Was This Too Mean?

I didn't even think one would be entitled to an answer with that starting one-liner :rolleyes:


I try to answer every PM I get, unless they are rude or vulgar (and I might even answer a vulgar one that's well written).
 
You act like LC is the egyptian god of writing and a single sentance from him is a blessing. He's an active poster and it isn't hard to get him to respond to something, otherwise his post coun't wouldn't be that high. By his knowledge on writing(all I really know of him), he's a cool dude. The only thing brutal(read hilarious) is his arguments with Pilot. Other than being site owner; Laural isn't even put on that high a pedestal, hell... I've seen people be outright rude to her and get away with it.

K. Thanks. The question there would be if the people being rude knew they were speaking to Laurel? What does Laurel have to do w/this argument? Am I missing something poster I've never spoken/posted with now known JaxRhapsody? You'r agreeing yet disagreeing - which is it going to be?
 
Political Correctness. Silencing people with an opinion that is deemed offensive and goes against imposed social normative order, so people don't get their feelings hurt, or beliefs stomped on, whether it be from fact or opinion. The kinda people that eat unbuttered toast for breakfast and think mayo is too spicy.

K. Thanks. It's been answered twice. Is it in your nature to pursue posters w/out explanation and putting your own spin on facts?

Would you be so kind to answer questions I posed in my last post to you above? Please do so w/out adding persons to the thread that don't appear to be within this conversation nor whatever you may think my motives or hero worship may be. Thanks.

My apologies for overlooking your comments earlier.
 
Last edited:
I used to be really, really fussy about other people's spelling and grammar. I assumed that people who couldn't spell were stupid or lazy.

Then I became friends with a dyslexic guy. Through that friendship I came to understand that spelling isn't a reliable indicator of intelligence, and that unsolicited nitpicking wasn't helpful or kind, so I stopped.

Later on, I encountered the idea of a shibboleth and started thinking about why some variants of English are generally accepted and others are not. The answers to that question gave me all the more reason to cut down on policing other people's English. These days I only do it if somebody asks for critique (flaming other people's spelling counts as "asking for it" ;-) or when I genuinely can't understand what they're saying.
Is there a thread topic on that somewhere? There's a lot of misunderstanding in posting when it comes to such posts.

I have no problem with the occasional misspelling or slang terms. I see posts as if there's a verbal exchange in conversation. I do not view it as if I'm critiquing a book.

And to the side, I do suffer from aphasia due to an accident I had no control over some 7 months ago. It's extremely frustrating at times. I often have trouble getting my words out. It shows in my posts sometimes as well.

Actually, I tend to get emotional about the aphasia. Mostly at myself. Possibly because I lack the ability to control what was once as easy as any normal person.
 
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I've written that exact sentence myself at various points, or at least very similar versions thereof.

Mind you, I am pretty mean.
 
I don't think you were too mean, perhaps a bit snarky, but in my opinion he deserved it.
 
K. Thanks. The question there would be if the people being rude knew they were speaking to Laurel? What does Laurel have to do w/this argument? Am I missing something poster I've never spoken/posted with now known JaxRhapsody? You'r agreeing yet disagreeing - which is it going to be?

The answer is yes. I was using her as an example, she's the site owner, kinda hard to not know you're talking to her. The way you spoke of LC as like I said; a god on here and how the op should be blessed he took his time to respond. He's one of those posters that almost always has something to say or add. There's a few posters I'm surprised hasn't responded.
 
Back
Top