Spirit song: the elven wanderer finally has a home.

He gave her hand a squeeze, smiling at the simple contact. "Thank you. This has been in my mind for a long time just never made it, always thought it wouldn't measure up to my imagination. Which it hasn't but I have not taken the the time to describe it fully, so there is still many elements open to the imagination."

He snorted a chuckle at the thought of Ruth, "yes, him or Uggg. I might come back to find a hole under my bar.
 
He gave her hand a squeeze, smiling at the simple contact. "Thank you. This has been in my mind for a long time just never made it, always thought it wouldn't measure up to my imagination. Which it hasn't but I have not taken the the time to describe it fully, so there is still many elements open to the imagination."

He snorted a chuckle at the thought of Ruth, "yes, him or Uggg. I might come back to find a hole under my bar.


Oye!
I'll have to know I'm a very amiable drunk with a beautiful tenor voice x
 
He gave her hand a squeeze, smiling at the simple contact. "Thank you. This has been in my mind for a long time just never made it, always thought it wouldn't measure up to my imagination. Which it hasn't but I have not taken the the time to describe it fully, so there is still many elements open to the imagination."

He snorted a chuckle at the thought of Ruth, "yes, him or Uggg. I might come back to find a hole under my bar.

I thought you said there was nothing but river under there? I wasn't going to make the hole until I finished building my gin bottle canal boat and a rope ladder.:D
 

I thought you said there was nothing but river under there? I wasn't going to make the hole until I finished building my gin bottle canal boat and a rope ladder.:D
Theree isn't. Well open air first." Chuckles.
You make me laugh

As to you Ruth, lets hear this voice you say is so good, now I'm curious.
 
may I just put post 1'100 down here?

I'm pushing a honky-tonk piano around and getting tired. anyone know a good song?
 
*Peeks in just long enough to say hi and kiss the wanderer on the cheek before slipping out again* :kiss: Mwah! Have a marvelous rest of your day, darling.
 
A good choice Honey. :)

Thank you!

Growing up, I spent my money on sampler tapes of 40's music and quirky clothes from Salvation Army. At my great uncle's retirement party, the DJ played Chatanooga Choo Choo and my dad and I knew the words so we sang along in front of everyone.

Good times. :heart:
 
that does sound pretty fun, neither of my parents sing but both love music. Both my sister and I do sing, though, and both of us can play instruments too, though I've not played in a long time.
 
reunion, would love to restart

He ran his fingers through his short dark hair, the black of it making his dark blue eyes look even darker. Those eyes were busy scanning the front page of the local paper. “Sexy Author comes home for high school reunion.” The headline read and a picture was below it taking up most of the page.

The words of the article started off with, “New York Times bestselling author Chloe Morrison, famous for her erotic and darkly mysterious novels is to return to Raven’s Bluff Senior high class of 2002’s Ten year reunion. Morrison is famous for the novels…” The man’s eyes stopped reading the words of the article and moved back to the picture. It was her alright. Her red curls cascading down her back in waves, the green eyes almost seeming to follow you from the page. The name rang in his head; it wasn’t the name on the paper but the woman’s true Name. Cleo Morris, pen name Chloe Morrison, a name and face he knew all too well.

Strong hands crumpled the paper, he didn’t want to see her face, and he would be damned if he would let even thoughts of that bitch ruin his night. He was going to see a lot of old friends and to let Hannah see a little of his past.

He had been surprisingly closed mouthed about his past to Hannah, telling her very little. It was a chapter of his life he had closed the cover on long ago. He had moved away, had made a career as a band director, and orchestra conductor, and now as a record label executive as well. His past was just that, in the past to him and he didn’t speak about it.

That’s why Hannah had been surprised when Ryan had invited her to his tenth reunion. The Raven’s Bluff class of 2002 was hosting a formal in honor for their ten year reunion and Ryan had made the commitment to going.

Abandoning the crumpled up newspaper he moved to get in the shower to get ready to go. He passed Hannah who was doing her make-up playfully swatting her ass as he passed her. He received a stern glare for it. “Behave yourself Ryan.” She said.

“Relax Honey,” he said with a smile.

A half an hour later he stood in his suit, letting Hannah straighten his tie, smooth the wrinkles out of his white shirt and generally otherwise fuss over his appearance. “Come on babe we’re going to a reunion not a flipping funeral.” He said as she insisted on running a lint brush over his black pants. “I live with a dog that sheds, I don’t really care if I take a little of rocko with me.”

She only gave him an I will kill you if you don’t shut up look for that. When she finally deemed him fit to go into public they headed out of the hotel room they were staying in and got into Ryan’s truck to head to the formal.

Ryan drove in silence, despite himself he was a little nervous about the evening, and what would he do if he encountered Cleo? What could he say to her? He stamped out the thoughts. He had sworn he was done thinking about her and the hurt she’d caused him 5 years ago. For 4 years before that he had pored over their love letters, their photos, the erotic stories she had written for him, and the songs he had composed for her. That had all ended five years ago when Ryan had decided he was done, he had boxed it all up, he literally had file folders of it. He had sent it all to her. The only things he had not included were the nude photographs and his copy of the electronic archives of their instant message conversations. He had sent her printouts of the latter, but had held onto the former not so that he had a piece of her but encase he needed them. He was not above blackmailing her with them after the things she had done to him in the past. Now five years later he could possibly run into her and the thought made him grit his teeth.

“You’re as tight as a bowstring sweetie.” Hannah said her hand rubbing his forearm, “Are you ok?” she asked softly. Ryan just nodded as he pulled them into the parking lot of the upscale hotel the formal was being held at.

Ryan walked in and collected his name tag. Hannah got a guest name tag which she could write her name on. Nametags in place they moved to find a table.

The evening passed pleasantly enough a group of Ryan’s old track buddies and band mates had joined them with their wives and girlfriends and they chatted and laughed throughout dinner. After dinner came the dancing and Hannah and he danced together a number of numbers, mostly slow dances and line dances. She was not really one to just cut loose to a fast song.

It was during one such slow song that it happened. A slender hand with perfectly manicured fingernails touched Hannah’s arm and a familiar smoky voice, a voice that was just made to sound sexy, spoke asking to cut in. He would know that rich contralto anywhere. The number of times he had heard it saying…. He stamped down those thoughts. He could swear his heart actually skipped a beat at hearing that voice.

Hannah’s eyes looked up at Ryan and Ryan forced a smile, “Chloe.” He said using her pen name for Hannah’s benefit. “Hannah, this is Cleo err. Chloe Morrison.”

“You mean the author I love so much?” his girlfriend asked here severe frown lightening to something that was supposed to be a smile.

“Yeah, that’s her.”

“You never told me you knew anyone famous, dear.”

“She’s an old friend.” He said somewhat lamely.

“Well go ahead and dance with her, I’ll go use the restroom,” she leaned up whispering in his ear, “Maybe you can get her to give me her autograph.”

“I’m sure that won’t be a problem.” He said as his girlfriend slid out of his arms and his full attention settled on Cleo. His blue eyes narrowed as he took her in, from the way that her red hair barely brushed against her pale throat, almost inviting a man’s lips to kiss it, to her strappy heals. He had always preferred her hair down; it was more fun to run his fingers through. His hand twitched almost as if remembering the feel of it as his eyes slid down her body. Encased in the little emrald green dress, which matched her eyes, it contrasted with her porcelain skin, making the milky swells of her large breasts stand out, instantly attracting the eyes of all the men.

She didn’t look much different than the last time he had seen her. A little older, a few more pounds, perhaps which only made her curves softer and more inviting in his opinion, doing nothing to detract from her beauty. Her hair also seemed shorter; unless he missed his guess it might only go down to her shoulder blades or mid back, not all the way to her waist as it had before.

His visual scan completed his eyes swept back up to meet hers. It figured she would make her move during this song, it had been so important to them. He hadn’t forgotten, but if he had said no to Hannah to dancing to this slow song she would have asked too many questions.

Finally he spoke after clearing his throat, “Cleo.” He said, finally using her real name. His word wasn’t exactly a question, wasn’t exactly a statement just one word, one name that meant so much.

As he spoke he extended his hand taking her strong yet delicate hand into his. He could feel the soft skin that covered strength; these were talented hands that could do so much. “Congratulations on your success as an author. You’ve come a long way from the cheerleader in high school, forced to be an exotic dancer in college just to pay her way through school.” His words were pleasant enough, conversational, but the wording made it sort of a backhanded compliment.

He swept her closer his left hand sliding around her waist his right still holding hers as they began to dance together. She had forced his hand, and unless he wanted to make a scene, which he didn’t not in front of so many people, he would have to dance with her. That being said, his posture was stiff, and he did not move with the fluidity that she knew him capable of, all of his guards and shields were up, not that it would help him much, or so he feared.
 
Back
Top