One interesting thing about yourself

I didn't want to go there, but since you have. That poor little bear better run, if he's knows what's good for him.
hahahaha just think what happens with just some of them go into hibernation -just laying there asleep just like a frat party hmmm

I've got odd body chemistry, so I have an exceptionally high tolerance for any sort of local anesthesia. I once cut my foot rather badly on some glass at the beach. (There is a reason glass bottles aren't allowed people!).
Two of my friends had to carry me to the car then drove me to the emergency room.
So there I am on the examination table in my bikini, I tell the Doc about my condition. He nods, because what could this dumb red head girl in a bikini who wasn't smart enough not to step on glass possibly know that he doesn't? He gives me the anesthesia, waits a few minutes and starts to stitch.
I flinched.
He tells me "You can't feel that."
Of course I can.
He has the nurse hold a cloth in front of my face and proceeds to poke my foot.
I tell him "now" each time he does.
He gives me a shocked look and administers more anesthesia.
5 minutes for it to take and he stitches me up no problem.

The upside is that it also gives me a ridiculously high alcohol tolerance. I've drunk guys who are literally twice my weight under the table.

I've got odd body chemistry, so I have an exceptionally high tolerance for any sort of local anesthesia.

Apparently this is a thing for redheads. My wife has it too.

I must carry my granddad's redheaded genes, because I have the same problem. As in, the anaesthetic wore out halfway through my vasectomy.

Apparently this is a thing for redheads. My wife has it too.

I must carry my granddad's redheaded genes, because I have the same problem. As in, the anaesthetic wore out halfway through my vasectomy.
It's always been with local anesthesia for me, but I've heard stories (from reliable places) that some people go under from general and they can't move but can still feel everything.
That terrifies me.

It's always been with local anesthesia for me, but I've heard stories (from reliable places) that some people go under from general and they can't move but can still feel everything.
That terrifies me.
Yikes!
I always mention it up front whenever I need an anaesthetic. Hopefully they make allowance for it then.

If I can add a second interesting thing, probably more appropriate to the site...
I lost my virginity on an island.
My BF at the time's dad owned some undeveloped property on a lake. A whopping 30 yards or so off the shore was a small maybe 60ft by 60ft island. We paddled a canoe out to it after dark. He'd set up a tent and sleeping bag and such earlier and we did it there.

I had a head injury in my teens that should have killed me.
A lasting effect from that is I cannot remember dates and times.
"Remember when we had lunch at Charlie's?. When was that?"

Not a fucking clue. To me it could have been 2 days or 2 years ago.

That terrifies me.
That is like something from a movie. Fuck. 😳

There is a drug that paralyzes a person without numbing pain at all. It puts you in a semiconscious state that sometimes can be mistaken for death. Imagine, if you will, a doctor doing an autopsy on you when you're like that. He steps up, says his usual spiel, "This won't hurt a bit," and smiles. You realize he's the one who gave you the shot the night before when you caught him with your wife.
That terrifies me.

After I realized I had the issue with anesthesia I starter researching and ran into an article in one of the science magazines that talked about that.
Anesthesia is some weird complicated stuff...I've been under once, and hopefully never again.

I'm so sorry for your intolerance, it sounds nightmarish. New fear unlocked for sure...

I recently had all of my wisdoms taken out under local. Honestly, I wish they'd just gassed me, that was ah... yeah, it wasn't fun.

There is a drug that paralyzes a person without numbing pain at all. It puts you in a semiconscious state that sometimes can be mistaken for death. Imagine, if you will, a doctor doing an autopsy on you when you're like that. He steps up, says his usual spiel, "This won't hurt a bit," and smiles. You realize he's the one who gave you the shot the night before when you caught him with your wife.

Sounds like some serious horror fuel... and also a LW story?

After I realized I had the issue with anesthesia I starter researching and ran into an article in one of the science magazines that talked about that.
Anesthesia is some weird complicated stuff...I've been under once, and hopefully never again.

Which gives one loads of respect for anesthesiologists, and the hefty line item on the surgery bill. Half art, half science, evidently.

Yuppers. I remember reading or seeing some TV show or movie that featured the drug.
I'm so sorry for your intolerance, it sounds nightmarish. New fear unlocked for sure...

I recently had all of my wisdoms taken out under local. Honestly, I wish they'd just gassed me, that was ah... yeah, it wasn't fun.

Sounds like some serious horror fuel... and also a LW story?

Which gives one loads of respect for anesthesiologists, and the hefty line item on the surgery bill. Half art, half science, evidently.
Apparently a ton of your bill is to pay for their malpractice insurance.
Kind of wish I hadn't gone down that rabbit hole sometimes.

Back