Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Return Fitz to the world of the living and I will watch Season 6.

Avengers 4 and Captain Marvel are looking to be so good they may even make me want to see them in 3D.

You think? Captain Marvel looks awesome. I’m liking what I see in the trailer.
The next Avengers? I’m split still. I’m a nerd with the comics from the 90s (And 80s 70s 60s). So still processing the last one.
Oh come on, Avengers 3 was unbeatable. Thanos was awesome! Comic book Thanos killed half the universe to win the love of Hella. That's the worst incel storyline ever. Flipping that to saving the universe from overpopulation was by far the best character overhaul in a very long time. Thanos would have been a monument to "toxic masculinity" going by the comic book. Now he has sparked a real (if misguided) conversation about the dangers of overpopulation. He literally evolved from a 2D incel caricature to a 3D villain.

And in other news: some interesting shit about modern story villains

You’ve a good point there. Misguided agreed, over poplulation completely agree. The character was written well. Again though, it just took a bit of paradigm shifting to look at it differently than what I was used to.
I do agree that whole (kill half the universe for Deaths love was a bit much).

Thought on the new Godzilla?
I am not sure how the new Godzilla is going to work out. King Kong has been introduced into the MUTO crisis, putting him in this same universe. Why didn't they revisit Japan's Kong vs Godzilla fight before going straight to King Ghidorah? Kong would have been quite an asset against Ghidorah. But apparently we're not gonna see any of those vs matchups. :(

IMG-2544.jpg

Dz1-EMGPX0-AAT3ca.jpg

aaaaaaaand with the screener having been viewed and commented on, looks like Captain Marvel's a lock.

Two weeks! Get y'all's tickets now! :D

1544038593_2.jpg

I give this flick a B. The further I think about it, the more I realize how much I enjoyed watching it, warts and all. And how every Marvel joint that comes out just makes you want more. As an origin story for Carol Danvers, this did enough, but then again, not enough, for the wider universe we've come to know and love. I wanted more Kree shit. I wanted more Goose the Cat. I wanted more of Fury's self-admitted past reveals.

Was really nice seeing Clark Gregg/Coulson again in a full-blown MCU movie again, even if it was a throwback to when he was a back-in-the-day greenie next to Fury in S.H.I.E.L.D.! :D

Agreed. I was pretty bummed seeing it positioned that way. Both Godzilla and Kong are guardians. It really should have been that team up aginst Ghidorah. Have to wait and see.

Btw love Hawkeye “ronin” look. Hoping he is the badass needed.

I’m more hyped to see Godzilla - King of the monsters than I am to see Captain Marvel and I really love the MCU.
Other than that, AVENGERS - End game and IT part2 are top on my list of movies to see this year.
🌷Kant

1544038593_2.jpg

I give this flick a B. The further I think about it, the more I realize how much I enjoyed watching it, warts and all. And how every Marvel joint that comes out just makes you want more. As an origin story for Carol Danvers, this did enough, but then again, not enough, for the wider universe we've come to know and love. I wanted more Kree shit. I wanted more Goose the Cat. I wanted more of Fury's self-admitted past reveals.

Was really nice seeing Clark Gregg/Coulson again in a full-blown MCU movie again, even if it was a throwback to when he was a back-in-the-day greenie next to Fury in S.H.I.E.L.D.! :D

Was this featured at all in the movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtGdGCdfKzM

Okay, I watched the Captain Marvel movie and I’ll be the first to say there is an inconsistency in the movie. It’s a throw back to 90’s, yes, but in the setting of 1995 S.H.I.E.L.D. is known as S.H.I.E.L.D at that point. Watch the first Iron man movie when Agent Coulson refers to it as a lengthy name and says we’re working on it in relation to shortening the agency’s name. It’s only a minor inconsistency, but one that I caught onto watching the movie. 🌷Kant

1544038593_2.jpg

I found it quite the A-/A flick. They stuffed a whole lot into this movie and then that jump scare tho :D :D :D

Shout out to the fanboiz haters - if the misogynists were watching closely they'd notice what happened to the top female villain, and how that differed from the top male villain. Also Carol Danvers was very explicitly denied the Mary Sue treatment. Fanboiz can really, truly stfu.

You know the online trolling's bad enough, but can you imagine the apocalyptic meltdowns if it would have been the Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel?

I can see it now:

PHOTON?!!1!@@1!###!1!! #WhiteGenocide

original.gif

Endgame was lit as fuck. And I only saw it in regular format. Was well worth getting up on a rainy Friday at 6AM for an 8 o' clock matinee. Second viewing might be mandatory. :D

Best thank San Diego Comic Con. Here's what's next in Phase 4:

File-Jul-21-9-49-13-AM.png

In theaters November 6, 2020

Directed by: Chloé Zhao

Starring:
Angelina Jolie
Richard Madden
Kumail Nanjiani
Lauren Ridloff
Brian Tyree Henry
Salma Hayek
Lia McHugh
Don Lee

-

File-Jul-21-9-48-48-AM.png

Streaming on Disney+, Fall 2020

Starring:
Anthony Mackie
Sebastian Stan
Daniel Brühl

-

File-Jul-21-9-48-25-AM.png

In theaters February 12, 2021

Directed by Destin Daniel Cretton

Starring:
Simu Liu
Awkwafina
Tony Leung

-

File-Jul-21-9-48-09-AM.png

Streaming on Disney+, Spring 2021

Starring:
Elizabeth Olsen
Paul Bettany
Teyonah Parris

-

File-Jul-21-9-47-46-AM.png

Streaming on Disney+, Spring 2021

Starring:
Tom Hiddleston (duh!) :D

-

File-Jul-21-9-47-21-AM.png

In theaters May 7, 2021

Directed by Scott Derrickson (returning)

Starring:
Benedict Cumberbatch
Elizabeth Olsen

File-Jul-21-9-46-58-AM.png

The first MCU Animated Series

Streaming on Disney+, Summer 2021

Starring Jeffrey Wright as the voice of Uatu The Watcher and various MCU actors reprising their roles as voice talent

-

File-Jul-21-9-46-26-AM.png

Streaming on Disney+, Fall 2021

Starring:
Jeremy Renner

also introducing the character of Kate Bishop

-

File-Jul-21-9-45-54-AM.png

In theaters November 5, 2021

Director: Taika Waititi (returning)

Starring:
Chris Hemsworth
Tessa Thompson
Natalie Portman

-

File-Jul-21-9-51-03-AM.png

In theaters May 1, 2020

Director: Cate Shortland

Starring:
Scarlett Johansson
David Harbour
Florence Pugh
O-T Fagbenle
Rachel Weisz

-

File-Jul-21-9-50-48-AM.png

Starring: Mahershala Ali

all info available so far. Shit could flip later on. But all that's in there and we good. :D

giphy.gif

Endgame out on digital today. If you got three hours and a pizza party, you're set, just sayin'! :D

Back