Secret Lies (closed)

zydrate

Sweet Zydrate
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Posts
25,169
Another day, another dollar.

That's what the day started out like. Jessica Larson was working her usual busy shift, the night crowd. At 1PM, it seemed some of the local club patrons were doing with drinking and such, just get breakfast and then start all over tomorrow.

Not that she was complaining, this was usually a good thing for her on making tips, her shift didn't end until 3AM anyway...this was life. Working and making a living.

Just like everyone else, she had bills to pay...at 25, she knew she wasn't going to be doing this forever. She was going to school in the days to become a nurse because she wanted more than to end up in her 50s and still working at this place. A girl needed a little fun in her life and to have that, she needed to have a better life style.

As she gave some snobby uptown couple their order, she noticed a man enter and take a seat at an empty booth. One of her booths, but that was fine, it seemed her busy hour was calming down so another face didn't matter. Usually she wouldn't have noticed such a man, but this one caught her eyes. He was handsome...had an air about him that said he could handle himself...that and he was there alone.

Walking up to his table, Jessica gave him a smile, "Hello, what can I get you tonight?" She asked, her usual line asked.
 
Nick Rodgers was tired. It had been a long day that involved meeting after meeting, and concluded with a meeting over drinks at some ritzy club that had thumping music which was way too loud for anything productive to take place. He walked out of the club and knew that he would not be able to go to sleep, so, he decided to get a bite to eat and a cup of coffee. Nick was not like most people; coffee did not keep him awake at night. As he walked along the street he found a little place that was not very crowded. That was what he was looking for; a quiet place to just unwind.

Nick walked in and sat down at a booth. Shortly after he sat down, a waitress walked up to him. "Hi, how are you?" Nick smiled at her. She was very attractive. "May I have a cup of coffee please, and I will let you recommend something for me to eat. I am not too hungry, and I trust that you know what is good here." He smiled at her again as he knew he caught her a little off guard.
 
"Well, coffee is always good...perhaps a slice of cheesecake to go with it?" She said, smiling to him as she turned over his cup on the table and poured some coffee into it.

She realized how tired he seemed, yet that didn't take away from his looks, he was quite handsome, not the kind you'd catch here at the diner at these hours... "From the looks of it, I would say yes to the cake and keep the coffee coming?"
 
"Cheesecake it is. Coffee, and plenty of it will work, too." He watched the waitress pour the coffee and then walk off to get his cheesecake. He couldn't help but check her out as she walked away....after all...he was a guy. He liked what he saw. In addition to being very pretty, she had a very nice figure. His mind wandered for a second. He wondered why she worked here...and on this shift. He wondered if she was working her way through school. Then, he wondered if she had a boyfriend...or if she was married. He wasn't sure why he thought about that. Nick snapped out of it and realized she was setting the cheesecake in front of him. "Thank you."
 
Back
Top