What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with any legislation shoved down the throat of the American people they didn't want and don't want. You need to learn how to read. Try reading the links I provided. They indicate the disfavor and ill effects of your sacred cow.


So you think all legislation should be subject to opinion polls? Can I quote you on that?
 
You need to learn how to read. Try reading the links I provided. They indicate the disfavor and ill effects of your sacred cow.


Vette.... We've been through this before. You're still citing surveys with invalid methodology where respondents self-select on the internet. Neither study you cited uses a randomized, representative sampling of doctors and therefore their results are wholly dismissible.

Then your third link is from the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) which greatly supports Obamacare. Their advocacy is based around the government spending more money to train doctors faster. You say I need to learn to read but you keep accidentally posting links that don't support your point of view.

AAMC Applauds Supreme Court Ruling on ACA

Washington, D.C., June 28, 2012—AAMC (Association of American Medical Colleges) President and CEO Darrell G. Kirch, M.D., issued the following statement in response to the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling on the Affordable Care Act:

“The AAMC is extremely pleased that the Supreme Court has upheld virtually all of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). This law is an important step toward an improved health care system that gives all Americans access to the care they need when they need it.

That's your source, bro.
 
I disagree with any legislation shoved down the throat of the American people they didn't want and don't want. You need to learn how to read. Try reading the links I provided. They indicate the disfavor and ill effects of your sacred cow.

It was voted into law by a majority of the United States House of Representatives.

It was voted into law by a majority of the United States Senate.

It was signed into law by a President of the United States elected by a majority of Americans.

It was upheld as Constitutional by a majority of the United States Supreme Court.

Once again, you bring great shame upon yourself, your family name and the United States Marine Corps.
 
Mooch To Stay At $3,300-A-Night Dublin Hotel Suite…




Sequester schmester, she’s Queen of America!

Via Keith Koffler:


First Lady Michelle Obama is staying Monday evening in the $3,300-per-night Princess Grace suite of Dublin’s Five-Star Shelbourne Hotel, according to Irish press reports, adding some credence to accusations she is in the city for a quick vacation at taxpayer expense.

Michelle jetted to Dublin Monday afternoon Irish time after a brief stop in Belfast with President Obama, who is in the city for the two-day G-8 Summit.

The White House is billing Michelle’s trip to Dublin as having diplomatic significance, but her itinerary suggests otherwise. She and her daughters will visit the Trinity College library to explore President Obama’s Irish family roots, attend a performance by the world-famous Riverdance troupe, and visit the Wicklow Mountains national forest.
 
Obama Says He’s Bummed Out He Can’t “Get In A Few Rounds” Of Golf While In Northern Ireland…




Heartache.

Via TWS:


Speaking this morning in Belfast, President Obama took the opportunity to mix in a little golf talk as he addressed Northern Irish youth.

“Northern Ireland is hosting the World Police and Fire Games later this year — (applause) — which Dame Mary Peters is helping to organize. (Applause.),” Obama said, according to the official White House transcript.

“Golf fans like me had to wait a long six decades for the Irish Open to return to the North last year. (Applause.) I am unhappy that I will not get a few rounds in while I’m here. (Laughter.) I did meet Rory McIlroy last year — (applause) — and Rory offered to get my swing ‘sorted,’ — (laughter) — which was a polite way of saying, ‘Mr. President, you need help.’ (Laughter.)”
 
Do you believe that Congress has the right to enslave the American people? If not, why not?



Why such cowardice? Answer my question first then I'll answer yours.

Should all legislation be dependent on popular opinion polls?
 
Answer my question. I never said polls alone should guide legislation, but it's generally suspect when in a free country, where the government is of the people, by the people, and for the people, unwanted policies adverse to their interests and wishes are shoved down their throats.

Now answer my question.

tahts FUNNY

CURRY saying ANSWER MY QUESTION:rolleyes:
 
Where's the bear with his daily updates? Oh never mind, the markets up.:rolleyes:
 
Answer my question. I never said polls alone should guide legislation, but it's generally suspect when in a free country, where the government is of the people, by the people, and for the people, unwanted policies adverse to their interests and wishes are shoved down their throats.

Now answer my question.

How can you call it "unwanted" when a majority of Congress voted for it, AND we've had a Congressional election since the vote (which allowed the general public to replace the Congress if they wanted to....the public opted not to do so, and 33 attempts to repeal Obamacare failed to get a majority of votes in the Senate).
 
Answer my question. I never said polls alone should guide legislation, but it's generally suspect when in a free country, where the government is of the people, by the people, and for the people, unwanted policies adverse to their interests and wishes are shoved down their throats.

Now answer my question.


So now political opinion should not necessarily guide legislation? And Obamacare is merely generally suspect?

No I don't think Congress should be enslaving Americans.

You've said it yourself I believe, people are confused about what's in the ACA. I think you even cited a poll that showed Americans are generally very uninformed. However when polling is done on individual components of Obamacare, support is extremely high. So which do you think is a more valid research method, one that polls people on something they don't understand or one that polls people on things that they do understand? Doubt you'll answer this.

But what this means is that America likes Obamacare - once they know what's in it. And that explains right wing lies that seek to willfully misinform Americans; Republicans know they're on the wrong side of public opinion when it comes to the policies incorporated into Obamacare.
 
Last edited:
Mooch In Ireland: “It’s Good To Be Home”…




Mooch is Irish? — Who knew?

Via Weekly Standard:


Speaking at the Gaiety Theatre in Dublin, Ireland, at a performance by of “Riverdance” by Irish youth, First Lady Michelle Obama thanked the crowd and said, “It is good to be home.”

“My goodness! (Applause.) That’s wonderful! You did it! Oh, my goodness. (Applause.) Thank you all so much. It is good to be home. Yes, indeed. You all are amazing — and you’re pretty good-looking, too. (Laughter.),” she said as she took the stage.

Later, the first lady expanded on the comments. “I want to thank all you for being here. You know, kids, you guys, young people — you guys have my heart. And I said this in Belfast earlier — it’s so true. (Laughter.) Look, my girls know — I can embarrass them and love them to death — but young people, you guys move me in ways that you don’t even imagine. So it was so important for us that while we were here we got to do something with the young people here in Dublin. So thank you for such a warm welcome. You have made my family feel right at home in Ireland, and you guys are pretty awesome,” she said.
 
tumblr_mo6xfn0P7v1qzsnxyo1_500.jpg


Government is public. You can control and vote on what you do not like. Corporations are private, you have almost no control.
 
WHAR is Koalabear? WHAR?

STOCKS CLOSE BROADLY HIGHER


LINK

Obviously, this NEVER would have happened had Romney been elected..........
 
It lost more than that last week, but nice try fatty. :D

From the article
The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 109.67 points, or 0.7%, to 15179.85. The blue-chip index rebounded from a Friday slump when it dropped 106 points after sluggish economic data.

Here in the reality-based world, 109 is greater than 106, but hey, we all know you routinely use PatriotMath to get the number you want to match your political bias.

...unless you were comparing the results of several days last week against one day's result today, which is of course intellectually dishonest.

Either way, you lose.

Losing comes second nature to you, doesn't it.

Now go suck some vettedick.
 
From the article


Here in the reality-based world, 109 is greater than 106, but hey, we all know you routinely use PatriotMath to get the number you want to match your political bias.

...unless you were comparing the results of several days last week against one day's result today, which is of course intellectually dishonest.

Either way, you lose.

Losing comes second nature to you, doesn't it.

Now go suck some vettedick.

Nice try again fatty. Now go and try to lose some of your tonnage. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top