The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He posted in six words that he was going to a concert.

What are you doing back in the naughty Avengers' thread, you naughty Dragon!
LOL

:heart:

Avenging in general, really.

What about a jingly belt?

Not a chance, lady.

Now then. On a slightly different subject, somebody tell me this is a joke?

I quote:

A Washington state representative has uncovered a previously under-reported source of greenhouse gas: huffing and puffing cyclists.

Ed Orcutt, who lists "Tax relief" at the top of his legislative priorities and who was 2000's Washington Young Republican Federation Man of the Year, emailed the owner of a Tacoma, Washington, bike shop who had written him to protest a proposed tax on bicycles, part of a larger state transportation bill.

Although he noted that he was "not a fan" of many tax proposals, Orcutt argued that "it only makes sense that bicyclists would also be required to pay for the 'roads' they use when they are actually biking on them." He then added his belief that two-wheeled transport is polluting the environment:

You claim that it is environmentally friendly to ride a bike. But if I am not mistaken, a cyclists [sic] has an increased heart rate and respiration. That means that the act of riding a bike results in greater emissions of carbon dioxide from the rider. Since CO2 is deemed to be a greenhouse gas and a pollutant, bicyclists are actually polluting when they ride.

When contacted by the Seattle Bike Blog, representative Orcutt stuck to his guns. "You would be giving off more CO2 if you are riding a bike than driving in a car," he said, but he admitted that he had not "done any analysis" on the amount of that EPA-identified globe-warmer produced by spandex-wearing devotees of two-wheel locomotion as compared to that which is spewed from the tailpipes of the gas-guzzling vehicles driven by Washington's 6.9 million residents.

Perhaps Orcutt should take a gander at a study by the European Cyclists Federation, which determined that cyclists produce 21 grams of CO2 per passenger per kilometer travelled, as BikePortland.org has pointed out, including the CO2 involved in the production of the food fueling the cyclist. A passenger car's overall carbon footprint per passenger per kilometer, according to the study, stands at 271 grams "based on short trips similar to those a bicycle could make."

Although there is general consensus among climate scientists that the radiative forcing caused by increasing atmospheric CO2 is one component in the overall global temperature rise since such records have been reliably kept, Orcutt's theory that bicyclists are partly to blame is a novel one, to say the least.

But red-light running and expressions of often-effusive moral superiority? Well, that's another thing entirely.

Not a chance, lady.

Now then. On a slightly different subject, somebody tell me this is a joke?

I quote:

A Washington state representative has uncovered a previously under-reported source of greenhouse gas: huffing and puffing cyclists.

Ed Orcutt, who lists "Tax relief" at the top of his legislative priorities and who was 2000's Washington Young Republican Federation Man of the Year, emailed the owner of a Tacoma, Washington, bike shop who had written him to protest a proposed tax on bicycles, part of a larger state transportation bill.

Although he noted that he was "not a fan" of many tax proposals, Orcutt argued that "it only makes sense that bicyclists would also be required to pay for the 'roads' they use when they are actually biking on them." He then added his belief that two-wheeled transport is polluting the environment:

You claim that it is environmentally friendly to ride a bike. But if I am not mistaken, a cyclists [sic] has an increased heart rate and respiration. That means that the act of riding a bike results in greater emissions of carbon dioxide from the rider. Since CO2 is deemed to be a greenhouse gas and a pollutant, bicyclists are actually polluting when they ride.

When contacted by the Seattle Bike Blog, representative Orcutt stuck to his guns. "You would be giving off more CO2 if you are riding a bike than driving in a car," he said, but he admitted that he had not "done any analysis" on the amount of that EPA-identified globe-warmer produced by spandex-wearing devotees of two-wheel locomotion as compared to that which is spewed from the tailpipes of the gas-guzzling vehicles driven by Washington's 6.9 million residents.

Perhaps Orcutt should take a gander at a study by the European Cyclists Federation, which determined that cyclists produce 21 grams of CO2 per passenger per kilometer travelled, as BikePortland.org has pointed out, including the CO2 involved in the production of the food fueling the cyclist. A passenger car's overall carbon footprint per passenger per kilometer, according to the study, stands at 271 grams "based on short trips similar to those a bicycle could make."

Although there is general consensus among climate scientists that the radiative forcing caused by increasing atmospheric CO2 is one component in the overall global temperature rise since such records have been reliably kept, Orcutt's theory that bicyclists are partly to blame is a novel one, to say the least.

But red-light running and expressions of often-effusive moral superiority? Well, that's another thing entirely.
No to my belt? I bet the Bear and our Kitty Pirate would approve it. ;)

As for the rest of that post, Rep. Orcutt is one of the biggest tools in the state without the sense God gave a billy goat. How that man gets reelected is a mystery for the ages. Then again, I should double-check what side of the state he's from.

With toys on? :devil:
No, with little coins or bells. You know, for dancing!

No to my belt? I bet the Bear and our Kitty Pirate would approve it. ;)

I sure do!

No, with little coins or bells. You know, for dancing!

There are lessons in my hot Arabic chick thread, with special illustrations of very fetching belts which Og has posted. On extremely fetching ladies.

I feel a bit lost without my sword, I suppose that means I don't get the quart of ale and piece of cheese. Oh well, a Glenlivet 12 yo, Rolf, and if there are any snackerels around, those would go down nicely.

:)

And HP, what a lovely idea - some great music playing in the Party.

And a lovely thread it is, Naoko. However, no lessons needed on my behalf. Well, maybe a refresher course. ;)

Yup, HP, that did happen. He did admit that his comments were "over the top"...you think?! This was over part of a proposed transportation package that would include a $25 fee on all bike sales over $500. Which personally, I have no problem with, especially if they want the state to pay for new infrastructure just for bikes.

*puts on climbing harness and rappels down the wall*

Perhaps that's why I have a damaged back.

I used to jump off cliffs with a bare rope wrapped around me. No harness, no abseil hook, no helmet - 'ealth and safety? What's that?

I did have a belt which I still have - A Yugoslav Young Pioneer's belt from a large young lady pioneer...

Yup, HP, that did happen. He did admit that his comments were "over the top"...you think?! This was over part of a proposed transportation package that would include a $25 fee on all bike sales over $500. Which personally, I have no problem with, especially if they want the state to pay for new infrastructure just for bikes.
Is he east of the mountains? Or is he in the Tacoma area? I really don't remember. Anyway, yeah people who are buying bikes that cost $500 or more are going to be the ones who are fully willing to pay that fee for the infrastructure.

A solid 'Yes' vote for the jingly belt. Belly dancers should sound almost as wonderful as they look.
I used to wear my jingle belt to my office job. The guys told me that they could always tell my mood by the sound of the jingling.

*puts on climbing harness and rappels down the wall*
Wow. I have some less-than-great memories of rappelling. You, sir, are impressive.

A solid 'Yes' vote for the jingly belt. Belly dancers should sound almost as wonderful as they look.

Jingly belts are a must. :) I have several.

One of my next sewing projects is a tribal fringed belt with jinglies on...I can't find exactly what I want so I'm making it. :D

P.S. Its very nice to have internet again.

Hello Peeps! I just wanted to say everyone looks lovely tonight, nekkid or otherwise :)

Jingly belts are lovely. We should start a fashion trend!

As for asshats in politics, maine govonor Paul LePage, wins a medal for complaining to the media about the federal government communicating to the State through the news outlets.

I used to wear my jingle belt to my office job. The guys told me that they could always tell my mood by the sound of the jingling.

When I was a bored secretary, I once wore a sweet necklace to the office. The guys said, "that necklace looks just like ones we had as kids," and I said, "Yes it is," and ate a sweet off it.

Jingly belts and belly dancing in the Party definitely! *Sits back to watch expert Anna and Di jingle round the Bear*

I'm going to a Burlesque show in a couple of weeks. I've never been to one before. Any suggestions what to wear? (Jingly belt of course!)

Cup of tea, HP?

:rose:

Here you are HP, we are having baked beans sprinkled with cheese on toast chez moi, but of course here you may order your heart's desire.

Sausages? With mushrooms and a little bit of black pudding on the side?

Something full of Eastern promise? Sadly we are all obliged to be naked in here otherwise I would come serving your sausages in my shimmery Fry's Turkish Delight robes which I keep secretly in the back of the wardrobe. ;)

Here you are HP, we are having baked beans sprinkled with cheese on toast chez moi, but of course here you may order your heart's desire.

Sausages? With mushrooms and a little bit of black pudding on the side?

Something full of Eastern promise? Sadly we are all obliged to be naked in here otherwise I would come serving your sausages in my shimmery Fry's Turkish Delight robes which I keep secretly in the back of the wardrobe. ;)

I'll have my breakfast in a moment or three thanks. A regular English Fry-up (don't bother with the Black Pudding, thanks).
Meanwhile, Please - just pass the coffee. It's been a difficult morning so far and looks like it's going down hill.

:confused:

I'll have my breakfast in a moment or three thanks. A regular English Fry-up (don't bother with the Black Pudding, thanks).
Meanwhile, Please - just pass the coffee. It's been a difficult morning so far and looks like it's going down hill.

:confused:

JohnEB *sigh* Got any coffee Naoko?

Oh dear, guys! Luckily I have some just here I made. Nice and strong - with hot milk in?

Poor things, you both sound in need of serious tlc. Do you want biscuits with that coffee?

:heart::heart:

Quick edit to add SamScribble's cup of tea. There you are: milk no sugar, obviously you are sweet enough without.

Now I must sassay off in my pink wellies to buy milk for the painters' tea, as I hear clanky noises as of ladders being put up outside.

Last edited:
Oh dear, guys! Luckily I have some just here I made. Nice and strong - with hot milk in?

Poor things, you both sound in need of serious tlc. Do you want biscuits with that coffee?

:heart::heart:

Biscuits as in a cookie? Sorry I get the terms mixed up from the other side of the pond. ;) But yes, that would be wonderful, thank you.

A few more pics from the weekend.
http://sdrv.ms/VE5znS
http://sdrv.ms/VE5DUr
http://sdrv.ms/WIIvAz

Is he east of the mountains? Or is he in the Tacoma area? I really don't remember. Anyway, yeah people who are buying bikes that cost $500 or more are going to be the ones who are fully willing to pay that fee for the infrastructure.

He's from the 20th district which is west of the mountains, south of Olympia and ends just north of Vancouver.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cb/LD_20.pdf/page1-776px-LD_20.pdf.jpg

Last edited:
Biscuits as in a cookie? Sorry I get the terms mixed up from the other side of the pond. ;) But yes, that would be wonderful, thank you.

Those are lovely. The budding leaves really convey that feeling of damp chill Spring mornings full of promise.

LOL, the painters are whistling my soppy music I was playing now!

Here are some 'cookies' for you.

Biscuits_2223454b.jpg

He's from the 20th district which is west of the mountains, south of Olympia and ends just north of Vancouver.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cb/LD_20.pdf/page1-776px-LD_20.pdf.jpg

Beautiful pictures, as always. I agree with Naoko about the one with the leaves. I was thinking they look like butterflies with folded wings.

Okay, thanks for the reminder. Now I know why I'm familiar with his name. Then again, south of Olympia and east of the mountains, our state does tend to get pretty conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back