Wake for Byron: All that and a bag of chips...

I am very sorry to hear this, Noor. It is always difficult and painful when someone we care for passes. I do know what that's like, and I grieve with you.

Rest in peace, good sir. Until the next life... :rose:
 
noor :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

my true condolences.
he was the smartest, infuriatingest, sweetest, darkest, brightest, quirkiest, quicksilver and lead-est person i ever came across. so sorry time ran out for you guys.

if the letter arrives, i'll pm you. x
 
I am very sorry to hear this news.


Byron In Exile

A bright bulb shines leaving
shadowy creatures to scatter
and light to invade the darkness
till someone hits the off switch
then there is nothingness
just a slight glow that fades
till darkness takes hold
you burned so brilliantly
but I will miss the light
you had like a beacon
in a sometimes gloomy dark world
you've left a void and mark
it cannot be filled with your absence

:heart:

Mate - fill the silence with musical laughter and a never ending loop of
your favourite tunes in the big sound system in the sky.
 
Noor ~ again you have my condolences. May you find peace. ((hugs)) :rose:
 
I didn't really know him, but I liked him.

So sorry for your loss Noor. :rose:
 
This is so upsetting. I'll miss him so.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, Noor.

Requiescat in pace.
 
I've been trying to get my head around Byron being gone and I just can't. He's been a fixture on the Gee Bee for so long now, the one person you can count on to be around at any given hour.

I was really pissed at him recently over the stupidest pettyest of shit - the Blurt thread debacle. I'd stopped posting for a bit, sulking. He sent me a PM. I resisted clicking on it because I thought it might be confrontational or argumentative or half-apologetic/half-accusatory - the sort of thing you'd expect when you're publicly semi-beefing - but it was nothing of the sort. No mention of Blurt, just the sort of thing he'd always send - something funny, something interesting. All my pissededness evaporated in the face of his respect and love and good cheer. He made me feel stupid to have been so mad at him, to have taken petty stuff so seriously.

And that was so him. For all the shit he liked to stir, at the end of the day there was no heat there. He wasn't motivated by anger or jealousy or ego. He was just fucking around. A lot of people here say they're here to fuck around, but nearly all of us get caught up in the drama and bullshit to some degree. Not Byron. He was creating chaos, beating on the machine, all the while feeling great love and respect for the individual people (all of us) inside it.

He got a great kick out of the Gee Bee and the people here. In some ways, he understood what this place is and what it isn't better than anyone. Definitely better than me.

It's always really strange when Litsters die because there's a part of me which believes that once I've talked to any of them, even just in passing on the boards, I might actually meet them in person. I've got mental images of imaginary lunches with so many of you - what you'd order, what you'd say, how you'd laugh. I feel pretty bummed, because I think Byron would have definitely been an interesting guy to hang out with.

My heart goes out to Noor and those of you who knew him off the Gee Bee. As much as it hurts, do know that you were lucky to have had him in your life. :rose:
 
A distinct presence, if there ever was one. The world will be a bit more boring, moving forward.

My condolences to all who knew him better. Here, elsewhere, anywhere.
 
He surely was the best GB moderator ever. :rose:


(I didn't know him, other than through his unique omnipresence on the GB. RIP Byron.)
 
He was an odd duck, to be sure. However, the man could craft a post, talented in writing, knowledgeable in history and other things. He didnt take any guff from the GB swine and could handle himself quite well.

I hardly knew the man, but he will be missed....

Carry on my wayward son...
 
Last edited:
He couldn't fucking stand me......I thought he was funny, sorry for your loss Noor.
 
Noor, I'm so sorry, sweetie. I wish I had something half-way comforting to say.




Byron, you will be missed. :rose:
 
You know, it's funny how you can interact with someone for years and even though you may never meet them, or even talk to them in depth, they become part of your community, if not your family. Byron was clever, charming, and frequently exasperating, and he was never boring. Even on the occasions when I was irritated by him, I still liked him. That never stopped. I'll definitely miss him. I can't wrap my head around the fact that there will be no more Byron threads about random subjects on my front page.

Noor, I'm so sorry for your loss. If the rest of us are this sad, I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. :rose:
 
I never knew Byron on a personal level, but he was indeed a fixture on the GB. Wow. No more Byron threads.

I am truly sorry for your loss, Noor. I wish I knew what else to say.
 
Adios, Byron. I hardly knew ya, but thanks for amusing me. Condolences, Noor.
 
Byron was one of those guys that you loved to hate. We went through periods of taking shots at each other but there was nothing malicious about any of it because the next day we would joke around.
He was annoying and a post whore.

He will be missed.

So how did he die?
 
The last thing I said to him was that he was a very sweet man.

I am glad that was what was said.

I am so sorry Noor.

:rose:
 
Byron was one of those guys that you loved to hate. We went through periods of taking shots at each other but there was nothing malicious about any of it because the next day we would joke around.
He was annoying and a post whore.

He will be missed.

So how did he die?
A consummation devoutly to be wished. He shuffled off his mortal coil. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone to meet his maker. He's a stiff. Bereft of life, he rests in peace. He is an ex-GBer.
 
Last edited:
he could be very sweet, and very generous.
when my youngest cut off his long, long hair to raise money, to make real hair wigs for girls with alopecia & cancer, Byron sponsored him £50.
i'd forgotten all about that.
 
Back
Top