Sexual Heath- Questions

Re: Re: Vaginal tearing

Valcorie said:
Update...I finaly figured out exactly what tore. It was extra tissue from my hymen. I have been sexualy active for about 6 years. But apparently there was enough tissue to tear about a quarter inch. Ouch!

Has any one out in internet land had a similar experiance?

lol
valcorie
:rose:

I've certainly never had an experience like this (my girlfriend had broken her before she met me) but I know that hymens can very a LOT in thickness, with some being so thick they have to be surgically removed.

Also, hymens vary in the kind of openings they have. Some are perforated throughout, somewhat akin to swiss cheese (sorry for the mental image) Others have one large opening, or maybe two slightly smaller opening.

Did you ask if there was much else left?

dear sweetnpetite:your problem with anal sex(and his sideffects):you can go to puckerup.com or,better yet,to jack morin
site.His book is very informative and helpful.It sounds to me that you're not Fully relaxed(at least that's what i have understood),hence the soreness and the other problems.It's easy to have anal sex in a way,but many people don't relate with that part of the body,that can cause some disconfort,especially from taboos and misinformation;it's like using a hand ,wothout knowing what is made of,or without feeling it:i'm speaking in general,not about you,now;there are some excercises to better the awareness and also the muscles there,similar to kegels:they also lessen the risk of having hemorroids.They also reduce chronical anal tension,a common problem often ignored.
About semen:it contains proteins,but skin can't absorb it,really.There's also fructose.Unless someone has some vd,there's no harm in swallowing it,unless there's some allergic to it,and that may happen,believe it or not.
Kudos to pinkorchid for the bit about nonoxynol:Thanks to everybody for all the information!

Here is one... I have had problems with my periods for years. I have been to several doctors...had a laparoscpoy, many ultrasounds and tried many different medications. I have no Stds...no weird infections. My periods are crippling though. I get cramps so bad I cant eat..i throw up...Its awful. IM on birth controll now and it still happens. Im so sick of going to the doc. They say there is nothign wrong with me. WHY DO I HURT? I even tried therapy, thinking this was some weird psychosomataform disorder. Nope...anyone else have issues with this? Orgasms tend to make it worse...

lovechild27 said:
Here is one... I have had problems with my periods for years. I have been to several doctors...had a laparoscpoy, many ultrasounds and tried many different medications. I have no Stds...no weird infections. My periods are crippling though. I get cramps so bad I cant eat..i throw up...Its awful. IM on birth controll now and it still happens. Im so sick of going to the doc. They say there is nothign wrong with me. WHY DO I HURT? I even tried therapy, thinking this was some weird psychosomataform disorder. Nope...anyone else have issues with this? Orgasms tend to make it worse...

I had the same problems, lovechild. Birth control helped more after i'd been on it a while. At least i'm not throwing up, having dizzy spells, and hot flashes anymore. The cramps can still be pretty bad though, at times, so bad that they extend down through my thighs.

The only medication that ever gives me any relief is Anaprox, the prescription form of Aleve. The key is that i have to start taking it about 18 hours before i think my period is going to start and not miss a dose. If you haven't tried Anaprox, pm me and i'll explain in more detail how i take it.

lovechild27 said:

Curious... do you smoke? That can increase the pain you have in cramps since it reduces blood flow...

sweetsubsarahh said:
All involved parties should urinate after sex as it helps to clean out the lines - lol

is this only after intercourse or always after having an orgasm?

morninggirl5 said:
The cramps can still be pretty bad though, at times, so bad that they extend down through my thighs.

Yep, I had these ones too, and at 13, people thought I was just trying to get out of going to school when I said that the period pain meant that I couldn't walk.

I tried a few versions of the pill until I found one that worked for me. I still get cramps, but nothing near as crippling as they were.

Keep trying, and don't give up looking for a reason and a solution - just because 50 doctors say there's nothing wrong with you, the 51st one might have a different perspective and be able to change your life for the better!

~Cakegirl

I suffered from extreme period pain.....it was like my uterus had tied itself in knots and I also had pain down my thighs and in my back as well. The pill helped lots, until I went off it to conceive and every month it got worse. The doctor prescribed Digesic (pain med), Buscopan (muscle relaxant) and Ponstan (anti prostaglandin) which helped lots. When I had my first baby - wham no more pain. It took 18 months of hell to conceive that child though :(

Valcorie said:
I have heard that is you pee after sex, it helps to reduce your risk of bladder infections. Does anyone know if it is true?

Thank you,

Valcorie
:confused:

This is true, as well as peeing prior to intercourse. For those that get frequent UTI's after sex, you can be put on an antibiotic (such as Macrodantin) to take prior to intercourse to help prevent another UTI....

Last edited:
Cakegirl said:
Yep, I had these ones too, and at 13, people thought I was just trying to get out of going to school when I said that the period pain meant that I couldn't walk.

I tried a few versions of the pill until I found one that worked for me. I still get cramps, but nothing near as crippling as they were.

Keep trying, and don't give up looking for a reason and a solution - just because 50 doctors say there's nothing wrong with you, the 51st one might have a different perspective and be able to change your life for the better!

~Cakegirl

With my prescription pain reliever and the BCP, i'm fully functional now. I have other problems that limit the BCP options for me. The one i'm on now isn't perfect for either issue, but it's a compromise that my doctor and I agree is the best likely to be found.

well I have been on the pill four years straight..Ive never smoked...I keep in good shape. I was told that after I have kids it will prob go away. Great...I dont plan on having kids until Im done with my 7 more years of college. YAY! I have been given normal pain stuff, not any of the stuff you guys are suggesting. Maybe I need to talk with my doc. They wanted to put me on Lupron (think thats what it is) which as my doc put it, would put me into early menopause. IM 22! Uhh...no thanks!

painful mesus

lovechild27 said:

I am prone to ovarian cysts, and painful mensus. My doctor told me that ovarian cysts are of course how the egg is released every month. But that most women with overly painful periods, have slightly enlarged cysts that burst naturaly in there cycle. it cause very sever pain. But, it is very hard to diagnose or treat. If you don't have an ultra sound or any tests in the short few day span you have a cyst, I doctor most likely wouldn't know what was going on. Most doctors consider it normal or don't consider it at all. Birth control pills help some people. So do anti inflamitories such as perscription ibprofen.

It may not be your sistuation. But, perhaps it is not something your doctor considered. It may be worth asking him or her.

Good luck!

:)
valcorie

lovechild27 said:
well I have been on the pill four years straight..Ive never smoked...I keep in good shape. I was told that after I have kids it will prob go away. Great...I dont plan on having kids until Im done with my 7 more years of college. YAY! I have been given normal pain stuff, not any of the stuff you guys are suggesting. Maybe I need to talk with my doc. They wanted to put me on Lupron (think thats what it is) which as my doc put it, would put me into early menopause. IM 22! Uhh...no thanks!

Lovechild,

Why does your doc want to put you on Lupron? Does he have a firm diagnosis of Endometriosis? Lupron is not a drug to take without a definite diagnosis of something. It is a very hard drug on the system. It will put you in to a chemical menopause TEMPORARILY (your periods return approximately 6weeks to 12 weeks following discontinuation of the medicine).

Again, unless you have a definite diagnosis of something (Lupron is used for Endometriosis as well as large symptomatic Fibroids), do not use Lupron. Even with what they call addback therapy (they give you a small amount of estrogen to help counteract the side effects), I still developed osteoporosis. I am in my mid 30's and have the bones of an 80 year old!!!! All because of Lupron!

Feel free to PM me to talk about this further....I will be happy to help.

*bump*

because this is a great thread, with an awful lot of really good information on it!

Something my man and I have been wondering about lately...

How common is it for a man to be SO sensitive after he ejaculates, that even the lightest touch hurts? So sensitive that touching him is out of the question, and if he stays inside me for a while afterward, even that hurts? Even, say...having a fan in the room, on a low setting, and the air flowing from it makes his penis hurt like hell?

It doesn't happen all the time...but easily half the time. It's something that we're getting more curious about. We wonder if there is something specific that causes this?

Thanks. :)

S.

I don't have that problem, but I DO have one similar.

After an orgasm I get a strong urge to pee. Even if I went right before sex, the urge will still be there. If I DON'T go pee, my penis will start aching after a while, a dull pain around the base that hurts more if its squeezed or rubbed. Peeing helps, but the pain will remain for the better part of a day.

The more times I cum, the more I have to pee, and the harsher the pain will be afterwards. Most of the time I just get up and give in, but I'm still curious as to what is going on down there.

I've done a little research on this before and I found this Research . It was pretty useful.

I get the headaches mentioned in the article too, but I had surmised they resulted from the increased blood pressure long before I read the article.

C'est la vie.

Golden showers are OK as urine carries few bacteria, but be very careful fooling with scat, it can be deadly, lots of harmful bacteria and one of the major causes of transmitted decease

sweetsubsarahh said:
All involved parties should urinate after sex as it helps to clean out the lines - lol

(That is, if you have enough energy to make it to the bathroom . . .)

:p

About 2 months ago, I didn't have enough energy to do anything but roll over and fall asleep :p I got a UTI and didn't go to the doctor right away (I know, I know, that's bad) but about 5 days later, it seemed to go away. However, sometimes it seems kind of like the UTI is back. I get the urge to pee constantly again, but I only get that feeling in the morning; once I get moving and eat and everything, I'm usually okay. This just seems to happen on random days, maybe 2 mornings in a row, a week apart. Can any one explain this?

Urinary Tract Infections aren't dangerous in and of themselves. Its the fact that they can travel upwards into your kidneys that makes them real killers.

My girlfriend recently had a urinary tract infection that went into one of her kidneys and she nearly lost it.

I'd suggest seeing a doctor and seeing what he says.

hey guys

what's the go with "turn your head and cough"? what exactly does the doctor do and what is he checking for?

Turn your head and cough

JigglyJoan said:
hey guys

what's the go with "turn your head and cough"? what exactly does the doctor do and what is he checking for?

Isn't that what they ask you to do when they check
for hernia?

Re: Turn your head and cough

anders^g said:
Isn't that what they ask you to do when they check
for hernia?

that's what i'd like to know! not being a guy i am curious. what does the dr holding or to your balls and getting you to cough show?

I'm not a doctor, so I can't tell you what it shows. But all of your muscles are connected together, and for some odd reason the diaphram (the muscle that contracts and expands your lungs) seems to have a pretty strong connection to the muscle that retracts your testicles.

Ask a guy to cough while peeing (or wait until he gets the flu) and he'll figure out what I mean.

As near as I can tell, the doctor is checking to make sure your nuts move the right way when you cough, proving that you don't have any hernias. Maybe it allows the Doc to feel them better or something.

I dunno. :confused:

Back