Editor requested for Summer Loving Story – See details for pie

MichaelGH

Really Experienced
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Posts
298
Mwahahaha jokes on you! There is no pie! Now you have fallen in my trap where I request your assistance in helping me polish my story.

Anyways to give a brief overview the logline of my story is basically that there’s this guy who goes to a summer resort and tries to hitch a free ride without paying for anything by seducing some of the women there.

It is actually kind of a dark story, there are some troubled feelings involved. But I think that’s where stories can be good, they can help us process some distraught feelings and come out on the other side as more put together people. And you know it’s not like I’m trying to write erotica without it being erotic.

I’ve gotten some feedback that seems to indicate that I’m on the right track regarding my aspirations for my stories. I’ve gotten such comments as “There is a philosophy of sex incorporated that I have never seen expressed exactly this way,” and “This was about learning and growing.” Of course there are some comments that are not quite as positive but let’s ignore them shall we.

One thing I would like some feedback regarding is what category my story should fit in. It has some funny lines but with enough dark undercurrents that humor and satire would not fit the bill. Even with some of the more tragic components there is still quite a good deal of sex that non-erotic would not be a good fit either. Right now I’m thinking erotic couplings but I would like to find a category that’s a little more specific.

Right now it’s sitting at 22k words, which is maybe a little long for some of you, that’s ok. Hopefully one of you will be up for the challenge. I haven’t gone back in and done a second draft. I am trying to do that while I wait to find an editor. In a week from today it should be in a state where I feel comfortable in giving it to someone knowing that it’s in a state where I can confidently ask another person to look at it, knowing they aren’t going to be bogged down in mindless errors and silly typos.

I think this is a piece that some people are going to really strongly connect to. That this is something that people will carry with them long after the story’s over. I want to make this story the best I can make it for them. I’m hoping that there are people out there who will help me in that endeavor.

I’m sure a minor amount of proofreading will be in order, we can’t catch everything by ourselves right? But I’m mostly looking for an editor who will be able to read the story and tell me what needs clarifying, what can I cut without losing any emotional infrastructure of the story and maybe how to improve a sentence or two. Basically anything an editor wants to do in order to make this story the best it can possibly be.
 
Back
Top