London Terrorist Attack - What was that about London being safe again?

Read my post again. You quoted it, so you'll see I haven't edited it. Nowhere did I apologize for anything, nor did I attempt to downplay the situation. I did say that I was guessing the attack was payback, but nothing to excuse the idiot.

Are you trying to start shit by lying about me? Or can you just not read English?

And I agree about those restraining the idiot without disabling him.

Early reports indicate the one arrested was a white guy, but I'd say the odds of his religious connections are low. Most likely just a pissed off citizen doing his version of payback. Maybe this will put some pressure on 'moderate' muslims to tell the cops about anyone in their faith that appears to be a radical.

So according to that, the guy was just an ordinary citizen who got pissed off and it is all the fault of the Muslim population for not doing enough to stop the people committing such acts in their name. The guy was a terrorist and you are trying to say that it was the fault of the people he mowed down. That's being a terrorist apologist in my book. It puts you in the same category as radical clerics who like to stir up hatred in order to get someone else to do the killing.

If you had bothered to follow the stories you are commenting on you would know that the police were informed of the radicalisation of the Manchester bomber at least twice. Both came from the mosque he attended. However, we have a government which thinks it a good idea to reduce police numbers and funding to security services in order to fund tax cuts for rich people.

Likewise, one of the borough market killers was reported to the Italian police who claim they passed it on to the British.

Getting pissed off is not an excuse for attacking innocent people and victims of vionce are not to blame

So according to that, the guy was just an ordinary citizen who got pissed off and it is all the fault of the Muslim population for not doing enough to stop the people committing such acts in their name. The guy was a terrorist and you are trying to say that it was the fault of the people he mowed down. That's being a terrorist apologist in my book. It puts you in the same category as radical clerics who like to stir up hatred in order to get someone else to do the killing.

If you had bothered to follow the stories you are commenting on you would know that the police were informed of the radicalisation of the Manchester bomber at least twice. Both came from the mosque he attended. However, we have a government which thinks it a good idea to reduce police numbers and funding to security services in order to fund tax cuts for rich people.

Likewise, one of the borough market killers was reported to the Italian police who claim they passed it on to the British.

Getting pissed off is not an excuse for attacking innocent people and victims of vionce are not to blame

Total self justification and pontificating.

The guy was, apparently, just a guy who was retaliating against Muslims for Islamic terrorism. As far as I've heard he, himself, wasn't part of a terror cell or terror organization. To expand upon that to PRESUME that someone said the victims "deserved it" is ridiculous because handysr didn't say that. Nor did he imply it. Nor did anyone else.

One need only read your last sentence (including the misspellings) to realize that you are upset, angry, and need to regain control of yourself. Because at this point you do sound like an Islamic terrorism apologist.

I think what you mean is that the Mayor could not be bothered. This is described in a different thread.

Total self justification and pontificating.

The guy was, apparently, just a guy who was retaliating against Muslims for Islamic terrorism. As far as I've heard he, himself, wasn't part of a terror cell or terror organization. To expand upon that to PRESUME that someone said the victims "deserved it" is ridiculous because handysr didn't say that. Nor did he imply it. Nor did anyone else.

One need only read your last sentence (including the misspellings) to realize that you are upset, angry, and need to regain control of yourself. Because at this point you do sound like an Islamic terrorism apologist.

Handysr said
Maybe this will put some pressure on 'moderate' muslims to tell the cops about anyone in their faith that appears to be a radical.

First of all they have been reporting them and second there is a clear implication that their percieved failure to do so contributed to the attack.

If I was an apologist for Islamic terror I would say that the Manchester bomber was just a man getting a little payback for all of his countrymen killed by western bombs. I would then go on to say that perhaps now the west might come to their senses and put pressure on their politicians to get the hell out of his country. I did not say that.

Neither argument excuses the deed. Murder is murder. There is never an excuse or justification for it.

It has now been established that the Finsbury Park attacker was a follower of an anti-Islamic group called Britain First. These are people who advise their followers to prepare for a civil war. It was one of their followers who murdered the MP, Jo Cox. He was apparently pissed off because she wanted to stay in the EU, so that's alright then, isn't it? I mean the man was pissed off right.

I think what you mean is that the Mayor could not be bothered. This is described in a different thread.

Yes and as has already been stated in a different thread, The Mayor of London has no control over the Metropolitan Police or the security services. Both answer to the Home Secretary Amber Rudd, a member of Central Government. Before that, it was the responsibility of our glorious leader Theresa May. She was so concerned that she cut the security budget and sacked thousands of police officers. If there is a failing, that is where it lies.

TThe guy was, apparently, just a guy who was retaliating against Muslims for Islamic terrorism. As far as I've heard he, himself, wasn't part of a terror cell or terror organization.
What an ignorant premise. :rolleyes:
You don't have to be a member of a group to engage in terrorism.

What an ignorant premise. :rolleyes:
You don't have to be a member of a group to engage in terrorism.

Never said it was a requirement.

OTOH, in this case it seems to be just a white guy upset over the recent terrorism and going off the deep end.

Not all mass killings are automatically terrorism. Terror FILLED but not terrorism.

OTOH, in this case it seems to be just a white guy upset over the recent terrorism and going off the deep end.

Not all mass killings are automatically terrorism. Terror FILLED but not terrorism.

You're right. Terrorism has a definition in law. If the act of violence meets that definition it is terrorism. If it doesn't, it's not terrorism.

The problem arises where different countries have different definitions.

Terrorism is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of law.

Then why would you include a factoid in your statement, since it has no bearing whatsoever as to whether or not he was trying to incite terror?

If the act of violence meets that definition it is terrorism. If it doesn't, it's not terrorism.

The problem arises where different countries have different definitions.

Terrorism is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of law.
I would say yes and no. Legally, of course, but it also depends on people's reactions.

For instance, terror attacks in the US certainly are attempting to create terror, but I'm not terrified because I know the chances of being killed or injured by some everything day I do are exponentially greater than by a terrorist attack. So, for me, their attempts fail utterly.

Then why would you include a factoid in your statement, since it has no bearing whatsoever as to whether or not he was trying to incite terror?

If you're going to nit pick, at least pick legitimate nits.

I would say yes and no. Legally, of course, but it also depends on people's reactions.

For instance, terror attacks in the US certainly are attempting to create terror, but I'm not terrified because I know the chances of being killed or injured by some everything day I do are exponentially greater than by a terrorist attack. So, for me, their attempts fail utterly.

I understand the point you are making but reject its validity.

An act of violence that meets the legal definition of terrorism is terrorism whether it creates fear in you or anyone else.

Terrorism is a matter of fact and law.

The impact on an individual or a community is irrelevant.

I understand the point you are making but reject its validity.

An act of violence that meets the legal definition of terrorism is terrorism whether it creates fear in you or anyone else.

Terrorism is a matter of fact and law.

The impact on an individual or a community is irrelevant.

The difference is all in the perceived intention. Mass murder may not be a terrorist act if it was not intended to strike fear into the hearts of a section of the community. A single murder or even unsuccessful attempt can be deemed a terrorist act if it is thought that the intention was to spread fear.

This is what people are trying to do with the political leaders, the police authorities, and immigration policies. Maybe not so much in the U.K. since it's fucking illegal to say words that could upset someone's feeling, but in many other civilized nations, people do want to change the policies to keep terrorists away.

In the US, polls have shown that up to 30% of "moderate muslims" approve of the jihadists and want sharia law to be in effect. Which is why I said what I did at the end.

No doubt you can link to those polls.

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy...uslims-shows-thousands-support-shariah-jihad/
Even more troubling, is the fact that nearly a quarter of the Muslims polled believed that, “It is legitimate to use violence to punish those who give offense to Islam by, for example, portraying the prophet Mohammed.”
By contrast, the broader survey found that a 63% majority of those sampled said that “the freedom to engage in expression that offends Muslims or anybody else is guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and cannot be restricted.”
Nearly one-fifth of Muslim respondents said that the use of violence in the United States is justified in order to make shariah the law of the land in this country.

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2015/06/24/how-do-american-muslims-see-jihad.html

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/10/...young-muslims-more-loyal-to-islam-than-to-u-s
You may not like the site or author, but they reference the same stats. Also there are some *very* interesting quotes by "American muslims" that should bother you as well.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/11/...mised-they-despise-our-country-and-our-values

-----
And last but not least, a link to a site full of stats and the links to back them up.
http://thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/opinion-polls.aspx
And yet liberals are yearning for these people to invade their first-world countries. Pathetic.

The difference is all in the perceived intention. Mass murder may not be a terrorist act if it was not intended to strike fear into the hearts of a section of the community. A single murder or even unsuccessful attempt can be deemed a terrorist act if it is thought that the intention was to spread fear.

So what if no murder happens? Can it still be a terrorist attack?

Because if so, Black Lives Matter has some 'splaining to do.

Was your question hypothetical or rhetorical? :)

Irrespective I have an answer. Yes, an event that does not result in murder/death can be a terrorist act.

Like I keep saying, terrorism is defined in statute/criminal code/law.

Under UK law I would say yes it can. There is a little doubt about whether Darren Osborne actually killed the man who died outside the Finsbury Park Mosque. The man had already collapsed and was on the floor when he was run over. He was still charged with terrorism offences because the attack was designed to spread fear among the Muslim community.

Without question, a terrorist attack does not have to include murder. Sometimes it is limited to property destruction or just threats. In addition, sometimes the intended victims are prepared. If you remember the contest in Texas to draw pictures of The Pedophile: Terrorists tried to attack, but their intended victims were prepared, and used deadly force to defend themselves. The terrorists were killed, but it was self-defense by their intended victims, and not murder. I'm sure there have been other examples where the terrorists were inept and did not accomplish what they wanted to do.

ETA: http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/04/us/garland-mohammed-drawing-contest-shooting/index.html

Last edited:
Back