Let's talk about you...

YAY for a little reprieve. Everybody deserves a little break in the monotony, don't they!

You going to do anything fun/special with your day?

I'm dragging them off to the library, so I can do a quiz and get it printed off for Tuesday' s class. I might bring a couple of the big comforters down to the laundromat bc my best friend is coming on Friday...and I want to make sure she has fresh smelling bedding. lol

I haunt these forums on the weekends, at night
I am here from dusk 'til dawn

Thank you for having me
There are just as many more wonderful people here that also appreciate this new thread you have created... As you can see

Oh- A ghost! Well, at least it's a friendly ghost!

As for others appreciating it... I can't speak to that, but selfishly, I am certainly pleased to be learning about so many people!

So, you must count yourself as one of th night owls...? (I feel so outnumbered, and, I'll point out, I am so excited by this, I am staying up WAY past my bedtime)

HA

It is funny to me that we qualify statements with "honestly"- but I am SO thankful that you blessed us with your true self, and shared what is really going on in your life.

Why does it seem like so many people are struggling with cancer? I lost a friend about 10 years ago to breast cancer... :( But it sounds like you are truly blessed with perspective, faith, and people who care for you and the people you know. It doesn't make it less painful, but it does help get through...

And thanks for reminding me about the laughter of children. They are so fabulous, aren't they? It can be easy to take that for granted.

As for knowing more about me-- As my original post implies, I am more than wiling to share about myself. (often too much so) what can I tell you?

Yes I do tend to qualify statements at times...I am a work in progress ( smile )...:)

So...what makes you happy?...smile?...:heart:

So, you must count yourself as one of th night owls...? (I feel so outnumbered, and, I'll point out, I am so excited by this, I am staying up WAY past my bedtime)

HA

Uh-oh, the night owls are corrupting you already! :devil:

Oh, no... there are some seriously HOT hockey players.... although looking at this year's roster and realizing that most of the players were born after I graduated from high school... :eek:

Not a basketball fan, really. At least not pro ball. My 7 and 9 year old nephew and niece's teams I'll watch all day long. :D

Pro sports adding to a city? That is the million dollar question, now isn't it? I lived in the DFW area for 20 years. That area has pro football (ugh... the Cowboys and Jerry Jones are a sore subject in my book...), pro Basketball (Mavericks), pro Hockey (Stars), pro Soccer (FC Dallas), pro Baseball (Texas Rangers), a super speedway for NASCAR and other race events... pretty much if there can be a pro team, they have it (with the exception of the WNBA).

Other than the tax income and tourist income from the sports, no I don't suppose there is a real benefit for a non-sports person. For a sports person like me, it's heaven!

See- now little kid sports- THAT I can get into!

I don't know, BTW what a DFW area is-- but I think Seattle might qualify as one. We have everything but NASCAR (There is an amateur track) but I THINK we do have a WNBA team. (they play in the stadium that wasn't good enough for the boys-- which is why they left) But- thanks to billionaires, we are about to get new ones back.

Thanks for being honest about the lack of benefit for the non-sports fans.

Wouldn't it be great if we all spent more time watching our nieces, nephews and children play? Good on you!

So- Max (hope it's ok that I shorten that) Do you have an activity? Walking? Hiking? Roller Blading?????

I'm dragging them off to the library, so I can do a quiz and get it printed off for Tuesday' s class. I might bring a couple of the big comforters down to the laundromat bc my best friend is coming on Friday...and I want to make sure she has fresh smelling bedding. lol

What?!? The LIBRARY? Your letting them read? :eek: And your modeling responsible school behavior for them... your poor kids!

Seriously, though-- good for you!

The only thing I can't imagine is the laundromat.... YUCK! (I say that, but starting next month, I will be doing that.... I have avoided it my whole life-- until now) But It'll be worth it.

Yes I do tend to qualify statements at times...I am a work in progress ( smile )...:)

So...what makes you happy?...smile?...:heart:

Funny- I was just having an amazing conversation with someone about things that 'make' us happy versus 'choosing' happiness.

But to answer your question, I find happiness in lots of things: Mostly, I find happiness in nature. In my work. I find happiness in my family.

I have been working hard to keep that perspective. I am remembering to watch the sunrise. Remembering to laugh with children. Remembering to appreciate the things I have.

Uh-oh, the night owls are corrupting you already! :devil:

*ducks head and runs* OH NO!!!!!!

(It's ok- I get tomorrow off, too)

See- now little kid sports- THAT I can get into!

I don't know, BTW what a DFW area is-- but I think Seattle might qualify as one. We have everything but NASCAR (There is an amateur track) but I THINK we do have a WNBA team. (they play in the stadium that wasn't good enough for the boys-- which is why they left) But- thanks to billionaires, we are about to get new ones back.

Thanks for being honest about the lack of benefit for the non-sports fans.

Wouldn't it be great if we all spent more time watching our nieces, nephews and children play? Good on you!

So- Max (hope it's ok that I shorten that) Do you have an activity? Walking? Hiking? Roller Blading?????

I will go watch just about anything the short people in my life are involved in. Right now, they both play basketball, so I go cheer loudly for them.

DFW is the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex in Texas... and yes, Seattle is like the Dallas area in having most of the major sporting things including a WNBA -- the Storm, I believe.

I am a fantastic cheerer... :cool: I have a distinct lack of athletic ability. I do like to walk/hike but don't do it often enough.

What?!? The LIBRARY? Your letting them read? :eek: And your modeling responsible school behavior for them... your poor kids!

Seriously, though-- good for you!

The only thing I can't imagine is the laundromat.... YUCK! (I say that, but starting next month, I will be doing that.... I have avoided it my whole life-- until now) But It'll be worth it.

Funny- I was just having an amazing conversation with someone about things that 'make' us happy versus 'choosing' happiness.

But to answer your question, I find happiness in lots of things: Mostly, I find happiness in nature. In my work. I find happiness in my family.

I have been working hard to keep that perspective. I am remembering to watch the sunrise. Remembering to laugh with children. Remembering to appreciate the things I have.

*ducks head and runs* OH NO!!!!!!

(It's ok- I get tomorrow off, too)

Beautifully said...:heart:

I am a fantastic cheerer... :cool: I have a distinct lack of athletic ability. I do like to walk/hike but don't do it often enough.

We all have our strengths! I don't cheer-- for example. I have a hard time getting excited for others....

and- as far as not often enough-- it never is. But you do it. And that is what counts.

Where do you like to hike? (what kinds of hikes- along rivers? Fields? Are you far from the Gulf?)

We all have our strengths! I don't cheer-- for example. I have a hard time getting excited for others....

and- as far as not often enough-- it never is. But you do it. And that is what counts.

Where do you like to hike? (what kinds of hikes- along rivers? Fields? Are you far from the Gulf?)

Hmm.... a hard time getting excite for others... that's a loaded statement if ever I heard one. ;)

I'm about 14 hours from the Gulf... I live in the square part at the top of the state. There is one river... it has no water most of the time. We do have the Palo Duro Canyon that is great to go to. I like to go there in the spring and fall... Summers in the Panhandle are often brutal. (think triple digit temps with humidity in the single digits) I have been known to actually just go wandering around in residential neighborhoods... just to walk.

What about you? What do you do for fun?

Hmm.... a hard time getting excite for others... that's a loaded statement if ever I heard one. ;)

I'm about 14 hours from the Gulf... I live in the square part at the top of the state. There is one river... it has no water most of the time. We do have the Palo Duro Canyon that is great to go to. I like to go there in the spring and fall... Summers in the Panhandle are often brutal. (think triple digit temps with humidity in the single digits) I have been known to actually just go wandering around in residential neighborhoods... just to walk.

What about you? What do you do for fun?

HA-- I didn't even realize.... that is quite a statement, isn't it?!?!?! :eek:

I have to say, I don't think I would survive where you are... though, I feel like the dry heat would be better than high humidity with that kind of heat. My grandparents live in the midwest, and when I visit them in the summer (90 degrees and 90% humidity) I melt. Instant sweating when I walk out the door. BLEH. No WONDER you want to go watch Hockey!

Me-- fun? Well-- my number one thing would be climbing. Rock and (when I can) ice. After that, pretty much any outdoor activity is high on my list. (but, like you, I don't do enough of it)

Looks like things are slowing down for the evening.

Thanks Everyone who has shared themselves tonight! I consider myself truly honored to be in the presence of such warm, sincere people.

I do hope that our paths will cross again soon (though- I may be asleep by the time y'all get in full swing! LOL)

Until soon, wonderful people!

Well good morning everyone... I need to say how much I really enjoyed the space that was created here yesterday Nd the way I fel like I learned about a few 'real' people!

i did think about y'all this morning when my alarm when off (radio- and I got up and let it play while I get ready upstairs)

So I am going to be in and out today- but I wanted to give people a space to enter into-

Yesterday the question 'what got u out of bed today' caught people- I can't predict where we will go as we chat- and as with yesterday, I am likely to have lots of questions...

So please tell me about yourself! Now- if that's too vague- then maybe start by telling me about some 'thing' in your life. It could be the object closest to you right now or the family heirloom that you cherish--

Good Morning lovely peeps...Hope your day will be beautiful...:rose:

Good morning Miss Cashmere.... so lovely to see you. Genuinely! (Oh- that goes back to last night and the question: what does that say when I have to assure you that I am being sincere, eh? ;)

What about 'things?' Would you care (or be willing) to share something near to you or near to your heart?

Good morning Miss Cashmere.... so lovely to see you. Genuinely! (Oh- that goes back to last night and the question: what does that say when I have to assure you that I am being sincere, eh? ;)

What about 'things?' Would you care (or be willing) to share something near to you or near to your heart?

Ahhhh those lovely words....Genuinely and honestly...:D...( smile )...

Near to my heart... my dad...( memories of him)...beautiful beautiful memories...Those memories sustain me and comfort me always...He was my angel on earth, and now my guardian one above me...

Also near to my heart...My family...best friends...and also the lovely peeps here in Lit who have always been so incredibly nice to me...:heart:

AND YOU?...what is near to you heart mister?...

Ahhhh those lovely words....Genuinely and honestly...:D...( smile )...

Near to my heart... my dad...( memories of him)...beautiful beautiful memories...Those memories sustain me and comfort me always...He was my angel on earth, and now my guardian one above me...

Also near to my heart...My family...best friends...and also the lovely peeps here in Lit who have always been so incredibly nice to me...:heart:

AND YOU?...what is near to you heart mister?...

(I am resisting the urge to dodge the question by saying the title of the thread is 'let's talk about you') But you were kind enough to ask- so I will answer:

Near to my heart, eh?

Family- my parents and siblings. (I have the most lovely nieces and nephews... all under 4-- which makes them absolutely precious. So much enjoyment in life. Little things like the first time the newborn smiles at you, or giggles and scares himself with the sound!)

Nature- I am blessed to live in an absolutely beautiful place. And even more lucky to get to spend time out in that environment.

And, in the spirit of today's question: the "object" that is near and dear to my heart of late is a boat. She's french (ooh la la)- sleek with long lines and a sense of style unrivaled in the marina. She has traveled the world- but is landed here and I am fortunate enough to get to live on her at the end of the month.[note second thing near and dear to my heart] (She's even tattooed, I'll let you draw conclusions about her character).

(I am resisting the urge to dodge the question by saying the title of the thread is 'let's talk about you') But you were kind enough to ask- so I will answer:

Near to my heart, eh?

Family- my parents and siblings. (I have the most lovely nieces and nephews... all under 4-- which makes them absolutely precious. So much enjoyment in life. Little things like the first time the newborn smiles at you, or giggles and scares himself with the sound!)

Nature- I am blessed to live in an absolutely beautiful place. And even more lucky to get to spend time out in that environment.

And, in the spirit of today's question: the "object" that is near and dear to my heart of late is a boat. She's french (ooh la la)- sleek with long lines and a sense of style unrivaled in the marina. She has traveled the world- but is landed here and I am fortunate enough to get to live on her at the end of the month.[note second thing near and dear to my heart] (She's even tattooed, I'll let you draw conclusions about her character).

Thank you for sharing all of that... so nice to know...

I love that you cherish your family...I also have 4 nieces and nephews below the age of 9...they are indeed so vulnerable, honest and innocent...Endless smile inducers...

I love that you treasure nature and its beauty...Its a rare moment when one can just BE in the moment, with nature, and devour and embrace it...PRECIOUS...

The boat sounds so freeing and peaceful...and beautiful with so much character from it's travels...I hope you enjoy living there...You are truly blessed, as you sound so happy...The water is pure serenity...

Blessed be...:heart:

Hi!!!

I hope you're having a more productive morning than me....lol.

OMG...I just cant get with it today...I had all these grand plans for today...a huge to do list...and nothing is done yet, and it is noon...

Sigh...

Bad me...:D:heart:

Hi!!!

I hope you're having a more productive morning than me....lol.

Morning Sunshine girl! I wish I could say I am. And it might be true. But I am also enjoying the conversation here quite a bit (which is a euphemism for "I am spending too much time monitoring my thread and not enough time catching up with work)

You at the library? How's your quiz coming?

Thank you for sharing all of that... so nice to know...

I love that you cherish your family...I also have 4 nieces and nephews below the age of 9...they are indeed so vulnerable, honest and innocent...Endless smile inducers...

I love that you treasure nature and its beauty...Its a rare moment when one can just BE in the moment, with nature, and devour and embrace it...PRECIOUS...

The boat sounds so freeing and peaceful...and beautiful with so much character from it's travels...I hope you enjoy living there...You are truly blessed, as you sound so happy...The water is pure serenity...

Blessed be...:heart:

Thank you... I am not without my struggles, and stress, and sadness. But I am trying to be conscious of the good. (And you make that easy with your deep and sincere questioning. It makes it easy to share the good)

OMG...I just cant get with it today...I had all these grand plans for today...a huge to do list...and nothing is done yet, and it is noon...

Sigh...

Bad me...:D:heart:

You too? lol.

I do know that I will be getting out...but if it wasn't so cold out...I'd have probably already been out and about. lol

Morning Sunshine girl! I wish I could say I am. And it might be true. But I am also enjoying the conversation here quite a bit (which is a euphemism for "I am spending too much time monitoring my thread and not enough time catching up with work)

You at the library? How's your quiz coming?

Thank you... I am not without my struggles, and stress, and sadness. But I am trying to be conscious of the good. (And you make that easy with your deep and sincere questioning. It makes it easy to share the good)

I am on my couch, on my Kindle. I was reading.....*****crastinating big time. Someone dubbed me the Queen of Procrastination. lol

I got edited. haha Procrastinate....a bad word apparently.

Back