What Are You Listening To Now? 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been in my head for so long now. Conor, my mopey boyfriend. It's like he writes what's in my head. He is such a lyrical genius.
This part, it's so amazing!
'I don't want to eat or get out of bed
Try to recall what the therapist said
Ego and Id, the Essential Self
You are who you are and you are someone else

But I'm worn gossamer thin
Like Delicate Arch, carved by the wind
There's a glass psyche at stake
Throw me a brick, see if it breaks
'Cause the mind and the brain aren't quite the same
But they both want out of this place
'

If the link doesn't work it's Gossamer Thin-Conor Oberst
https://youtu.be/bviFz4QVpCc

Quoting myself because this is still in my brain. Not having a great time lately. December is a bad month for me. One of my twins died on New Year's Eve when she was three so this month sucks, and this year has been really hard.
Right now my mind and my brain are fighting and both do want out of this place. I honestly don't know if I'll make it through the rest of this year.

Quoting myself because this is still in my brain. Not having a great time lately. December is a bad month for me. One of my twins died on New Year's Eve when she was three so this month sucks, and this year has been really hard.
Right now my mind and my brain are fighting and both do want out of this place. I honestly don't know if I'll make it through the rest of this year.

My sympathies - that's really, really hard. My dad died two days after Christmas more than thirty years ago, and it's still hard - but children are not meant to die before parents. That's terrible.

Yes, you will make it through. Life goes on, even if it's day at a time. Besides, the other twin, yeah?

Volksmusik mit Schwung: German folk music with Swing. I like some German folk music.

It was one of several secondhand German folk music CDs I found on line. But this one? Yeuck! It has electronic organ, humming choir, and electronic instruments for the beat.

No wonder it only cost me £1.74 (think less than $2) including postage.

I think I've wasted my money.

Here is a sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtpf_NlyFXE

And this is his Christmas version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i_HePyOx8w&list=PL5XccPAKB5-836d2dK9tXHaCqJ0yfFgPm&index=3

Last edited:
Cryo Chamber Collaboration - Azathoth. I listen to this genre as background when I'm working; most other stuff is too distracting.

Last edited:
I just played SLEEPWALK on my Lili'u (almost Venezuelan cuatro) strung tenor 'uke tuned double re-entrant, which is a bit of a challenge. The strings are still resonating. I see my fingerings, hear the intonations, remember the slides and changes necessary from an 'uke strung linear or some other way. But you don't want the details. They get detailed.

In Memorial

Funeral For A Friend (Love Lies Bleeding) - Elton John

It is with a heavy heart that I share this sad news. My dear friend and musical cohort, beansprout76, passed away on Christmas Day. Words cannot begin to explain the pain I am feeling and the hole that she left behind. For more than 5 years we have shared music in this forum and communicated through PMs. We shared a unique bond that I have yet to experience in any other relationship, online or in real life.

Rest in peace, dear friend. You are greatly missed.

:rose: :rose: :heart: :heart:

Last edited:

It is with a heavy heart that I share this sad news. My dear friend and musical cohort, beansprout76, passed away on Christmas Day. Words cannot begin to explain the pain I am feeling and the hole that is left behind. For more than 5 years we have shared music in this forum and communicated through PMs. We shared a unique bond that I have yet to experience in any other relationship, online or in real life.

Sympathy.
His guidance on some music was invaluable.

So sad to read about this.
RIP, Bean.
:rose::rose::rose::rose:

It is with a heavy heart that I share this sad news. My dear friend and musical cohort, beansprout76, passed away on Christmas Day. Words cannot begin to explain the pain I am feeling and the hole that she left behind. For more than 5 years we have shared music in this forum and communicated through PMs. We shared a unique bond that I have yet to experience in any other relationship, online or in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back