact alone to her.

He noted the way she was looking at the sarcophagas without apparently looking at it. Gestured to it. "Was it bad, dear?"

When she answered, "Do you want to tell me about it?"

Another life. One of my priestess sisters was buried within what is listed as possibly my sarcophagus. Death... And his brethren... Year's with them hidden somehow by the necklace of Khonsu that I wore. How could two people so kind in their own way end up working with and traveling with two so very dark and evil?

Shaking her head she was drawn out of her thoughts and memories.

After them, I wandered till I foulnd him.

She bit her lip.

I thought I knew pain and suffering at the hands of the others. Acheron tried to be kind and what he believed was loving but only got darker and worse.

He pulled her back into a warm hug trying to communicate his acceptance and support through body contact alone to her.

He noted the way she was looking at the sarcophagus without apparently looking at it. Gestured to it. "Was it bad, dear?"

When she answered, "Do you want to tell me about it?"

"Another life," She answered softly, "One of my priestess sisters was buried within what is listed as possibly my sarcophagus."

Alain processed this information thinking back at the many many friends buried in graves scattered throughout his long long lifetime. He hugged her tighter rubbing her side of her arm. "Just breathe my love. She will live on as long as you remember her and honor her spirit."

"Death... And his brethren... Year's with them hidden somehow by the necklace of Khonsu that I wore." She murmured and his blood froze at the name...he'd heard from a friend about the man referred to as Death of the four horsemen. Thankfully their reign of terror on the ancient world was well and truly before his time, but their legend still chilled the soul of any who heard it...including whoever used it when they wrote the book of revelations in the bible.

She continued, "How could two people so kind in their own way end up working with and traveling with two so very dark and evil?"

"I don't know," He said philosophically, "I only know that in all my time on this earth people prove they are complicated creatures, always finding ways to baffle and infuriate me. Yet at the same time be so kind and give such hope...the constant contradiction helps us old souls move on throughout our endless years."

She shook her head, "After them, I wandered till I found him."

"Him? Acheron?" He asked, "Was he different when you first met him?"

She bit her lip before answering, "I thought I knew pain and suffering at the hands of the others. Acheron tried to be kind and what he believed was loving but only got darker and worse."

His heart fell for her at the words, the pain behind them, the sadness... "What do you want to do, Selena? Do you want to leave this place?"

Yes... Now... Forever away from all of this. Sonam was to meet us here though.

Selena sighed and turned her back hugging tight to Alain. She wanted to run. To get away but she had to be here. Damn Frank and his little outings into her past. Even in death he was still trying to guide her life.

Should we wait for her out front? She will want to see it but maybe we can wait out here while she does. I cannot stay in there close to Pira knowing she died trying to protect me.

His heart fell for her at the words, the pain behind them, the sadness... "What do you want to do, Selena? Do you want to leave this place?"

"Yes... Now..." She sighed leaning in close to him gaining the strength she needed in this moment from Alain's embrace. "...Forever away from all of this."

"This way," Alain led her out of the exhibit to a bench in the lobby of the museum. "Sit here, my love. So you can center yourself again."

As she did he looked around them, "Where's Sonam?"

"Should we wait for her out front?" Selena asked.

Alain shook his head. "I don't like the thought of having you out in the open for who knows how long. We'll wait for her here."

"She will want to see it, but maybe we can wait out here while she does." She suggested and Alain turned a questioning look to her. "I cannot stay in there close to Pira knowing she died trying to protect me."

His heart fell again even further at this. Sonam, Frank, he had all failed here. He had hung his last hope on Selena remembering her power here, but now...she was still this scared, fragile, wounded creature. The amazing and powerful woman he remembered and married and loved with all his heart was gone. She had been murdered in the long long years of running and hiding.

"I see it now, Selena," He said sadly with the weight of regrets and grief underneath it all like the words you'd utter during a funeral. "He will never stop chasing you and you will never stop running from him. That is something I cannot allow to continue, but if I fail again..."

He leaned in before she formulate a response and gave her a kiss. It wasn't a brief peck on the lips. No, this kiss lasted for several moments. This was the kiss of a man that deeply loved this woman. The kiss of a man that needed her more than he ever knew. This was the kiss from a man that knew this would be the last kiss he'd ever share with his wife.

"I'll do my best to stop him," He told her when it ended, "I can give you the address of a friend of mine, another immortal in Paris. His name's Macleod. He's a man of honor. Go to him. He'll protect you and Sonam both."

He wrote the address down and pressed it into her hands then got up from the bench. He looked down on her for a long long moment. "I love you. And that's why I have to go and stop him. I'm sorry."

And then he turned to leave her.

NO! I know both McCloud's and I will stay with neither If them. You returned together we will stay. Or else!

So am and Dr Georgiou walked over. So am moving protectively to her mothers side and The professor pulling Alain to the side a little.

Perhaps Frank was a little presumptuous in thinking that this would be a quick and final fix. I never could see how reminding her of the times she had lost so much was going to be a good thing.

He points to another room. The temple at Karnak replica is in there where the elder McCloud taught her to fight.

He points to another room a few items from her time in Warwick. Including the missing pipe of one very annoying Englishman who she adored and annoyed her to no end. iI believe everyone called him Fitz.

"I see it now, Selena," He said sadly with the weight of regrets and grief underneath it all like the words you'd utter during a funeral. "He will never stop chasing you and you will never stop running from him. That is something I cannot allow to continue, but if I fail again..."

He leaned in before she formulates a response and gave her a kiss. It wasn't a brief peck on the lips. No, this kiss lasted for several moments. This was the kiss of a man that deeply loved this woman. The kiss of a man that needed her more than he ever knew. This was the kiss from a man that knew this would be the last kiss he'd ever share with his wife.

"I'll do my best to stop him," He told her when it ended, "I can give you the address of a friend of mine, another immortal in Paris. His name's Macleod. He's a man of honor. Go to him. He'll protect you and Sonam both."

"No! I know both MacLeod's and I will stay with neither of them," She said with fire and determination in her voice, "You returned together we will stay. Or else!"

He looked at her and he saw for once the passion and drive in her eyes he fell in love with. He reached out and took her in his arms and hugged her tight. "I've missed you so much."

"But you're too scared to look ahead. You're running from him and have never stopped running. I thought maybe you could overcome that fear, but you're too used to running now. It's all you know now." He told her, "As long as he lives you and Sonam will never be safe. So I must stop him."

Then Sonam and the doctor came and Dr. Georgiou took him aside and he pointed some of the other exhibits from Selena's past. "Doctor, thank you for trying, but I'm not so concerned about her past rather than her future right now...I have to do something."

That's just it my young immortal. Would it not stand to reason that showing her times of her strength would work better than showing her when she lost everything and was at her most powerless.

The elderly watcher shrugged.

Then againwhat do I know I only have 80 or so years to live unlike the several 100 or 1000 some around here have. Just a couple of thoughts of other things to look at before you go running off to get yourself killed.

Then Sonam and the doctor came and Dr. Georgiou took him aside and he pointed some of the other exhibits from Selena's past. "Doctor, thank you for trying, but I'm not so concerned about her past rather than her future right now...I have to do something."

Dr. Georgiou turned to him and said, "That's just it my young immortal. Would it not stand to reason that showing her times of her strength would work better than showing her when she lost everything and was at her most powerless."

Alain looked back at Selena, "The way she is right now? I don't know..."

In response to that the doctor shrugged. "Then again what do I know I only have 80 or so years to live unlike the several 100 or 1000 some around here have."

"It's funny," He told her with a consoling smile. "While age can bring wisdom it can also bring an unwillingness to view a situation from a fresh perspective that those younger can see much more clearly."

He shrugged again, "Just a couple of thoughts of other things to look at before you go running off to get yourself killed."

He looked back at Selena and then Sonam, "Perhaps you're on to something. Perhaps the fresh perspective of youth can be just what the doctor ordered here."

He walked back over to the two of them and asked, "Do you two feel up to seeing more of the exhibit or do you want to leave this museum?"

Sonam looked at Georgiou and nodded.

Yeah, let's go look at more of the exhibits. Maybe you and mom can explain to me the point of some of the stuff in here.

Selena simply nodded wanting to be far from the exhibit about her alleged death.

Very well lead the way she tried to smile to both of them as the professor walked off.

IC: Alain De'montreau

He walked back over to the two of them and asked, "Do you two feel up to seeing more of the exhibit or do you want to leave this museum?"

"Yeah, let's go look at more of the exhibits." Sonam suggested, "Maybe you and mom can explain to me the point of some of the stuff in here."

Alain turned to Selena and she said, "Very well, lead the way."

"Right, Let's go back together.
" He took both Selena and Sonam's hands in his and led them back into the exhibit itself.

Sonam walked with them but looked at her phone getting a text from Dr. Georgiu.

Hey mom let's take a look at their English exhibit... Or they have a model of Karnak

Selena nodded Karnak temple would be okay...

Her voice was a little distant as her mind was slowly traveling briefly back in time. Seeing the temple replica she paused starting at the center chamber her head tilted slightly remembering.

Sonam looked to Alain and nodded with a slight smile. She knew where her mother was mentally. Alain back with her and remembering one of the highlanders teaching how to fight better.

IC: Mogoro and Sifu and Acheron

They had reached Eastern Kentucky winding their way through the Appalachian Mountains and had stopped at a ratty motel on the side of the highway for the night. Evening was fast approaching. The sun was lowering behind the ridges of the Smokies, and the shadows cast the motel in the valley between them in deep darkness.

Mogoro sat alone in one room with Masa's calvary saber in his lap running a whetstone over it to sharpen the edge. It had been decades since he'd ever used it to defend himself and decades more since taking someone else's head. But as the happy memories of the all too brief life he'd shared with beloved murdered wife turned to bittersweet ash in his heart. The fire, the flames for vengeance burned within him.

In the other room Sifu sat in the twin beds facing Valeria both with legs criss-crossed beneath them hands on knees facing up finger and thumb pressed together as they meditated together. The clear zen state of mind Sifu had taught them to seek in times like these was difficult to grasp even for her.

There was so much at stake. Their enemy was following after them hoping for them to lead him to his quarry. Sifu knew if that happened before her favorite pupil and the priestess were prepared to stand together and face off against their oppressor.... well, the result would not be the optimal one.

However, they could not just lead him on a merry little wild goose chase either. This defiler, this Acheron, was not the type to take wasting his time with aplomb. No, he was bound to apply pressure on the three of his involuntary hunting hounds any time now.

That was when the loud crack of the sniper rifle interrupted the quiet mountain night. Their car exploding in the parking lot directly after that certainly got their attention. Followed by the loud crack of more sniper fire. The glass shattered in the motel window narrowly missing Valeria's head by centimeters and embedded itself in the motel room's wall behind her.

Sifu pulled her down between the beds and out of view of the sniper as another shot erupted the pillow of Valeria's bed.

That was when she and Mogoro both felt the sudden proximity of a new immortal and close by. He was in the parking lot. That was a new trick even for Sifu, but their oppressor, Acheron, was just outside the door.

"Stay down, little one." She told Valeria with the same uncanny stoic calmness she approached all situations.

The door to the other room slammed open. "Acheron!"

Mogoro pointed Masa's saber directly at the murderer of his wife. "I've been waiting for this. Let's go. You and me. There can only be one."

"Not now," Came his cold cruel mocking voice.

Then the crack of the sniper and Mogoro dropped to his knees. Masa's saber fell out of his grasp. It clattered to the gravel of the motel's parking lot, His other hand clutching the gaping bullet wound in his chest. He'd die from that wound, but he'd live. He fell over lying limp in the parking lot lifeless eyes staring up into the darkening skies.

"Come out, come out, come out. I'm only here to talk." Came that cruel voice. "Oh, and if your feisty little pet mortal shows herself she'll be dead a second later."

Sifu rose to her feet looking down at her student, with only one life to live, so short, so fragile. She had so much of life yet to see. She jabbed her with the forbidden technique, the three-fingered touch of stone. It would immobilize Valeria. She would still be able to see hear and speak...but actually jumping in to interfere with hers and Acheron's conversation and getting herself shot like poor Mogoro...no. She was not going to lose yet another brilliant promising pupil again.

Damn it Sifu!!!!

Valeria roared out. She did not trust that Acheron would not wipe them all out and it's not like Sifu nor Morogo had taken any quickenings I'm a very long time. On the other hand that butcher had managed to maintain a fairly steady roster. Hell if she could she would reach out to someone she knew had been a rather hunter before "seeing the error of his brethren' methods"

_______
Selena Egypt 1700s

I have told highlander the reasons I do not fight are my own. I was hundreds of years old when you took your first mortal breath. For that matter, I was hundreds of years old when your clansman Connor took his first mortal breath.

Humor me... You don't fight so how have ye survived this long? Clearly, ya know how to so what's wrong with a spar or learning another blade-style Priestess? You can't take a head with the spear you practice with. I'll stand right by ya and guide your every step through fighting with a katana.

She sighed with a soft laugh and smile.

Fine... Show me

Last edited:
Back