The Official (Mostly) Literotica April Fool's Day Contest Support Thread!!!

Somehow I don't think I'm anything like as prolific lol - altho I do have a lot of half written drafts and story ideas. I tend to prioritize the top half dozen or so and I don't have anything like a backlog of completed drafts.
I only count 179 in my "written-and-waiting" list at the moment. :)

We need a stock ticker interface to track scores for stories similar to how the stock market tracks stock prices. This way you could see a stories heyday and its lows.

We need a stock ticker interface to track scores for stories similar to how the stock market tracks stock prices. This way you could see a stories heyday and its lows.
Wouldn't the vote zappers here have a field day with that?

Historical data would be super nice to have instead of just the snapshot we have now.

For the last few years, I've submitted stories for most of the contests. If I have time, I'll record the scores a few days before the winners are announced, even if it's just the top ten or twenty stories. Almost always, as was the case this time, the scores change completely on the day they announce the three top stories. I can never guess by tracking beforehand who will win. Even if one story is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest, that doesn't mean that it will win.

I think the sweeps change everything at the end, and it's always interesting to see the final results.

I had recently said that this was going to be my last contest, that was until a "brave" member of my fan club anonymously tried to convince me that my win was completely illegitimate. For a moment they had me convinced, that I should walk off into the night. But then I realized I ain't that kind of dog, I don't play that way. This dog spent a dog's life gnawing on real live actual thermo-nuclear blow your entire state off the f***ing map weapons, an unsigned message in the dark of the night ain't no thang.

Thank you. I'm back.

I've got pencils to sharpen.

I had recently said that this was going to be my last contest, that was until a "brave" member of my fan club anonymously tried to convince me that my win was completely illegitimate. For a moment they had me convinced, that I should walk off into the night. But then I realized I ain't that kind of dog, I don't play that way. This dog spent a dog's life gnawing on real live actual thermo-nuclear blow your entire state off the f***ing map weapons, an unsigned message in the dark of the night ain't no thang.

Thank you. I'm back.

Glad to hear it. Don't let the anonymous creeps get you down. I, for one, think you deserved your win.

Last edited:

Thank you. I'm back.

LOL. Don't let the bastards get you down. That's the spirit. Just keep in mind, those who can, write. And those who can only write nasty comments, write nasty comments. Look at the bright side - your story was so good it inspired some troll to react - you brought a brief moment of pleasure to their otherwise dull grey life! This in itself is an accomplishment!

Nothing in the rules states that your story can't be from the same "universe" as a previous story. For me, this year's entry is a follow up on last year's story. Last year HE pranked her, and that story fit between chapters 4 and 5 of a much bigger story. This year SHE pranked him 15 years later which fit between chapters 13 and 14. Neither story was vital to the bigger story, they just happened during that timeline.

It's a fun way to expand a universe, and you can add the contest or event story to the main story with a hyperlink. My last year's Love Letters event featured a love letter from Him to her when he was a young airman alone in Germany. Chapter 14 of the big story has her re-reading an old love letter from him and a hyperlink to that event entry allows the reader to read along. None of these outside stories were vital or even a part of the big story, but readers of the big story enjoy discovering these side stories. I even used my characters for a sadly low rated 750 word story and will be part of the 750 word event next year, a year after the Big story has ended.
Great to know! Thanks for sharing!

Back