What I Learned This Week

Unintendedly, since you asked. :)

What I learned this week: lime and chocolate... oh yes!

Lome is good...chocolate? Not a huge fan.

Try café mochas!
4914855-Cafe_Mocha-0.jpg

Not that they have real café mochas, but are there Timmys in Alaska?

That sure is pretty.

It's harder to hide a boner than you think!

The joys of being male....trust me, being a chick comes with its own hurdles. One thing, I swear my nipples are never not hard. Not all that easy to hide either!

They aren't all that much work, but for some reason, they prefer to fertilize the sidewalk than the yard.

I'm still noodling that one out...

I cleaned 2 coops yesterday. I should have wore a mask!

Yeah, they seem to be the one bird that will shit in its own nest...

:eek:

I think in breeding them for egg production, we kinda made them stupid too.

It's charming to read Conager describing the mental hospital as the big concrete hillside home his parents live in.

Remember all those b&w newsreel type clips of chickens typing?

Thats why they switched to lab rats; the chickens were going to unionize.

I was always good at ignoring squick and pain to get a job done. Hands wash and nicks and abrasions heal. I try to keep my knuckle busting seperate from my bio-hazards, and my face does not get to itch until I have scrubbed out after.

That said, finger-food is not an option until I get a fresh day's growth of skin after a post-squick surgical scrub.

Perhaps habenero sauce would be sufficiently disinfecting.

^^^^^^A glimpse into a day in the life of a man whose singular marketable talent is anal fisting....

It's charming to read Conager describing the mental hospital as the big concrete hillside home his parents live in.

The good doctor and his head nurse encouraged us to call them Mom and Dad. Made the stark place seem a little more homey.

The good doctor and his head nurse encouraged us to call them Mom and Dad. Made the stark place seem a little more homey.

I love the sound of nurse pantyhouse in the hall on her way to administer more morphine.

I'm with you unti the morphine. Morphine and I don't get along. Demerol please.

They all make me happy.

This is what I don't understand about sean...as our resident addict, you'd think he'd be happy or at least totally gooned out like byron was.

Today I learned how easy it really is to make the dumb ways to die list.

Death by wood trim. Stupid? Yes.

We are gutting a 250k to 300k house on the Yahara river. I was in the closet of the master bedroom and there were curtains still up on the wundow. I grabbed them by the bottom and yanked. Not only did the rod come down but the trim around the window with it. The trim caught me in the side of the neck. Fortunately for me, the opposite side of the nails.

Life is such a tenuous but amazing gift. I feel pretty lucky today. Silly, I know, but...

We are gutting a 250k to 300k house on the Yahara river. I was in the closet of the master bedroom and there were curtains still up on the wundow. I grabbed them by the bottom and yanked. Not only did the rod come down but the trim around the window with it. The trim caught me in the side of the neck. Fortunately for me, the opposite side of the nails.

Life is such a tenuous but amazing gift. I feel pretty lucky today. Silly, I know, but...

With your love of demolition, I can picture that you were likely real destructive as a child.

Glad you're alright ! Damn lady. Lucky is right.

The blurt thread got me thinking about training nurses and that reminded me of the last time I had one working on me.

Similar for your attempt at severing your carotid.

I had this old camper that some kids had busted some windows out of so I was removing the shards that were left in the frame. I was gently removing some along the bottom edge of a fairly narrow Florida style (jaulousy?) window pane. one piece was stubborn so I applied a little more pressure and a little more pressure until finally it just came out abruptly and my hand went up to the top of the frame. I ended up inserting a sharp sliver of glass under the skin of the back of my right hand in over an inch. It grazed my knuckle and went between a couple of prominent veins on the back of my hand and kind of under them. It missed my tendons. It bled significantly, but not as much as I would have thought when I gritted my teeth and yanked my hand off of the glass icicle.

If it had been the back of my left hand I would have probably tried doctoring it myself but since it was on the back of my right hand and I was going to have to flex it I wrapped a shirt around it and held it as tight as I could for the drive to the doc-in-the-box and had them put a couple of stitches in it.

I haven't thought about that for a long while and I had to search my hand quite a while to find the scar and now that I can see it again it's fairly obvious.

Thanks!

Tomorrow I get to bust up all the mirrors around the jacuzzi. Full walls full of mirror. I'm super excited

Remind me to steer clear of you till 2014 I don't want any of that bad luck rubbing off on me.

The blurt thread got me thinking about training nurses and that reminded me of the last time I had one working on me.

I had this old camper that some kids had busted some windows out of so I was removing the shards that were left in the frame. I was gently removing some along the bottom edge of a fairly narrow Florida style (jaulousy?) window pane. one piece was stubborn so I applied a little more pressure and a little more pressure until finally it just came out abruptly and my hand went up to the top of the frame. I ended up inserting a sharp sliver of glass under the skin of the back of my right hand in over an inch. It grazed my knuckle and went between a couple of prominent veins on the back of my hand and kind of under them. It missed my tendons. It bled significantly, but not as much as I would have thought when I gritted my teeth and yanked my hand off of the glass icicle.

If it had been the back of my left hand I would have probably tried doctoring it myself but since it was on the back of my right hand and I was going to have to flex it I wrapped a shirt around it and held it as tight as I could for the drive to the doc-in-the-box and had them put a couple of stitches in it.

I haven't thought about that for a long while and I had to search my hand quite a while to find the scar and now that I can see it again it's fairly obvious.

Sounds very similar to how I stabbed myself in the palm of my left hand a few weeks ago trying to get a new set of kitchen knives out of a ridiculously tight and complicated package. The more a sharp object is stuck in place, the more force attempting to remove it becomes increasingly dangerous as additional force is applied.

Hey, Jezz! Go easy on those mirrors. Don't see how hard you can throw the baseball. Wear gloves, long sleeves and eye protection. Maybe some towels or blankets between you and the glass and tap lightly with that hammer. Be smart.

If we had wanted a blood bath, we would have sent Eyer to do the job. Come to think of it....

Sounds very similar to how I stabbed myself in the palm of my left hand a few weeks ago trying to get a new set of kitchen knives out of a ridiculously tight and complicated package. The more a sharp object is stuck in place, the more force attempting to remove it becomes increasingly dangerous as additional force is applied.

Hey, Jezz! Go easy on those mirrors. Don't see how hard you can throw the baseball. Wear gloves, long sleeves and eye protection. Maybe some towels or blankets between you and the glass and tap lightly with that hammer. Be smart.

If we had wanted a blood bath, we would have sent Eyer to do the job. Come to think of it....

Speaking of knives more than once I was taught the hard lesson that a dull knife is much more dangerous than a sharp one. Same reason. You're applying more and more pressure trying to get it to cut and then it slips.

That mirror job is a one person affair. I would not want to be in the same room with somebody trying to get those off the wall. You never know which direction what's coming at you.

I can't remember why I personally was getting involved in it but back when I was selling real estate I had a client with one of those 1970s walls with a 12 by 12 square cork then a mirror, then a square of cork, then a mirror and so on, in a checkerboard pattern.

The mirrors were each held on by double stick tape in each corner and I was able to loosen them with a putty knife between the wall and they came out pretty clean but the cork was a nightmare.

Since removing them was my idea and I was quite certain that it would be relatively easy and -at most- involve a little texture on the wall I basically ended up volunteering myself to re-drywall it when I was done. What I ended up doing was sheetrocking with a quarter inch sheets rather than repair all the damage that would be incurred if I had to get all of that glue off that wall.

Last edited:

I have put a lit of blood sweat and tears I to this job. It is always a new adventure every day. Today sis mirror day. It will be one of the last things I do today though. I no longer consider it a hard days work if I don't co.e home with bruises as evidence of my endeavors.

Remind me to steer clear of you till 2014 I don't want any of that bad luck rubbing off on me.

2014?? Going back in time are we? I've probably racked up 17k years of bad luck with all the mirrors I break, however, I have decided that it doesn't count if it's an intentional breakage of the mirror.... the rules according to jezzilee.

I promise to be careful Colonel. This house is being gutted because it is entirely covered in mold. The drywall literally crumbles as you pull it down which makes removal a bit more interesting as e have to bucket everything instead of carrying it out in big pieces. I love my job.

Last edited:

Sounds like perverse fun. Gutting an expensive house, that is- - not catching a nail in the neck.

Back