What horrible, terrible thing will...

He is right. The limit is 49, so many people who want to be in there will not get access. It's not his fault that their representatives threw a hissy-fit and demanded access be limited to their hand-picked 49.

The press has been hostile to him, they have promoted fake news and they did all they could to drag his opponent over the finish line. Now they are telling him once again, we set the rules, we tell you what to do, all the other Republicans have accepted that.

Well, fuck them. He's not the one who put them in the pickle they are in, they are responsible for the hostility and they are about to suffer the consequences for that. Let them character-assasinate from their office cubicles...

When you openly choose sides, then no one has to be fair to you.

Capice?

No capice! I absolutely do not understand an American who doesn't support freedom of the press.
 
For one thing, he's giving a campaign speech at CIA headquarters, even though there's no campaign and it's, er, CIA headquarters.
 
For one thing, he's giving a campaign speech at CIA headquarters, even though there's no campaign and it's, er, CIA headquarters.

And he's claiming a million and a half people turned up for his inauguration.
 
No capice! I absolutely do not understand an American who doesn't support freedom of the press.

And only you and those of your stripe could view a move to relocate the press briefing facility into a LARGER room in the Old Executive Office building accommodating MORE reporters as an "assault" on freedom of the press. The whole West Wing access argument is a wholesale fiction to begin with. Even accredited White House reporters are physically restricted to the press briefing room, work space cubicles in an adjoining room and the nearby Press Office staff offices.

For that matter, EVERYONE who works in the White House is highly restricted to the various areas they can go. The idea that reporters wander around the halls of the West Wing chatting with staff or eavesdropping on confidential conversations between staff is utterly laughable. When a reporter has need to be anywhere in the White House to participate in coverage i.e. East Wing press conferences, state dinners, photo ops, etc. they are escorted there and back by Press Office staff.

Furthermore, information from "highly placed administration sources" they might develop on their own would almost NEVER be exchanged on White House grounds. Presidents tend to frown on their staffers going rogue and leaking confidential information. No White House staffer interested in keeping his or her job is going to risk it by having a reporter stop by his or her office for a visit. Few staffers would even have the authority to hold such a meeting. That type of exchange is necessarily going to occur in private OFF SITE or perhaps over the phone and probably NOT a White House phone.

So this whole nonsense about the need of the White House Press Corps to have physical West Wing access to protect the freedom of the press and free flow of information to the American people is silly beyond belief. It is all about nothing more than being cast member in a televised dog and pony show and the exalted privilege of wearing a laminated plastic card on a lanyard around your neck while sitting in a room just down the hall from the most powerful man in the world.

But for as much as it matters, they are no more functionally closer to him than a bunch of Irish drunks in a bar watching the whole charade on CNN.
 
No capice! I absolutely do not understand an American who doesn't support freedom of the press.

Oh, they're free to print any fucking thing they want about him, and that's pretty much how they got themselves into the pickle they're in...

... whether or not he gives them personal access to a briefing impinges upon that right not one fucking wit. He's in charge now and he's not the type of person who is going to kowtow to the press just because they think freedom of the press gives them the right to be obnoxious jerks and to misuse their influence TO TRY AND INFLUENCE AND CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF THE ELECTION!

Call it a rational response to the third debater from the Romney run. Romney just stop there and took a bitch-slapping and now the press is learning the sting of a bith-slapping.
 
Last edited:
Now, I've been perusing the news this morning, and I still have not found that one horrible thing that he has done since Friday's swearing in...


:eek:

All I've seen are the imaginative rantings of the Left and Madonna firing up the crowd by stating that she has been thinking a lot about blowing up the White House.
 
Another example: The reporter who tweeted that the bust of MLK had been removed from the Oval Office. It wasn't true, but it was the kind of thing that he imagined that Trump would do...

;)

... that guy should have his access stripped by the White House for promoting FAKE NEWS.
 
From Clarice Feldman's piece this morning, Requiem for a Lightweight:

The NYT does not call the tune any longer. Voters get their news from a jillion sources on the Internet. The Times is a voice and a big voice. But there are a billion other voices now. And about half of the nation just does not believe Big Media any longer. They don’t buy the vicious lie that white people are all racists. They know that the Black Caucus and Black Lives Matter are real racists. They know Joe Sixpack isn’t and anyway, they don’t care.

They’re sick of being pushed around. They elected a tough guy who won’t be pushed around. He’s a shtarker and he cannot be broken in spirit by the thugs and bullies of the media.

The left will beat and beat and huff and puff. But it’s a different world now. Again… The people who elected Trump don’t remotely believe he’s a racist and they’re sick of hearing it anyway.

This Trump guy. He’s not a sensitive soul like Nixon. He knows how pitifully jealous the media people are. He owes them nothing. He sneers at them. He’s moving them out of the White House. It’s brilliant. He’s making real the truth of now. The media are not good guys by and large. They’re jealous snobs. They are not running the show any longer. One tweet from Trump blows their 5,000 word stories to bits. This battle over Trump’s legitimacy is done. In Trump’s mind and in his legions’ minds, he’s legitimate and the media isn’t. He knows how the world works. It really is a reality TV show now. He’s some dope.

Ben Stein​

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/01/requiem_for_a_lightweight.html#ixzz4WUNK8Iqo
 
Let's take George Will, for example. He was free to call Trump and his speech dystopian.

;) ;)

This morning we find out that FOX felt free to not renew his contract...
 
So M&M (Matthews and Maddow) are invoking Godwin's Law on a regular basis...



They're free to do that and the White House is certainly free to exclude them from any sort of access and to allow them to scream from the fence.


:cool:
 
Let's take George Will, for example. He was free to call Trump and his speech dystopian.

;) ;)

This morning we find out that FOX felt free to not renew his contract...

Will started wobbling leftwards back in the 90's. Little breaks here and there. A slow corruption most likely brought about by the company he kept and the parties he attended. DC and New York are like that, corrupting and isolating.

Ishmael
 
There's a lot of iron in those words.


;) ;)


Still, I don't think CNN will be on his doorbell this morning...
 
Individual Mandate gone by executive order.

Just as bad as when Obama did it. Some such power was partially built into the law, removing or delaying it entirely is not within the executive branch's authority any more than Obama could exempt every possible immigration violation. Yes on a case by case badis he had prosecutorial discretion; saying do not faithfully execute the law on an entire group of people is illegal on its face.

Wiggle room on ACA mandate is law allows hardship exemptions. Since everyone (that actually pays premiums)was (predictably) harmed by the ACA, Obama did, and Trump can cite precedent.

The only notable thing the Obama administration enshrined into law is dead.
 
The only thing that will suffer is his ego.

Ishmael

Probably not. As you noted just above, with his departure from FOX his esteem will grow with his peers...

;) ;)

... the whole NRO crew with the exception of VDH is probably gaining some respect from the beltway cocktail circuit.
 
Individual Mandate gone by executive order.

Just as bad as when Obama did it. Some such power was partially built into the law, removing or delaying it entirely is not within the executive branch's authority any more than Obama could exempt every possible immigration violation. Yes on a case by case badis he had prosecutorial discretion; saying do not faithfully execute the law on an entire group of people is illegal on its face.

Wiggle room on ACA mandate is law allows hardship exemptions. Since everyone (that actually pays premiums)was (predictably) harmed by the ACA, Obama did, and Trump can cite precedent.

The only notable thing the Obama administration enshrined into law is dead.

The Democrats rewrote and violated their own rules as well as the Constitution to get that bill passed.

The precedent has been established. The law, as Hogan points out, does not defer to the Constitution, its guidepost is precedent.

The Democrats didn't worry about establishing precedent because they saw no way that the White House or the Congress would ever be wrested from them again...
 
Probably not. As you noted just above, with his departure from FOX his esteem will grow with his peers...

;) ;)

... the whole NRO crew with the exception of VDH is probably gaining some respect from the beltway cocktail circuit.

With those guys it's all about 'face time' and print inches, his ego will suffer. Maybe MSNBC will pick him up as their token conservative.

Ishmael
 
Oh, I'm sure that ABC, NBC, CBS will find some time for him.

;) ;)

They jumped on Megyn like chickens on a June Bug...
 
I don't think Megyn ever got over the fact that Ainsly's book sold better than hers despite her promoting it non-stop for fucking months...
 
Back
Top