What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wonderful surprise visit :heart:

Teasing me relentlessly and making me giggle. He is silly in the best way possible sometimes ( I like your walk Sir) just to make me laugh :D:kiss:

nose gently bitten, eyelids kissed. His arms aound me *sigh*

sexually taking me to places no other man has.
 
Last edited:
This guy

A Seattle teacher's refusal to give the WASL has earned him a nine-day, unpaid suspension from his job -- and the admiration of WASL opponents around the state.

Carl Chew, a sixth-grade science teacher at Eckstein Middle School, said he knew he could be fired for insubordination for refusing to administer the annual standardized tests, which are used to gauge public-school students' academic performance and show progress toward meeting federal reading and math goals.

Still, Chew said his moral and ethical objections to the Washington Assessment of Student Learning have grown in recent years, and he decided that he finally had to take a stand.

"Each year I would give the WASL, and I would promise myself I would never do it again," he said. "I decided, 'I'm not going to wimp out this time.' "

Last week, he typed a note of explanation to his colleagues, met with school administrators and was temporarily reassigned to work in the district's Science Materials Center, preparing classroom science kits. Though he was later suspended, Chew, 60, said his decision not to give the WASL -- a first for a teacher in Washington -- was worth it.

"I know for some teachers it's not an option," he said. "But it's going to take a lot of different people to stand up and say no before something really changes."

Good on ya, Mr. Chew.
 
Taking a nice long walk to the park and listening to my daughter laugh uncontrollably when her father pushed her on the swings.

Today was a beautiful day.
 
Last edited:
Knowing that I'm not the only one remembering where we started and how far we've come...

Master (10/17/2006 6:52:04 PM): *yank*
Fi (10/17/2006 7:22:05 PM): /moan
Fi (10/17/2006 7:22:10 PM): and you have to do that as I'm just out of the shower?
Master (10/17/2006 7:22:21 PM): *grin*
Master (10/17/2006 7:23:54 PM): is that good or bad?
Fi (10/17/2006 7:24:02 PM): hehe good
Master (10/17/2006 7:24:20 PM): hehe well good then *grin*
Fi (10/17/2006 7:24:28 PM): hehe
Master (10/17/2006 7:25:51 PM): just as long as i'm not doing anything out of bounds
Fi (10/17/2006 7:26:07 PM): no.. you're not
Master (10/17/2006 7:26:19 PM): oh good then *yank yank*
Fi (10/17/2006 7:31:49 PM): hehe
 
First, I have a new hot water heater, and tomorrow will have a nice hot shower!

Second, after I asked the maintenance guy about a dryer issue, he pulled the dryer out and discovered the exhaust tube wasn't even hooked up to the outside venthole, and was also flattened! All fixed now!

Third, both changes may improve my electric bill.

And fourth, spending an hour at lunch "helping" the maintenance guy was very, um, nice. He's very much the eye candy. :D
 
A silly note and phone call from one of my dear friends had me laughing today
 
Hugs, smiles, laughter, applause and, later, compliments from audience members.

:rose:
 
Meeting new people today.

Genuine, friendly people who understand what its like to move to another country and offer tons of advice and offers of support.
 
My new Wii! (simple things I know, but its all I have right now).

The thought of lillies and their effect...
 
thinking of the way he kissed me, the first time we met after our time apart *soft smile*

My mum calling me a little minx :)

a very complimentary email from an ex. I'm so glad we are on good terms now.
 
My son waking up....stumbling down the stairs in his pj's , smiling and saying "good morning Mommy".
 
My mom!!! ^^

Situation: She is a high school math teacher; a focused, conservative mother to everyone. She was telling me that she had written out this super complex equation for her class. And she was about to say "I know it's long and really hard, but that's what makes it fun..." :eek:

And she heard my voice in her head say "That's what she said!" Ahahahaaaa! :D So she stumbled and stuttered and just barely avoided an unfortunate and unintentional innuendo that she never would have lived down with the students.

My mom hears my nasty jokes in her head now. My life's work is complete. *bows with a flourish* Thank you, thank you! :devil:
 
A frantically concerned phone call from a close friend, kind words from strangers here, the fact that I woke up and I don't have a headache from my crying fit... These are all very good things. Oh, and my forum avatar is awesome.
 
First day of Brittish spring!

Managed to wear a t-shirt to work today! Sun=Less clothing on honeys!:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top