The Official (Mostly) Literotica April Fool's Day Contest Support Thread!!!

Good to know! I thought because the rules say stand alone story you couldn’t have a continuation. I have already thought of a continuation for my submission from last year’s summer contest. If that’s allowed I’m excited to do that!
Nothing in the rules states that your story can't be from the same "universe" as a previous story. For me, this year's entry is a follow up on last year's story. Last year HE pranked her, and that story fit between chapters 4 and 5 of a much bigger story. This year SHE pranked him 15 years later which fit between chapters 13 and 14. Neither story was vital to the bigger story, they just happened during that timeline.

It's a fun way to expand a universe, and you can add the contest or event story to the main story with a hyperlink. My last year's Love Letters event featured a love letter from Him to her when he was a young airman alone in Germany. Chapter 14 of the big story has her re-reading an old love letter from him and a hyperlink to that event entry allows the reader to read along. None of these outside stories were vital or even a part of the big story, but readers of the big story enjoy discovering these side stories. I even used my characters for a sadly low rated 750 word story and will be part of the 750 word event next year, a year after the Big story has ended.

Okay, I just went there to see if the winners had been announced and I did get a surprise, because it'd just been updated, so I will also take this moment to say congratulations to all of us who got stories entered, and to Duleigh and silkstockinglover. I shall refrain from congratulating myself, lol, but I'm going to be all smiles for the rest of today, that's for sure.

1680195122332.png

Congrats to those who placed and everyone else who entered.

The sweeps brought my two entries from "down there" to hot.

Last edited:
I don't believe it
A month ago I told Laurel that this was my last contest for a year, I was going to concentrate on writers challenges is this her DLTDHYOTA moment?

Thank you all who voted for me, I'm just shocked and amazed to be listed between two writers that I have really admired for a long time

Okay, I just went there to see if the winners had been announced and I did get a surprise, because it'd just been updated, so I will also take this moment to say congratulations to all of us who got stories entered, and to Duleigh and silkstockinglover. I shall refrain from congratulating myself, lol, but I'm going to be all smiles for the rest of today, that's for sure.

View attachment 2222483
I will congratulate you, and @silkstockingslover
I quit pretending to write in 2008 and returned to writing 1 year ago and just to be listed with incredible writers like @ChloeTzang and SSL is reward enough, you two are amazing, thank you so much for joining our April Fools party.

View attachment 2222483
Congratulations ChloeTzang, Duleigh, and silkstockingslover, on your well deserved win!

Congratulations to @ChloeTzang, @Duleigh, and @silkstockingslover!

I'd also like to congratulate the top rated story, in each category. I'll try to look up and post them later; (right now the site is still displaying some of the pre-sweep scores).

Good work everybody. I've enjoyed being in this contest with you, and everyone has been so supportive and upbeat in this tread as well.

Congrats to the winners. Well deserved.

Weird; looks like a final sweep removed around 10 "votes" on my story, bumping my rating up to 4.13.

Which tells me even after clearing any 1 bombs, my story still brought in a bunch of 4's.

Which I can respect.

Major congratulations to the Podium Placers. Well deserved all.

All I can say about the sweep is... it was weird :unsure:. It's morning here, and right now my story has the exact same number of votes as it did when I last looked last night... but the score has gone up by 0.27. Wild.

All I can say about the sweep is... it was weird :unsure:. It's morning here, and right now my story has the exact same number of votes as it did when I last looked last night... but the score has gone up by 0.27. Wild.
That means some (down) votes were swept and, since then, some more favorable votes were made.

It was an amazing sweep, there was one yesterday that knocked out one vote and I said "Meh, I didn't expect much"
But then today MediocreAuthor started congratulating me and said "That must be the sweep you were talking about"
I looked and saw a W and about 20 uno-bombs were gone. I've never seen a W before, at least not with my name in the same neighborhood.

You likely had new votes come in after the sweep. Or the system hasn't updated the votes yet.

My score went from 3.9 to 4.21 and I'm showing 23 fewer votes than yesterday. The sweep cut deep. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow after everything syncs.

I will congratulate you, and @silkstockingslover
I quit pretending to write in 2008 and returned to writing 1 year ago and just to be listed with incredible writers like @ChloeTzang and SSL is reward enough, you two are amazing, thank you so much for joining our April Fools party.

Hi
Thanks to both of you for great stories. It’s always nice to be recognized especially in a category I don’t usually excel in.

Off to Nude Day…

It's all written, and said and done, now it's 31st March, results are up, and I have a request for the Management.

Is it possible to CATEGORISE the competition entries ?

There are a lot of words in all the entries. I am sure readers would prefer not to go down a category that is not to their liking.

Perhaps request Authors to 'select their category' at the starting line, so judges need not.

Cheers.

Bloody hell Chloe, your stories looks to have been hammered since winning. Some people... :rolleyes:
My plan was to go through the contest entries and post the highest rated story in each category... but the immediate shifting scores is making that a pain in the ass.

Also, the scores listed on each story's page aren't even accurate. You've gotta go to each Author's Story Submissions to see the actual current scores. This is frustrating.

It's all written, and said and done, now it's 31st March, results are up, and I have a request for the Management.

Is it possible to CATEGORISE the competition entries ?
That already happens.

There are a lot of words in all the entries. I am sure readers would prefer not to go down a category that is not to their liking.

Perhaps request Authors to 'select their category' at the starting line, so judges need not.

Cheers.
Authors DO choose the category for our story when we submit it. The judges (who are the mass of readers who vote on the entries, there isn't a judging 'panel') have no say. Authors always choose the category each of our stories goes in, not just for contest entries. On very rare occasions, Laurel, the submissions editor, might override that but she rarely does.

What doesn't happen is that the list of contest entries doesn't obviously include the category. But if you click on each story's link, the category will show on that page and if it’s not to your taste, hit the browser back button.

Last edited:
Back