Question about EDITED stories

TornConflict

Storyteller
Quick question about stories that require an edited update. I have wrote two stories last month and both needed an edit. I have already submitted my edit for one but it has been almost 5 days and the edit has not gone into effect. Who do I contact about this? I don't want to submit my second one until I know the first one has gone through. Any help would be awesome.

Quick question about stories that require an edited update. I have wrote two stories last month and both needed an edit. I have already submitted my edit for one but it has been almost 5 days and the edit has not gone into effect. Who do I contact about this? I don't want to submit my second one until I know the first one has gone through. Any help would be awesome.

Every time I have submitted an edit it has taken about three weeks. I suggest patience as there really isn’t much else that can be done.

Every time I have submitted an edit it has taken about three weeks. I suggest patience as there really isn’t much else that can be done.

I put in a simple edit seven days ago. It was just to add a warning prior to the story and no amendments to the story itself. Previous edits have all taken more than a week.

Whatever Tornconflict does he shouldn’t put it in again. If he does, as I understand it, his edit request goes to the back of the queue as a new request.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I know the FAQ says it takes 48 hours but knew my last few stories took almost a week to show up. I didn't know if I was alone in that or not.

Thanks for the info. I know the FAQ says it takes 48 hours but knew my last few stories took almost a week to show up. I didn't know if I was alone in that or not.
The FAQ is way wrong. New stories typically take between 2 - 4 days to through (my last story was seven days, I have another in the queue which, if it goes live today, will also be seven). Edits are lower priority and usually take over a week, longer if there's a contest running. Patience - Laurel is running slower than usual, I think.

Edits and deletions can take anywhere from a week to two, to three weeks depending on how busy the Chief cook and bottle washer is with approving new stories and contest stories.

Patience is the greatest virtue a LIT author may attain. As with a medical patient, the word comes from the French pacience, to endure without complaint. LIT is not for the anxious nor thin-skinned. So sit back and suffer. That which doesn't kill you... leaves scars anyway.

Thank you again for all the feed back. I'll be honest with you all that I am in no rush for the update to go through on my story. When I was looking up how to do it the FAQ said it could take 48 hours. My update had been sitting a week. I just put my question up here because I didn't know if that was the norm. Sorry if people thought I was being impatient.

I've also noticed the story posting on Sunday seems to have stopped. Maybe someone is taking more time off from the seven days a week here.

Back