How did your garden grow?

Anyone having problems with peppers this year? I usually have too many peppers and this year, nothing.

Tomatoes are going nuts, though.

worse garden in years...

all i have are weeds...

blueberries are nice....raspberries are coming on...but nothing got planted...bummer

I went minimalist this year. Other than my herbs I have 4 tomato plants, 2 cukes, and one zucchini. All are doing fine...............so far.

I just mowed mine down. I missed the tomatoes though.

The lesson learned? >>>Build a better garden fence.

Everything was great until 2 days ago...fucking BEAR got up in my shit :rolleyes:

I have 2 tomato plants, half a bed of yukon gold spuds, 3 pepper plants and 2 ganja plants left.

In the herb bed I got to keep sage, fennel and dill.

Everything else got fucking WRECKED.

Apples, cherries, plums, most the tomatoes, almost 300 sq ft of leafy greens, 2x sour diesel, black cherry OG and original blueberry 2 rather large watermelon plants, 2 cantaloupe, my zuke bed AND trashed some of my Japanese maples (Acer palmatum and japonicum).

All trashed.

Plus about 1200 bucks of infrastructure damage to the fencing, irrigation lines, smart pots and elevated beds.

First time it's happened to my personal garden...I can say that a mamma bear with 2 cubs is by far the most destructive pest I've ever dealt with.

I set up security again...this time with all sorts of offensive improvements.

If they come back I'll be waiting.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Last night somone gave me 2 mason jars of hot peppers. Canned from their garden.:cool:

No. I'm not sharing.

Both fruit trees planted last year are in blossom.

New frog in the garden.

Just started settling seedlings. Need to get the sunflowers on the go.

What's the proverb about people who plant trees?

My cannabis garden is doing well, ready to e picked in 1 month.

Very good

Garden grew very well. It provided for us and our children and grand children. There are a few friends that got thier part and still are. The tomatoes just keep on keeping on. My father told me when i was young that to have a good garden there is something you must put in it every day. Your shadow!!! Hope you had a good one too.

Back