In Need of an Interesting Tenant

LexxRuthless

Captain Corruption
Joined
May 19, 2018
Posts
5,990
I sat down two months ago to start the third installment of my Attic trilogy. The central character, Daniel, installed hidden surveillance cameras in the attic of his parents' home in the first story, and used them to spy on his older sisters and his parents. In the second story, he and his sister Hope became lovers. He still uses the cameras to satisfy his voyeurism, and hasn't told anyone they are there.

For this third part, I have Daniel and Hope moving to another state. They share an apartment while attending college. The twist is that their parents decide to sell the house, and only tell the kids after they have moved out. Daniel still gets the feeds from those cameras on his laptop.

Where I am stuck is a good answer to the question: "Who moves into the house?"

I have already considered and rejected the following:

An older D/s couple who have friends over for BDSM fun; a bunch of college students renting the place; two or three young married couples sharing the house; another married couple moving in with their own teenage kids; or a house full o' lesbians.

None of those seem that great, and I feel like they waste the setup. If the answer to that question is not interesting, the story won't be either. Anyone have a better answer?
 
You might get more of a response if you ask this question over in the Story Ideas forum, where readers go with their suggestions for stories.
 
How raunchy are you willing to go? Maybe someone who buys the house and then rents it out so each room is rented by a different person. And maybe at a certain point opposites attract.
 
A doctor who sees patients from the home. Could be male or female, and they do breast exams or obgyn stuff.
 
Single individual, perhaps female. Voyeur watches her indulge in varied and imaginative acts of self-pleasure, learns to actually like her as a person, hooks up and they become a couple. Happily ever after...

Hook: after he moves in, the wireless feed is hacked by yet another individual.
 
a discreet prostitution ring. different tastes accommodated in different rooms. he could unwillingly see people he knows or public officials.
 
Have you considered The Tenant of Wildfell Hall? She might be ready to move. :)
 
A bitter couple with trust issues (invasiveness, betrayal, lies of omission and such) to shadow your main story line. They can have awesome angry sex.
 
Terrorist cell, or bank robber band. One of them is cop in disguise, worked her way in through bed; Voyer discover she is in danger of being outed; probably save her in some crazy way.
 
The new owners appear normal but are really tentacle monsters. Hilarity ensues.
 
The new owners appear normal but are really tentacle monsters. Hilarity ensues.

A hive mind building alien, who lures in people and capture them, at first it seems strange but about normal but soon the house is overcrowded, filled with piles of naked bodies grinding against each other in endless orgy.
 
A hive mind building alien, who lures in people and capture them, at first it seems strange but about normal but soon the house is overcrowded, filled with piles of naked bodies grinding against each other in endless orgy.
Remote landlords Daniel and Hope can charge extra rent for each additional occupant. The alien had better have deep pockets.
 
Well I was feeling kinda down today since my son leaves tomorrow, and heard there was a remake of Flowers In The Attic, so I thought what the heck some incesty drama sounds interesting.
SO I watched it and it was about the same as the original movie I saw years and years ago and nothing will ever be as interesting as the books.

But how about some woman and her lover/husband that is also an uncle/cousin/brother and they got kicked out of their family for their relationship :D
Which is what happens in Flowers In The Attic and they move back home after the daddy/uncle dies and they are broke.
 
It is a 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom ranch house with a 2-car garage. The house is in the middle of the suburbs. It isn't near a college campus, which led me to reject the idea of college students renting the place. I don't hate the idea of the tentacle hive-mind, but I just don't write that kind of story.

I've had two suggestions so far that I did like.

The first was that another relative takes over the place, keeping the house and the voyeurism in the family. I had referenced, briefly, that his "busty Aunt Cathy" had stayed in the front room of the house once, which led him to install the last camera so that it spied on that room. Perhaps she moves in while his parents move to south Florida.

The second was that someone relatively well-known buys the place to keep his secret lover(s). It could be a politician, prominent business man, or a pastor. I thought that it could even be someone more famous, like a movie starlet or musician who wants a place where they can escape the pressures and attention of Hollywood.

I just know that if I start writing one of those stories, I'll get 25 pages into it and then someone will post that perfect story idea. I can almost see myself reading it and saying, "Dammit! That is better!" :mad:
 
Back
Top