Categories that were, Categories that are...

LW definitely needs to be broken up into two categories to split the "swingers" from the "angry at cheaters". It's really dumb forcing us to put stories for one audience in front of a different audience that wants nothing to do with the story being told, and both halves of the category are valid. It just seems like an unnecessary bear trap that could easily be disarmed.

What, I wonder, is the right category (from a reader POV) for stories where it's the wife who gets cheated on...

What, I wonder, is the right category (from a reader POV) for stories where it's the wife who gets cheated on...
EC or GM or Group or Incest or BDSM or IR or SciFi could work, depending on who the spouse is cheating with, and how. For nice stereotypes go IR-GM, where hubby enjoys a BBC, wifey finds out and wants it herself, so she plots to turn the lover, yada yada. Or Incest, where spouse keeps it in the family -- gal finds her GF is brother-fucking. Or Group, with hubby gang-banging. It depends on context, hey?

I have a story about a cheating husband (and a wife who doesn't deserve it), and I have NO damn idea where I could put it and not induce purple-faced, frothing rage in readers for getting the wrong category.

I have a story about a cheating husband (and a wife who doesn't deserve it), and I have NO damn idea where I could put it and not induce purple-faced, frothing rage in readers for getting the wrong category.

Stories of philandering seem to be perpetually damned. Even though I believe said stories should be well received. :confused:

It's the purple-faced frothing rage, followed by bad scores and excoriation in the Comments that get me. It makes me wonder if these are guys who have been cheated on and just get triggered. They also seem to be the BTB crowd, mind...

Just don't read a story if it's gonna get you so worked up that seething hatred surfaces. Eat a bran muffin and chill out...

It's the purple-faced frothing rage, followed by bad scores and excoriation in the Comments that get me. It makes me wonder if these are guys who have been cheated on and just get triggered. They also seem to be the BTB crowd, mind...

Just don't read a story if it's gonna get you so worked up that seething hatred surfaces. Eat a bran muffin and chill out...

Agreed. Cannabis laced bran muffin at that. I don't like bringing out that emotion in people with my writing. It's not good for them or the stories they vent on.

I've got several 'Unfaithful' stories stockpiled that I will just chum out in erotic couplings over the next few months. They're mixed, he-cheated, she-cheated but I don't want them ripped to shite just because. I want them to be read and commented on by someone other that doesn't have an axe to grind. You telling me I'm a pussy because the character took his wife back doesn't help anyone. Or vice versa.

My first foray in Loving Wives had this identical plot. Still in the Top 20 in LW's Hall of Fame after five years.

This is precisely why it needs split. Two very different crowds who want very different stories.

I write happy swinger stories where no one gets hurt and everyone has a good time. We all know how well that goes over in LW...

Do you think they pipe the audience for LW straight in from r/theredpill?

I'd say 50%, yeah. Half the audience would have done well in reddit's incel community. The other half are surprisingly nice. I've had some really lovely PM's from LW folks.

I too think they have been cheated on when I read those comments. And a lot of LW stories tell them up front what's coming and they still read it or just jump to the comments and beat the crap out of the author.

I had that same old comment on my story The Last Straw - Another cuck shit story. Of course I knew he didn't read the story as it was about a wife catching her husband cheating on her.

Some just look for an author who usually write that "stupid cuck shit" and shit out a comment without reading, then vote 1*. :eek:

Wouldn't that be LW?

Or am I just completely bajankajanked on the nature of many categories?

Loving wives is meant for swapping and sharing, probably cuckolding too, but stories dedicated to “cheating” probably fit better under “romance”; however, I can’t see how romantic it is to cheat and emotinally hurt someone. Still, a cheating category would allow some great stories to be told🌹what goes around, cums around👠👠👠

The LW crowd react pretty vehemently to women cheating without conscience or consequence, but I'm not sure how they react to men cheating in the same way.

For example, say there was a mean-spirited story posted in LW about a married couple in their mid 30s where the wife has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatments that make her very sick, and obviously unable to have sex. The husband goes out having sex with other women, none of whom are aware that he has a wife, much less one who is seriously ill with cancer. His infidelity is never exposed and he suffers no negative consequences, and is only concerned with satisfying his own sexual desires.

Would the LW crowd get angry at the dreadful man in this story, or would their anger be towards the other women who he sleeps with who aren't aware of the situation with his wife, and would be appalled if they did know?

The LW crowd react pretty vehemently to women cheating without conscience or consequence, but I'm not sure how they react to men cheating in the same way.

For example, say there was a mean-spirited story posted in LW about a married couple in their mid 30s where the wife has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatments that make her very sick, and obviously unable to have sex. The husband goes out having sex with other women, none of whom are aware that he has a wife, much less one who is seriously ill with cancer. His infidelity is never exposed and he suffers no negative consequences, and is only concerned with satisfying his own sexual desires.

Would the LW crowd get angry at the dreadful man in this story, or would their anger be towards the other women who he sleeps with who aren't aware of the situation with his wife, and would be appalled if they did know?

While not sure what the reaction to your premise might be, especially from the LW crowd who tend to be judgmental to the extreme about women, even in stories where the husband is the cheat there is an element here that is anti adulterer. Not saying that's a bad thing in the real world because I don't think people breaking their vows is a good thing but at some other story sites people like cheating stories even if they wouldn't approve in rl. I entered a story in the winter contest where the husband cheated and I received more than one comment that they were hoping that his wife had set it up or at least knew about it and was okay with it and they would have liked the story better if that was the case.

I think it's unlikely they'll split up LW, for a few reasons.

First, I'm not sure it will solve the problem. Trolls aren't readers who are surprised by the unexpected twist in a story that approves of the cheating wife -- they're looking for trouble. It's likely that to at least a substantial degree they'll follow Loving Wife authors into the new category and continue to bomb them.

Second, it shrinks the size of the audience for the category.

Third, the more categories you have the more difficult it is for readers to find all the stories they want. It becomes more cumbersome at some point.

Fourth, there's the problem of figuring out how to classify 18 years worth of stories classified under the old system.

From the readers' standpoint, which matters a lot more than the authors' standpoint, there's no big advantage to this.

If there's a solution, it's probably to set up the ability to use tags in a prominent header to the story so readers know ahead of time what to expect.

While not sure what the reaction to your premise might be, especially from the LW crowd who tend to be judgmental to the extreme about women, even in stories where the husband is the cheat there is an element here that is anti adulterer. Not saying that's a bad thing in the real world because I don't think people breaking their vows is a good thing but at some other story sites people like cheating stories even if they wouldn't approve in rl. I entered a story in the winter contest where the husband cheated and I received more than one comment that they were hoping that his wife had set it up or at least knew about it and was okay with it and they would have liked the story better if that was the case.

When I write stories about cheating, I always have to have a situation where both partners cheat or there is an open relationship. For example, in a political story the attractive wife of a powerful senator is aware that he cheats with his bitchy assistant, and the wife in turn cheats with a college student who works at their country club. In a story I wrote about cheating yuppies, the young woman cheats with her fiancé's loser younger brother, while the fiancé cheats with an attractive cougar client, who is in an open marriage. In a lesbian story I wrote about a couple in their early 40s who have lost interest in each other sexually the wife cheats with a rebellious 18-year-old girl, while the husband is a very strange man who goes to a brothel where he dresses up as a cowboy and the girl he sees dresses up in riding gear.

I just couldn't write a story about cheating where an innocent party who has done nothing wrong gets hurt.

I just couldn't write a story about cheating where an innocent party who has done nothing wrong gets hurt.
That can be hard if it's the main theme. Then the cheated can be a victim, or a revenger, or an escapee, or some other stereotype. I've finessed that in a few stories by keeping the cheating quiet; the cheated-on never seem to know, and their ignorance doesn't really matter to the plot.

I've also had a lothario be badly beaten by the cuckold, which alienates the cuckold's wife, who then runs off with the lothario. Sometimes cheaters are punished, sometimes not. It depends on the story dynamic.

Back