Decadents and Dropouts IC

"Um, nice to see you again too."

This was a rather uncomfortable position, up next to her like this. Granted, he was tired, hungery, and nearly magiced out, but a dozen spells ran across his mind to get her off. Koetia growled at her lightly, at least until she finnaly let him go. "Don't fuss over the pony, it was just something to say. Oh," he spotted the waiter coming over with a rat in his hand "Over here sir!" he raised his hand and received the rat before him. "Bring out the cat flank next, thank you." He handed the man a golden coin from his pouch. " And they'll be more where that came from if you're fast."

"Plesent to meet you Trunfor," Canut shook the man's hand when he extended it. "I'm sure you won't forget Koetia, she's a bit hard to miss. Say hello to the nice man, girl." Koetia gave him a soft lick on the leg. "Don't worry, she greets everybody like that," he quickly did damage control. "She's not exactly right in the head."

"Anyways," he pulled a chunk off his rat and swallowed it whole. "What is this merry band doing in the City of Forges? It's not exactly a top rated tourist attraction."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss smiled at Tronfur. "Don't worry. have a good night, maybe we need a little longer." She turned back to Kanut. She was curious what has happened to him, although she was not sure if he would tell anyone.
"We have agreed to meet at the Forges before, and of course I renembered. Gryph was one of the guests on poor Marcus place, when the evil thugs raided the place. Verialyn was at a different plce then us, so I sadly do not know anything about here. Relic dissapeared earlier, now I recall, before the attack on the mansion." she paused a moment, suddenly renembering tronfurs description of their two stalkers. "And then we met Trunfor in this city, and agreed to let him join us." Phyliss stopped to have anoter drink. She noticed that the half-elf was still close to them. Who was he, by the way, and what was his business? Did anybody tell her? The wine was already getting to her head, and she leaned slightly against Gryph.
 
Gryph

He felt Phyliss lean against him and he remained where he was, clearly the wine was starting to have an effect on her and he may be needed later on to help her to the room. He looked as Canut ate his meal, he didn't particularly like rats, but roasted over a fire they did save him from starvation a few times.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor tossed and turned but he just couldn`t fall asleep. So much had happened in the last few days and it kept him on edge and warry. Trunfor got up and went to the window, gazing out at the view.
 
Phyliss Ovida

While Phyliss kept drinking, she felt that she could talk about what occupied her mind so long. "I think, if we all get good along together, why should we separate so soon again? We are all safer together... I mean each of us nows the hostility of the humans...and the others dwarfs and so on. But who would dare to attack us in this group? I mean a band of peasants or such unpleasant people? We could stick together in some place, we first thought of a riverboat. But I heard about really big rafts floating in the city, much easier to achieve and handle, and plenty of room, we could have seperate cozy places..." she looked around, resting her elbows on the table, putting her head on her hands, almost a little pouting while she waited.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor walked back down the stairs, he needed to be with his friends. Ever since he had met them, Trunfor had been happy for the first time in years. He`d been away from his friends for about an hour and he needed to check up on them.

When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he saw that his friends were still sitting around and drinking. He noticed that Phyliss was suffering from the effects of the alcohol. Trunfor approached her and shook her a bit.

"Hey Phyliss, I don`t think you should be drinking anymore. Come on Gryph help me get Phyliss up to bed, she needs to sleep this stuff off." Then Trunfor offered his hand to Phyliss waiting for her to take it.
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Uhh..ohh..but I am not tired yet..." she looked around and pouted. "I wont go to bed after you have answered me."
 
Gryph

He arched an eyebrow at Trunfor

"My dear Trunfor, I can carry you both up to bed. Ever thought that maybe I am not just this big, but carry these muscles for strength as well?"
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor looked at Phyliss wih confusion, "Answered you about what Phyliss?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Oh, you weren't there." she took another drink. "I mean, if we all stick together and get us a big raft somehow, and travel along the river until we find something even better."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor smiled at her, "Sure, I`m bound to follow you no matter what and I have no where else to go."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss leaned down the table, her snakes squirming around. "And how about with the rest of you?"
 
Gryph

He got to his feet, mumbling something about visiting the little dragon's room and walked out of the door. Outside he came face to face with two orcs, they looked at the huge back pack, the armor and hood, then started laughing at him.

"What are you? A human? You look totally pathetic!"

Gryph grabbed the orc by the throat and lifted him up, hauling back he threw the orc against the nearest wall. The orc impacted so hard with the wall that the wall shook and dust raised from the wall. He turned and grabbed the other orc and lifted him from the ground as well and half turning he slammed the orc into the ground. He whipped the hood from his face and leaned over the barely conscious orc,

"My name is Gryph, do well not to anger me puny creature"

He stalked off towards the back of the Inn, grumbling in anger, he found a quiet, dark spot between the stalls and Inn and sat down. He needed time to think and this was a good spot.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor helped Phyliss to her feet and expected Gryph to help, but he wasn`t there. "Come on Phyliss, I`ll take you to your room, Gryph should be along soon. I think Gryph went to the bathroom" Then he started helping Phyliss up the stairs.
 
OCC: Guys don`t check Marcus13`s posts it`s probably spam. I saw his profile and click other posts by Marcus13. He`s sending the same thing to several different threads. I`m going to report him to a moderator.
 
Phyliss Ovida

"But they haven't answered me yet all! protested Phyliss as Trunfor took her arm and brought her upstairs. In another mood and situation she would have made quite a scene, but she would have found it humilating to fight with a friend on a tavern. Besides, she was really tired, all the pressure and fear of the last days took their toll. She sat on the bed and just dropped backward, asleep for the moment.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor smiled at her, the alcohol was taking effect. As he helped her onto the bed, he began stroking her "hair" in a comforting way, enjoying the feel of the snakes as the entwined around his fingers.

Before she fell asleep he whispered, "Don`t worry, they`ll give you an answer in the morning."

It was odd, whenever he was near Phyliss, Trunfor felt the sadness and lonelyness from his past vanish from him. She always made him feel happy and safe, whether it was from the magical bond he had formed with her or some other reason he couldn`t tell.

Trunfor pulled up a chair next to Phyliss`s bed and sat down on it. Since he couldn`t get to sleep he decided to stay up all night and watch over Phyliss.
 
-Z-

He hadn't even bothered hiding or being inconspicuous. Simply sitting at the table next to them he could hear everything they chatted about. They couldn't all be so naive, could they?

"But who would dare to attack us in this group?"

When the inebriated gorgon said that, it hit a chord. How many times did they tell him that back home? These kids had no idea. On their own, these kids would just be seen as a random monster, if they were seen at all. If they were unlucky some alchemist looking for ingredients would hire a hunter to take them out. If they were lucky, that hunter would be "Zahn."

But when people see a group of "monsters" together...they always assume the worst. An angry mobs of peasants won't be deterred from a lynching just because they'll likely get killed. And once you kill some peasants, it doesn't take long for a bunch of morons swinging swords and calling themselves "adventurers" to show up.

Z shook his mind free of some unpleasant memories the situation had drug up. He had his own problems right now. Well, "Zahn" was the one with the problems, but Z had been hoping to keep up this persona a little longer.

The draconian had just excused himself, and it wasn't long before the doting cambion took the gorgon up the stairs. Leaving the ilythiiran, the kobold and the....other thing at their table.

Z truly wanted to help these kids, he still had a decent amount of coin, or at the very least he could give them some advice. It wasn't that long ago he was in a similar situation.

He shook his head softly. "Get your mind out of the ether, Z. You've got your own problems"

Z rose from his seat, stretched and yawned. Slowly, he meandered to his room upstairs, making sure to sell the fact that he was exhausted. After stumbling in to his room he shut the door. Thirty seconds with his ear to the door to make sure no one was coming, and he was satisfied.

He was always slightly disturbed by how quickly and easily he could remove his clothes. As soon as he took his clothes off he made the change. Being human was never much fun, but it worked for what he needed. Instead of traveling gear, he donned the simple merchant's outfit he had with him and pulled on a fur lined brown hooded-cloak. He pulled his backpack on after he put his gear in it. Everything managed to fit, except that damn crossbow.

With gear in tow, Z made sure there was nothing of his left in this crappy room and moved to the window. A quick glance outside showed no obvious onlookers. Quickly and quietly he climbed to the room above him, slid in the window and did a thorough search of the room.

Renting two rooms got expensive over the years, but it was always worth it. All he needed to do now was find a way to get something out of "Zahn." It wouldn't be hard as he'd done this song and dance dozens of times. It just required him to think and plan. So why couldn't he focus on this? Why did he just keep worrying about those kids?

"Damn it Z, you're going to regret this" He sighed, set down his bag and crossbow, composed himself and headed back to the common room.

A tanned skin human male approached the dark-elf and kobold. His black hair had begun to gray, and he kept it neatly combed. His doublet was nicer than what most of the people here wore, not ostentatious but still quite nice. The goatee on his face had already gone gray, and he gave a dashing smile.

"I greet you, travelers. I am the humble merchant Zaeel kal'Zaroshi. I hope I do not impose upon your conversation, but I have....curiosity? Eh...no...the word is...question! Ah yes, I have for you a question." Taking a seat he kept the smile up. "I have a question about your...goals? No...plans! Yes, what are your plans, friends? Am I mistaken in saying you seek travel down the river?"
 
Relic

With Phyliss retired for the night, and Trunfor seemingly staying with her (or returning to a different room), it left Relic sitting at the table with the kobald. Both Gryph who she had nodded to, and the other man who had been involved in the conflict had walked off.

So now she sat finishing up the rest of the wine, wondering about Phyliss' question.

Relic never planned on staying in one place for long, it automatically meant having to take extra care working in your own backyard. She liked moving to new towns and cities, and looking for unsuspecting people. But this boat idea was something to at least think about.

It wasn't too long after she had finished several glasses of wine that an unknown man approached the table. Curious he said? Well, she was curious about the finer objects he wore. But she kept her interest to herself for the moment.

"Why would you be curious? Does this concern you?" she questioned, leaning forward to stare him in the eyes. He gave off an odd feeling. De'ja vu perhaps.


((I'm always offline when you guys are on, lol))
 
Last edited:
-Z-

'Zaeel' returned the elf's stare, still holding his smile. He held her gaze for two seconds before breaking off with a deep laugh and turning to the kobold.

"You are lucky, master kobold. Your companion knows when to be cautious. Ha!" Giving a sly glance to the side back to the elf, Z lowered his voice. "I do hope, mind you, that your cautiousness does not lead to...paraplegia....no, no...paranoia. Your friend...or companion...or associate...or however you wish to describe him, was willing to aid my employee. He insists he had the situation under control, but one half-elf against three rather angry half-orcs doesn't seem like much control. Then of course was his willingness to use your kind cambion as a decoy for his own escape...tch-tch-tch...shameful."

Z leaned back in his seat. "I am grateful for the kindness of your friend, and shamed by the cowardice of one in my service. The honor of my family demands that I offer aid. So, whatever you and your friends decide as a course of action...I, Zaeel kal'Zaroshi, shall do whatever I can to ensure it happens."

After his little speech, Z hooked his thumbs in his belt and kept the pleasant smile.
 
Relic

Leaning back in her chair, Relic crossed her arms. Before smiling back at him. If he wanted to play, so would she.

"If it is aid that you are here to offer, then my cup is empty. And so is his. And I believe I am feeling slightly hungry after our travels. Or is this aid a different sort? Are you simply here to find out our plans, and aid with those?" Relic questioned. Still uncertain about this man. It was like he had a scent to him she disliked. No, perhaps it was that smile.

Humans smiled like that too often.

Putting a foot on his chair in between his legs, she kept her gaze on his. Unsure if Kanut was going to pick up the conversation.
 
-Z-

"Ha! I like you, young elf. The selection in this...cavern? Yes? The selection in this cavern is not likely to be exquisite, but I have no objection to paying for whatever you wish to sup upon." Z waved to the nearest tavern wench. "Be reasonable, if you would, my pretty young friend. It would be sad to find that in the morning all my coin had been sacrificed to the dizzy djinni."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor kept a watch over Phyliss, it was his duty after all since he was her servant and bodyguard. He didn`t start to get bored so Trunfor got up and went to his pack. He drew out his journal, then sat back down next to Phyliss and began reading the book.

He recorded everything in his journal; the resent events, his feeling, and his thoughts on certain ideas. He even recorded his feelings towards Phyliss on it.

Trunfor looked around and began to wonder how evryone was doing. He went back to his journal and began writing.
 
Relic

It was by far a start, but until the half-elf from earlier returned she didn't feel like trusting this man anymore than she had to. But maybe he had those coins he had been talking about. Leaning forward on the table, Relic smiled. "Oh, I'm sure I can think of other items your coin can be used for. But some more wine, and some bread will suffice for now. Kind sir."

Resting on one arm, she looked the man up and down, before turning to the wench that approached them.

"Bring another pitcher of wine, and a plate of salted beef and bread."

Looking up the stairs towards the rooms, and then out towards the door that Gryph had left through, Relic wondered what was keeping him. Perhaps he slept outside?

She had done that often. Or perhaps he was jealous of Phyliss' 'like' of other men.
 
-Z-

"Well...I suppose this is where you expect me to attempt to pry information out of you under a careful guise of friendship and small talk? Ha!" Zaeel pulled out a small object from his pocket. It appeared to be a silver coin, though not as lustrous as silver, and it had a hexagonal hole in the middle of it. There may have been an imprint on it at one point, but the coin had obviously been handled often. He absent-mindlessly rolled the coin between his fingers in a pattern.

"You may tell me as much or as little about yourselves as you wish. I offer aid in payment for actions performed, not character inferred. It is...easier...shall we say...if I am permitted to imagine some noble and heartwarming backstory for you and your friends. This...young lady...would be why I have forsaken courtesy and not asked your names, even though I readily offered mine."

Z needed them to feel they had as many advantages over 'Zaeel' as they could get if they were going to accept the help of some strange human. More than that, though, Z wanted to make sure he didn't get personally invested in this charitable act. He learned a long time ago that a doppelganger with a heart of gold gets killed a lot faster than his nefarious kin.
 
Back
Top