A Place to get a pat on the back

Tech_Director

Really Really Experienced
Since I didn't see anything like that here, I will begin.

*Patting Myself on the back* for having submitted part two of a series of stories.

Yeah yeah, I know, no big deal to you prolific types, but it's making Me smile.

SO hey, if you've recently submitted and want a pat on the back, come in here.

I remember the first short story I had published. It was in a quarterly magazine that folded a year or so later. (Not my fault. Honest. At least I don’t think that it was.) But I remember it being quite a thrill. Many, many years later, it’s easy to become a bit blasé. Enjoy the moment. And have a pat on the back from me. :)

Congrats!

Finally finishing a long project feels great, doesn't it?

Now you need to get some reader's eyes on it so they can give you a virtual pat on the back with comments and stars.

And the saga continues!

Part 4 of "Waking her submission" is submitted and should be out ANY day now.

*Trying...hard....UGH....reaching....REACHING.....and....Pat pat pat*

Phew, that was tough.....laughing...

Wait! I thought this was a spanking thread.

Nevermind.

Wait! I thought this was a spanking thread.

Nevermind.

LOL

Part 4 of "Waking her submission" is submitted and should be out ANY day now.

That's great! It's so disheartening for fans when we drop out mid story. I'm just reviewing two Part 1s which have yet to be continued; they are good fun on their own, but I hope the writers do get back in the swing.

Post a link to your story! ;) In your signature is a good place.

I got disheartened after not getting any feedback on my epic fantasy romance, then some fans got in touch so I have kept on posting. Yayyy! Chapter 21 went up today. (I have a slight advantage as I have the whole thing already written and just ready to go.)
:)

I think the OP was intending for this to be a place to come pat yourself on the back, not a place to congratulate someone for patting themselves on the back.

I'm patting myself on the back for figuring that out... even if I am wrong.

I'd pat you on the back for figuring it out, but apparently that isn't allowed.

I think the OP was intending for this to be a place to come pat yourself on the back, not a place to congratulate someone for patting themselves on the back.

I'm patting myself on the back for figuring that out... even if I am wrong.

Nah, pat yourself on the back, GET a pat on the back, it don't matter.....laughing

LOL

That's great! It's so disheartening for fans when we drop out mid story. I'm just reviewing two Part 1s which have yet to be continued; they are good fun on their own, but I hope the writers do get back in the swing.

Post a link to your story! ;) In your signature is a good place.

I got disheartened after not getting any feedback on my epic fantasy romance, then some fans got in touch so I have kept on posting. Yayyy! Chapter 21 went up today. (I have a slight advantage as I have the whole thing already written and just ready to go.)

That's a good idea, I'll set that up tomorrow. and Congrats yourself....*Patting you on the back*

I don't have a single thing for this website, but I can understand the "moment" when an author sees his work getting posted and getting a fan mail or three. :)

That's a good idea, I'll set that up tomorrow. and Congrats yourself....*Patting you on the back*

Thank you! :) *Pats on the back* for successfully including the link. :cool:

Chapter 21 has been comprehensively 1-bombed! which is quite an accolade when it's a very long epic fantasy romance. *Pats on the back* to me for achieving that! LOL. One comment says 'Awesome, it keeps getting better', so I know that the weird score is a couple of fives and some 1-bombs :rolleyes:

The first thing I ever had published was a 4 page article in an electronic magazine in January 1967. Acceptance was a thrill. Getting galleys was a thrill. Th first check was a (long delayed) thrill. But nothing was more thrilling than holding the actual magazine in my hands.

I still have several copies of that first one. My mom got a copy. My dad got a copy. Everyone I knew at the time got a copy. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Nearly 50 years later, I've held hundreds of published works I've done in my hands. It's still a thrill every single time.

So for everyone on here who patted themselves on the back...hell, yeah. Do it every time you are published. You earned it. And whose approval do you need most of all if not yourself.

The first thing I ever had published was a 4 page article in an electronic magazine in January 1967. Acceptance was a thrill. Getting galleys was a thrill. Th first check was a (long delayed) thrill. But nothing was more thrilling than holding the actual magazine in my hands.

I still have several copies of that first one. My mom got a copy. My dad got a copy. Everyone I knew at the time got a copy. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Nearly 50 years later, I've held hundreds of published works I've done in my hands. It's still a thrill every single time.

So for everyone on here who patted themselves on the back...hell, yeah. Do it every time you are published. You earned it. And whose approval do you need most of all if not yourself.

Well said and giving you a *PAT on the back* for being so prolific an author and bringing joy to so many who have read your words.

Perfectly stated!

Even though I had been published numerous times over seven years in trade magazines starting in 1979, my first paycheck for my scribblings didn't come until June of 1989. But it is one that I will always look to with immense pride since I "started at the top" with Reader's Digest, which was the largest circulation magazine in the world at the time.

Another that I smile very large at is a featured article in American Heritage magazine in 1999. Getting myself past the quality of editors at the Forbes Group was one thing; having them pull their own editor-produced article to replace it with mine was a whole other. That made me realize I had potential. I have just waited another ten years to self-actualize here at Lit and finally now dipping my feet in the water at Amazon.

I wrote my first story in third grade and we just had our fortieth high school reunion last year, so it's been a fifty year process for me also. But as you said, when you hold that actual magazine or book *IN* your hand, the feeling is almost indescribable. :)

Perfectly stated!

Even though I had been published numerous times over seven years in trade magazines starting in 1979, my first paycheck for my scribblings didn't come until June of 1989. But it is one that I will always look to with immense pride since I "started at the top" with Reader's Digest, which was the largest circulation magazine in the world at the time.

Another that I smile very large at is a featured article in American Heritage magazine in 1999. Getting myself past the quality of editors at the Forbes Group was one thing; having them pull their own editor-produced article to replace it with mine was a whole other. That made me realize I had potential. I have just waited another ten years to self-actualize here at Lit and finally now dipping my feet in the water at Amazon.

I wrote my first story in third grade and we just had our fortieth high school reunion last year, so it's been a fifty year process for me also. But as you said, when you hold that actual magazine or book *IN* your hand, the feeling is almost indescribable. :)

And yet another author that deserves a *Pat on the back* for being equally prolific. I as well have published two novels and you're right, feeling them in your hand is amazing. I'll share a secret, the FIRST thing I did was smell them...don't know why....laughing.

And yet another author that deserves a *Pat on the back* for being equally prolific. I as well have published two novels and you're right, feeling them in your hand is amazing. I'll share a secret, the FIRST thing I did was smell them...don't know why....laughing.

*Pat on the back* and a :rose:

I have a friend who can tell when a book was published from its smell.

I've never published a novel in paper but I have a couple of academic chapters in books. It is kinda fun to see your name actually in print on paper. My first name-in-print experience was when I was about fourteen and had a short story printed in an anthology of competition winners.

Just to clarify, I have never published any fiction other than here on Lit. Well, OK, I wrote about automobiles and motorcyles for decades which required creativity bordering on fiction to make some of them look good to readers. Nothing about Harleys, though. That would have taken me into fantasyland.

rj

Today I published the 100th blogpost on my review blog. I have kept it going for three years, through a Hell of a time.

I have started posting regularly now, twice a week. I am going to look into how to raise the viewing figures. Unfortunately #FeministErotica and #NaokoSmith and even #FuckingFeminists have all been taken as twitter tags! but I'm sure I'll think of something. Hell, I even put a condom on a werewolf (*pats back for that too*).

Oh, and a *pat on the back* for Tech_Director, for posting over 100 and getting an avatar.
:rose:

Oops, I nearly forgot to link to my 100th blogpost:
Apologia pro Opus Meum.
Only the title is in Latin! LOL. It's about why I think erotic writing is so important that I'm willing to devote my life to reviewing it. Well, that bit of my life that isn't taken up with rearing Piglet, teaching my students, and raising merry Hell with my line managers. And drinking whisky. Talking of which ...
:cathappy:

Back