Chicago Area Roll Call

New to this thread, glad I found it! Been perusing the site, (new to it too), and hoping to make some connections closer to my area.

Me - 57 y/o; single; bi; near Aurora; like dogs, movies, plays, sex ;)

Last edited:
Greetings from Portage Park in the northwest Side! Hope everyone is enjoying a great summer! Good and cool weather, finally dry for a bit, whats not to like!

Whats are you guys doing this weekend?

I always figured it was Cook and the "collar" counties...or maybe about 60 miles in any direction from the Loop. Can anyone else clarify?

Chicago area means diff things to diff people.

But I think your definition is pretty good.

Chicago area means diff things to diff people.

But I think your definition is pretty good.

Man if that ain't the truth. I agree that's a pretty good definition. But you will find people who are from pretty far away from the city who will say they're from Chicago. I think if you live in the city limits you should say Chicago. If where you live is near the metra, then you get to put quotes around it and say you are in "Chicago". And then anyone outside that should just say near Chicago.

@funluvinaj: yes there are sex/swinger clubs in Chicagoland. I have never been to one so I'm not a good resource. But if you are on Fet I would look around there for more info. I know there are lots of groups there devoted to events and locations in the Chicago area that will have lots of knowledgable people.

Man if that ain't the truth. I agree that's a pretty good definition. But you will find people who are from pretty far away from the city who will say they're from Chicago. I think if you live in the city limits you should say Chicago. If where you live is near the metra, then you get to put quotes around it and say you are in "Chicago". And then anyone outside that should just say near Chicago.

@funluvinaj: yes there are sex/swinger clubs in Chicagoland. I have never been to one so I'm not a good resource. But if you are on Fet I would look around there for more info. I know there are lots of groups there devoted to events and locations in the Chicago area that will have lots of knowledgable people.

You couldn't define Chicago area as "the area thats bankrupt" because that would encompass the entire state of Illinois.

Sure am glad they're raising the phone tax 56%.

I agree with that. I always say "south suburbs" when defining what area I'm from...it's right at 60 miles for me to get to the Loop but there's corn fields everywhere around me. But that's changing fast with Centerpoint Intermodal and all the other warehouses popping up everywhere.

Back