The Official Author's Hangout 2016 April Fool's Day Contest Support Thread

In!

I got mine turned in this morning, but man weekends are bad time to submit. I don't think it will get in until next week.

Anyway...at least it's in the hopper.

The mistaken identity/identical looks perspective gave me a pretty good idea to plan the meeting of my characters. It's not going to be in this contest, but I'm going to have a head start on the story atleast.

And good luck to those who're participating in this one. May the trolls not be with you. ;)

Just Finished

Just finished my entry. I think I will let it sit and marinate over the weekend before I go over it again and hit the submit button. In the meantime I might knockout another one. It will be a quickie, but hey sometimes it is nice to get a quickie in.

Hi there, I just found out about the April Fool's competition after I recently published a story that fits really well into that criteria. Is there any way to retroactively submit a published story that was submitted within the time frame?

Thanks!

Hi there, I just found out about the April Fool's competition after I recently published a story that fits really well into that criteria. Is there any way to retroactively submit a published story that was submitted within the time frame?

Thanks!

Hi, welcome to the AH.

First you need to go into your user CP and enable private messages. Once you do that send a message to Laurel, the site owner and ask her if that's possible

http://forum.literotica.com/member.php?u=7

Good luck.

Thanks!

Technically, I think it depends on whether that "recently published" story was posted to Lit. or somewhere else. By the wording of the contest rules ("created for this contest theme"), you should be able to include a story published elsewhere, but by other rules, you shouldn't be able to submit a story already published to Literotica. The intent of the rules may be something else, but the actual wording just says the story has to be created for the theme picked for the contest, not specifically for Lit. or specifically for a contest.

Mine is submitted. My first 2-pager in a while, rather than 5-10. Oedipus and Perseus tell true tales for the Day of Fools at the Heroes Bar. It should be in Humor and Satire like my other Heroes Bar story, Santa's Tale, but, you know, Oedipus...

So, some Incest and Taboo readers looking for a quick spank are probably going to be disappointed and confused.

I'd like to get a second, more serious entry, a Mature romance, done too.

Good luck and good reading, all.

I have a question for an upcoming contest.

Can you enter with an anthology?

I have something that will fit one of the future contests this year. It has four short scenes but has a wrap around story featuring two characters who appear in and between all the stories and they connect all of them. The entire thing would be about 8 lit pages.

Not as an anthology, I don't think. But, since they are interlocking, they could be considered sections of an overarching story. Just section them off under one story title and submit away.

Not as an anthology, I don't think. But, since they are interlocking, they could be considered sections of an overarching story. Just section them off under one story title and submit away.

Right, I probably didn't explain it right, its all under one title, it just jumps to four different people so "*****" for scene breaks

There is a pair of demons the story opens with then they show up in the start and end of every scene and influence all the characters which ties all scenes together.

That sounds like a story to me lc. But maybe I don't get what you're saying. In your second post, it seems like you're saying there are some demons that fuck with different people in four different scenes. What makes you think it might not pass muster?

That sounds like a story to me lc. But maybe I don't get what you're saying. In your second post, it seems like you're saying there are some demons that fuck with different people in four different scenes. What makes you think it might not pass muster?

Just thinking as each could technically be a short standalone if it would matter.

Just thinking as each could technically be a short standalone if it would matter.

It sounds like 1001 Arabian Nights. Aladdin or Sinbad are individual tales and also part of the overarching story. As long as you have that overarching framework, the whole is legitimately a story for contest purposes (novels qualify as stories for this) as would be one of the discrete parts.

What is the next contest - nude or summer?

It sounds like 1001 Arabian Nights. Aladdin or Sinbad are individual tales and also part of the overarching story. As long as you have that overarching framework, the whole is legitimately a story for contest purposes (novels qualify as stories for this) as would be one of the discrete parts.

What is the next contest - nude or summer?

Birthday suit

Thanks for the answers everyone.

This would be for Halloween so a ways off. This is he first year I have something for each contest except winter pretty much already written, good thing because real life's throwing some curves and I might not be able to enter otherwise.

I'm in. Seems my muse has returned to being her usual helpful self after a year of being a total bitch.
Good luck everyone :)

Wow, I actually finished a story! I mean, I could write more, but the entire story arc is there. I'd like to get it proof read but the person who said he would isn't around so I'll probably just put it aside for a few hours then re-read it before I submit it. :rolleyes:

ETA: You people are awesome! I've already had two people offer to read and give me feedback. :rose:

Last edited:
Wow, I actually finished a story! I mean, I could write more, but the entire story arc is there. I'd like to get it proof read but the person who said he would isn't around so I'll probably just put it aside for a few hours then re-read it before I submit it. :rolleyes:

ETA: You people are awesome! I've already had two people offer to read and give me feedback. :rose:

Good for you! Congrats!

I've got some kind of arrest scheme going on that could turn BDSM or romance depending on if I arrest the women or men (maybe both?). Overdone?

By the way - do people think it's too late to just start on something now for April Fools? And a question for all you long time established literotica writers - How do you go about getting votes? I don't have an offsite following in this genre and am a newbie to the site. What's the best way to get folks to read and vote? Thanks!

I've got some kind of arrest scheme going on that could turn BDSM or romance depending on if I arrest the women or men (maybe both?). Overdone?

Overdone? There's an audience for almost anything (within the rules) on Literotica. Some tropes are more popular than others but almost any story gets read, particularly if it is in a contest.

By the way - do people think it's too late to just start on something now for April Fools? And a question for all you long time established literotica writers - How do you go about getting votes? I don't have an offsite following in this genre and am a newbie to the site. What's the best way to get folks to read and vote? Thanks!

I've had an idea in the last couple of days for submissions, written it up, submitted it by the deadline, and it's done as well as anything else I submitted. Most of the voting is in the first week of your story, and there's a week in the contest between the closing of submissions and the adding up the the votes the Web site considers legitimate.

Only a few days left for submissions.

I'm leaving my list as four, all low rated. I should revive the Authors' Hangout Last Place (tm) Contest for this April Fool contest. I'd win and take the other places as well.

Back