Modern Day Fairy Tale Chain

I don't know how it works either, and as a forum virgin I was tempted to sit and watch this one for a bit. However, as I am currently taking a class on Fairy Tales: Then and Now, this idea is too delicious for me to pass up. Besides, how better to learn and grow than to just jump right in.

Don't be gentle though, I like it rough!:D

I would like to do Fitcher's Bird (Grimm).

Sounds like fate, then. ;) Welcome aboard and welcome to Lit.
 
A welcome :kiss: for the little newbie from the good little witch.
 
Okay, for the newbies, information about chain stories... I'll take care of the details, creating a schedule, etc... (I'll be the "first author") once I've got a good sense of how many people are interested and when we'd like to start... like I said, I'm in no hurry... We're in the "step one" phase :)

Before I post this, though, I'd like to talk about names for this chain...

We have 35 characters/spaces to work with in a title.

We can do this one of two ways. We can do something like this for each story:

Modern Fairy Tales Ch. 01
Modern Fairy Tales Ch. 02

with a subtitle within our text at the top: Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty, etc.

The only problem with this method is the subtitle/name of the actual fairy tale won't appear in the title.

We can always lead the description with it, though.

so it would be

Title: Modern Fairy Tales Ch. 01
Description: Cinderella - from rags to riches.

The other way is to give each chapter its own title like this:

MFT Ch 1: Cinderella

and in the description say: Modern Fairy Tale: Cinderella - from rags to riches.

(we have 62 spaces/characters to work with in the description)

Any opinions or other ideas/thoughts/options?


*****

What is a chain story? How do I start one?

A Chain Story is one in which several (3 or more) authors collaborate to create a story on a specific theme or topic. The first author writes the first chapter of the story according to the theme or topic. The next author reads the previous chapter and picks up where the first author left off, continuing the story as he or she sees fit. And so on, and so on...until the last chapter is completed.
Chain Stories are a special category on Literotica. To start one, you must do the following:

1) Post your idea to the Author's Hangout in the Bulletin Board and round up any interested authors who would like to participate. If you already have a group of writers who are interested, then continue on to step #2.

2) Once you know how many authors are interested, you must get a schedule together of who will do the first chapter, who will do the second, etc. Then, you must decide how much time will be between chapters to allow each author to write their piece. We suggest that you leave no less than 4 days, but no more than 8. A week is generally a good amount of time, but it's all up to you!

3) The first author should create a story submission called "Chain Story - [Name of Chain]". In this submission, paste in the title of the chain and the schedule of who is doing which chapter(s) and when they'll be submitting them. If you've been planning this in the Author's Hangout and have posted the schedule there, you can simply paste a link to the thread containing the information into the story submission. We ask that you post the entire chain schedule before submitting the first part of the chain.

4) The first person submits his or her chapter to us, selecting the category "Chain Stories". Any story which is submitted to "Chain Stories" without following these steps will be moved to whatever category the subject matter dictates.
 
Selena, a question for you.

Are the stories going to connect in some way or are all of the chapters going to be stand alone stories? I would assume the latter but I just thought I would double check.
 
I like option number two for the titles. I hate the stuff where it's tough to figure out what the stories might be from the title when that's all you got. Little tipsy here so if that doesn't make much sense sorry...:D
 
I like option number two for the titles. I hate the stuff where it's tough to figure out what the stories might be from the title when that's all you got. Little tipsy here so if that doesn't make much sense sorry...:D

I'm sorry--what was that?

I didn't quite catch it. ;)
 
Hi TE! I slaid sat I shlike stories zat zu tizzle meeks sense. :D

Hehehe--How goes it secret? :kiss:

I'm a lil' buzzy meself--had a bottle of Leibfraumilch with and after dinner--good stuff--shot my writin' all to hell tho. :D

Looove your AV darlin'--makes me wanna pucker up. :kiss: :D
 
Hehehe--How goes it secret? :kiss:

I'm a lil' buzzy meself--had a bottle of Leibfraumilch with and after dinner--good stuff--shot my writin' all to hell tho. :D

Looove your AV darlin'--makes me wanna pucker up. :kiss: :D

Thanks, those are mine! A little computerized, but the original was bland...;)
 
Woot! If the rest of you is 1/2 as cute as those lips--I think I'm in love. :kiss: :D

What? You miss the show the other night? Poor TE! :D Ask slyc. Maybe he right clicked and saved some of my stupidity. Though I have to admit I don't think I showed off half as much as he would have liked. I'm a little too paranoid about internet exhibitionism for that... You never know who's looking.;)
 
Selena, a question for you.

Are the stories going to connect in some way or are all of the chapters going to be stand alone stories? I would assume the latter but I just thought I would double check.

stand-alone... although if you want to build on someone else's story, you certainly could... but you don't have to.

So we've got one vote for title option 2... anyone else?
 
What? You miss the show the other night? Poor TE! :D Ask slyc. Maybe he right clicked and saved some of my stupidity. Though I have to admit I don't think I showed off half as much as he would have liked. I'm a little too paranoid about internet exhibitionism for that... You never know who's looking.;)

Oh no--I was lucky enough to get an eyeful. Thanks, BTW. :rose: :kiss:

That's what PM's and e-mail's are for sweetie--only you and that special someone get to swap your visual delights. :D
 
stand-alone... although if you want to build on someone else's story, you certainly could... but you don't have to.

So we've got one vote for title option 2... anyone else?
I vote for
Title: Modern Fairy Tales Ch. 01
Description: Cinderella - from rags to riches.

was that option 2?
 
Back
Top