gijoe downtime (closed to kohona xavier19

"Training for special ops. But after a base attack and a near by suicide bomber, they brought most of home and I staid on the US bases for my training instead. Till Hawk found me and I came here." Scarlett said with a shrug. It wasn't much of a story but then again, not much was known about her because she didn't really talk about her past.
 
It was rather surprising, for a woman, but then again perhaps the military was going to allow women on the front lines after all. If they had a company of Scarletts on the line then perhaps there was no chance of Cobra ever getting through the line and then he chuckled to himself that they should just arm him with a stainless steel serving tray that would stop a charging enemy.
 
Getting to the cleaned up mess hall, Scarlett heads into line with him. Chatting with him about whatever topic he could think of to talk about. After they got their food, Scarlett has him bring her tray to a table and wait while she grabs a boxed meal to go for Sam, filled with things she knew she liked, and after asking for something Snake, Scarlett was handed a box of his prettyvmuch usual meal. She never knew what he ate but that was okay with her. With Sam's box on top, she goes to sit and eat with Lennox. Keeping the boxes near by.
 
Boxed lunches were not always so filling but it was at least something. It was usually a whole sandwhich, sliced diagnolly and some fruit and a plastic cup of juice, but what Scarlett and I shared was something hot; what they call steak but it did not appear as steak, instead it looked like ground hamburger formed into a steak like appearance and black on both sides. I'm not sure if it was their version of a joke but when you're hungry you'll eat just about anything that is placed in front of you, but I was not a person to complain about not having chow because I haven't gone outside yet, but give it time and perhaps I will.
 
"I know it's not much...And it's not exactly outside food...but here, if you're hungr, you pretty much each eat what you get, ya know." Scarlett with a slight smile. She knew how it was. She didn't like it any better than he did. But it was food and provided energy and helped them survive. So she kept her complaints to herself and ate her food with him. "Just grin and bear it, I always say. But try to just remember it's a form of energy and you'll need it to survive."
 
"Well, can you give a me a thorough tour of the place?" I eagerly asked once we had finished our meal, "I mean, after you give that to Sam?" refering to the boxed lunches. I certainly hoped she would because I would get to see everything this place had to offer. If I was by myself I could get lost or there might be a guard that would deny me entry. I wanted to see everything the PIT had, perhaps there was even a Walker, abio suit much like Ripley's fight in Aliens with the Alien Queen. It was doubtful, but certianly fun to just explore the unknown.
 
"Sure. I don't see why not." Scarlett said as she ate and enjoyed her drink. Reminded now, she notes to be sure to grab drinks for the two as well. A soda for Sam and she was guessing some water or kind of tea would do for Snake. "So what kinds of things do ya like, Lennox?"
 
"Everything!l I exclaimed because I was so eager. Tere was my chance and I was going to take it. As Scarlett picked upthe boxes and lead me through the corridors towards Sam quarters my eyes were carefully goin epover every room most of them being quarters for everyone else but still eventually we will see a room will nifty gadgets.
 
Remembering that Sam wouldn't be in her room, she changes their course to get them to Snake's room. Not minding if he hangs back or comes up with her, Scarlett goes up to Snake's door and knocks lightly on it. Holding the boxes in her hands as she waits for Snake or Sam to answer the door. "I forgot she was gonna be here..." Scarlett mumbled a little bit.
 
When Scarlett knocked on the door and waited for an answer I moved to her left to watch until the door opened and sure enough Sam opened up with sleep in her eyes and muttering under her breath, I think, because she was disturbed from her sleep, but when she saw that it was her redhead friend that smiled returned and she asked "How's it going?"

"Brought ya guys some food" Scarlett replied smiling.

"Oh thanks," taking the two boxed lunches. Sam seemed a little hasty, perhaps she just wanted to get back to that hot bed with her friend and lover.
 
When Scarlett knocked on the door and waited for an answer I moved to her left to watch until the door opened and sure enough Sam opened up with sleep in her eyes and muttering under her breath, I think, because she was disturbed from her sleep, but when she saw that it was her redhead friend that smiled returned and she asked "How's it going?"

"Brought ya guys some food" Scarlett replied smiling.

"Oh thanks," taking the two boxed lunches. Sam seemed a little hasty, perhaps she just wanted to get back to that hot bed with her friend and lover.

Sam could see me standing slightly off to the side, but she remained focused on Scarlett as she held the boxes in one hand on top of the other in a slight balancing act.
 
Hearing a knock to the door, I groaned and yawned and carefully slipped out of bed to not disturb Snake. Upon answering the door, I saw it was Scarlett. Despite the sleep in my eyes, and the muttering under my breath, I smiled. "How's it going?"
"Brought ya guys some food." Scarlett said smiling back.
"Oh, thanks." I said. Carefully taking the boxed lunches and balancing them carefully. I know I seemed hasty, and I guess I was, but I just wanted to get back to snuggling against Snake. I was so comfy there.
"How's your arm?"
"Fine. Hurting and being bother cause I get phantom iches there that I can't touch."
"Aah...so Snake is helping with that?" Scarlett said grinning trying to peek over my shoulder to see the mysterious ninja. I blocked her and blushed furiously. I could see Lennox off to the side but I kept my focus on Scarlett.
"Good bye Scarlett." I said with a snicker and carefully closed the door. Leaning my back against it with a giggle before looking around for a place to set the food.
 
"She seems okay" I replied as Scarlett again led the way down he corridor though I could not see the smirk on her lips that was h8iding the humor she was thinking of as Sam found her way back into Snake's bed.

In truth it would take maybe six to eight weeks for her arm to full heal and coupled that with rehabilitation and the Joes were not going to pass her off with such a small injury, however for Steeler as he stood before Hawk's desk knew that his life was in the balance.

"Okay then," Haw replied, "You got some anger issues, Steeler so here's what I'm going to do. I'm busting you to E-1 and your confined to base for two months wit extra duty for sixty days." It was an Article 15 ad though he hated it Steeler sucked it up.
 
"I think she'll be just fine." Scarlett said. Hiding the smirk on her face. "She's got Snake after all." She snickered just a little then folded her arms over her chest. She wasn't sure where to start on base now for Lennox. "You know...you asking to be shown around makes me think of the time I tried to escort Sam when she was new here. She had more fun learning the base on her own and exploring and getting lost then she did wanting to be shown around." Scarlett laughed a little. "Now I think she did it just to run into Snake more often."
 
"Yeah," I spoke, "What is with Snake, anyway? I've only seen him a couple times. Why is so quiet in all?"

It was rather rude of me to ask but since Scarlett was going down memory lane I at least wanted a lingering question to be answered. I knew virtually nothing about the man except he was deadly, but why was he so quiet and reserved left me to wonder because usually that was someone like that they had a lot of personal troubles and would withdrawn to preserve themselves from anguish and trouble and have a rather fragile pshyique.
 
"Snake does talk...just...not vocally. He uses Sign Language." Scarlett said as she turned her head over her shoulder to look at Lennox for a moment. "Though, I've always wondered that myself. Him and I had a one night thing long time ago and sinec then he went right back to being the lone wolf. Kept to himself and the shadows. Then Sam came along and it was like something...like a switch was flipped. She became the only one who was able to get close to him. The only one he'd suddenly sign with." Scarlett gave a shrug. "I can't really say I know what got flipped inside Snake, but he still wont talk vocally, despite Sam's efforts. And honestly none of us have REALLY seen what his face looks like. Well except maybe Sam now but the girl's lips wont tell. Anyways...I wish I had a better answer for ya, Lennox...but Snake is still the lone wolf he's always been. At least when around others. But around Sam..Who knows."
 
In my mind there was figure of Scarlett and Snake having a one night stand, but then factored in everything that could have gone wrong. I don't know, perhaps it was the 'man' in me, the competitive nature when a woman talks about another man, especially the sex and there is that idea of perhaps figuring out a way to out do him, but then I shook my head and that thought disolved. This wasn't high school anymore. All that bickering and under handing is in the past and there is nothing I can do about that anymore. Fortunately Scarlett did not hear my thoughts or else she would have knocked me out right then and there as we continued the tour. The PIT had many levels and hundreds if not thousands of room, all with a purpose and every one of them used.
 
Scarlett brought him to every floor and every room. Each and every room held it's own purpose and all of them were used. She explained each room and it's use best she could before finding a room where they could stop and rest their legs a while. No amount of work outs and such could eventually keep her from feeling exhausted and her legs like jello.
 
It was like going to the zoo with a little child. After hours of roaming the halls and seeing everything that is on display Scarlett was sore and needed to rest her legs, but I was just bouncing up and do so enthusiastically, begging for more. There had to be more rooms, there just had to be as Scarlett sat and rubbed her sore legs.
 
"Lennox...if you want to see more, then go explore on your own." She said a little breathlessly. Laughing however just slightly though. "It's okay to explore on your own. Plenty of people plus signs on the walls will help ya get back to where you started." She said as she leaned back a little bit but kept rubbing her legs.
 
I didn't want to leave scarlett and then again I didn't want to go running off on my own even with the signs instead I sat down next to Scarlett and decided to take a load off as well and that is when the exhaustion began to set in, right as I stopped then my legs became sore as well and I really didn't wish to stand back up for awhile.
 
Scarlett laughed as she noticed he began to look exhausted and watched as he started to rub his legs. "See...Teach you to mock me being sore." She said with a satisfied grin. It was pain...and she didn't have to cause it. However this gave her a chance to really look at him. To look at him and take in his details. He was....cute. Neigh, handsome even. She couldn't deny that. Not in the least bit.
 
I never thought of myself as handsome. In fact I rather hated my appearance. My cheeks weren't smooth with a square jaw and flashing eyes like Duke's and looking at Scarlett as she rubbed her thighs and leaned back to rest herself, in away, I was jealous. I wanted to be like Duke and be the man that seems to draw ladies in but I also wantedto serve, and I figuredif I didn have the looks at least have ability thus I made sure every da to do something to increase my stamina and raise the level hence I was able to walk for so long without tiring out.
 
After a while of sitting there but saying nothing, Scarlett felt better rested and got up to her feet with a stretch and a slight yawn. "Well, let's continue, shall we?" She asks holding a hand out with a slight smile.
 
Eagerly taking her hnd I was surprised that even her fingers possessed a great deal of strength. If she could, crush mine like twigs, but she kept up her smile, as did I, and we rose up on our tired legs to resume our journey as Scarlett again led the way. It was a nasty habit, yes, I couldn't help it. It was a habit I picked up since I was little walking behind people to keep them in view and with hr case, to look at her backside.
 
Back
Top