A Place to Stay (closed)

Aniett

Virgin
Joined
May 23, 2015
Posts
15
"...Fuck."

The second Mia threw her phone across the room she regretted it, but made no move from her spot on the floor to pick it up. With her back pressed against the wall, one long leg stretched out in front of her, she rested her arm on her bent knee and threaded her hand through her messy hair.

Every time she tried calling it went straight to voicemail. Three different people. No answer. They were avoiding her, and she knew exactly why. The tears came again, silently flowing over her arm and down her bare leg. From her spot on the floor she could see straight out the storm door. The greenery was almost deceiving, making the brush and weeds look like a scene from a fairy tale the way the evening sun shone through it.

It was the last house on the right, set back from the road with a long driveway in much need of repair. It was chosen for this very reason, along with being on a dead end road. The lot adjacent to it was overgrown weeds and scraggly oaks, but the neighborhood teens had made a path through the brush to the convenience store a quarter of a mile away. The rent was cheap and it was partially furnished. Compared to where Mia grew up, the structure itself was a mansion. The man she now lived with, made it a living hell and that man was on his way home.

Normally him coming home was no big deal, but this past weekend, everything possible had gone wrong. Mia was no longer sure what day it was, she'd gone without a decent nights sleep for two whole days waiting, debating on if she should just run away this time. She knew she wouldn't, but entertaining the thought calmed her sometimes.

It was bad enough people came over while her boyfriend was out, he seemed to hate that, but with two of the uninvited guests being male and the locked back room now sitting wide open.... it made Mia sick to her stomach to know what was done while she was out cold. She didn't drink much unless someone pressured her into it, but now the realization hit her hard that she'd been drugged and the house ransacked. The floor boards in the back bedroom closet were ripped up and the space beneath was completely empty. Rarely ever did he let her into that room, but the few times Mia had seen it, the hidden space was usually half full. Now it gaped at her as she sat on the floor in the tiny hallway.

it was dark by the time she heard him come home, the familiar click of the front door woke her up. Confusion over actually falling a sleep melted into fear as she rolled over. The sheets were wound around her body. She still wore just a slip of a dress, not even remembering when she had crawled into bed. Staring at the doorway she took a deep breath and called out, "Babe?... is that you?" A fine tremor took hold of her body and she gripped her shoulders adrenaline already pumping just seconds after waking up. She wondered if he'd come to bed or check his missing stash first.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top